Game 5 IGT: Blackhawks @ Ducks 5/25 at 8:00 p.m.

Adun

Liked Posts:
I disagree with this wholeheartedly. Timonen was the only one giving any fuck on that goal. That was Hammer's guy, after a bad line change. Timonen was trying to cover two guys. Timonen hasn't been good but don't put that one on him.

Timonen had two guys open in the middle of the ice, but decided to put it down the boards. Hammer fucked up after that, cutting across the ice and leaving Vatanen all alone

Adun

Liked Posts:
What a dumb play by Bickell, almost as dumb as Hammer's for the first goal in the last game. At first I thought he was shooting, but he was actually aiming for the bench side corner. Just chip it or knock it off the boards, man

Anyway, they didn't deserve this game, not with how they came out in the first

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Timonen had two guys open in the middle of the ice, but decided to put it down the boards. Hammer fucked up after that, cutting across the ice and leaving Vatanen all alone

Timonen chipped the puck to Sharp. Sharp turned it over. Timonen's D partner was off making a line change, for some reason. Hammer comes on the ice, and doesn't realize that he is playing the right side..... Timonen looks around and makes a desperation play on a 2 on 1, and loses. Hammer still wasn't anywhere near his guy. Timonen was probably the least responsible for that goal.

Anyways....that doesn't hold a candle to the Bickell play in OT. That one isn't even debatable.

The 1st period is the reason they lost, so it really doesn't matter.

Adun

Liked Posts:
Timonen chipped the puck to Sharp. Sharp turned it over. Timonen's D partner was off making a line change, for some reason. Hammer comes on the ice, and doesn't realize that he is playing the right side..... Timonen looks around and makes a desperation play on a 2 on 1, and loses. Hammer still wasn't anywhere near his guy. Timonen was probably the least responsible for that goal.

Anyways....that doesn't hold a candle to the Bickell play in OT. That one isn't even debatable.

The 1st period is the reason they lost, so it really doesn't matter.

One second before Kimo's pass to Sharp close to the boards:

timo_sucks.jpg

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

View attachment 2137

Sharp could've done better, sure, but Kimmo threw him a hand grenade with that pass.

That was a problem for the entire first period: the Hawks just throwing the puck up the boards instead of using the middle of the ice on the breakout.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:

View attachment 2137

So Hammer goes from being in the middle of the ice in the correct position, to almost out of the zone on the opposite side of the ice, and that's on Timo? Timo makes the smart play, chipping the puck up the boards high, and Sharp stops it, keeps it in the zone, and loses it, and that's on Timo? Come on. Timonen fucking sucks, but he's third on the blame list on that goal. I honestly thought Hammer had come off the bench, seeing how high and out of position he was. Turns out he just went for a skate instead of staying home. I'm not sure what Sharp is doing either, keeping/bringing that puck back into the zone. Just let it go.

That wasn't a pass from Timo... That was a clear. He was making the safe play and putting it high and out of the zone.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
These IGTs have really gone downhill. I am disappoint.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
So Hammer goes from being in the middle of the ice in the correct position, to almost out of the zone on the opposite side of the ice, and that's on Timo? Timo makes the smart play, chipping the puck up the boards high, and Sharp stops it, keeps it in the zone, and loses it, and that's on Timo? Come on. Timonen fucking sucks, but he's third on the blame list on that goal. I honestly thought Hammer had come off the bench, seeing how high and out of position he was. Turns out he just went for a skate instead of staying home. I'm not sure what Sharp is doing either, keeping/bringing that puck back into the zone. Just let it go.

That wasn't a pass from Timo... That was a clear. He was making the safe play and putting it high and out of the zone.

I don't understand how you look at that picture and say chipping it up the boards is the "safe play" when Hjalmarsson is wide open in the middle of the ice and no Anaheim player is within 20 feet of him.

Adun

Liked Posts:

Excuse me, are you dense?

I posted a screenshot of Timo, having Hammer and Vermette open in the middle to pass them the fucking puck

What is so smart about dumping a puck instead to a guy in your zone, facing you and with a defender on his back? And it wasn't a clear, it never cleared the zone and Sharp never fully controlled the puck

Also I didn't say Hammer didn't fuck up, he came all the way from that position that you see him in the screenshot towards Getzlaf and left space open for Vatanen

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
It's not the SMART play, but it's definitely the safe play. If Sharp lets that puck go, it's out of the zone and at center ice. I also can't say I've seen Timo and Hammer on the ice together more than once or twice, so he wasn't exactly in his comfort zone. Especially playing such limited minutes.

That picture also doesn't show the guy flying in on Timonen at full speed.... You don't risk a pass across the ice there when a guy is coming straight at you. Sharp also turns TO THE MIDDLE, instead of just chipping that further up the boards.

Regardless, mountain out of a molehill. The more egregious fuck-up is Bickell in OT, and the Hawks not showing up to play until the 2nd period.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Hammer has looked worn more than any blueliner not called Timo the last 3 games. Shits catching up to him.

Adun

Liked Posts:
Hammer has looked worn more than any blueliner not called Timo the last 3 games. Shits catching up to him.

His stupid play in the last game was at the end of first period. If he gets that tired after a period then he should have run a few more laps during the off-season

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
What a dumb play by Bickell, almost as dumb as Hammer's for the first goal in the last game. At first I thought he was shooting, but he was actually aiming for the bench side corner. Just chip it or knock it off the boards, man

Anyway, they didn't deserve this game, not with how they came out in the first

Yeah, the Ducks deserved it more for how they came out in the 2nd and 3rd.

Ducks got over. They know it.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
Exactly, that's about as good of a goalie performance by a player giving up 5 goals that you're going to see! I can't see one of them that he really had a chance.

3rd and 5th goals were stoppable, IMO. I mean, he stopped the 2 on 1 in OT, he just padded a juicy rebound to the slot for a one-time winner.

BTW, I don't "hate" Crow, but it seems his adjusted "stoppable" save percentage is 99.99% among the fan base, with all the blame going to the D. If that's the case, use his money to bolster the defense, because it's not good enough to keep him seeing only unscreened shots from the point.

Adun

Liked Posts:
Yeah, the Ducks deserved it more for how they came out in the 2nd and 3rd.

Ducks got over. They know it.

They were up 3-0, it was normal to come out slow. Their problem was their goalie was a shit show

3rd and 5th goals were stoppable, IMO. I mean, he stopped the 2 on 1 in OT, he just padded a juicy rebound to the slot for a one-time winner.

BTW, I don't "hate" Crow, but it seems his adjusted "stoppable" save percentage is 99.99% among the fan base, with all the blame going to the D. If that's the case, use his money to bolster the defense, because it's not good enough to keep him seeing only unscreened shots from the point.

Go watch Crow's reaction after the third and see what he thinks about Hammer's effort on the third.

For the fifth, Kesler's shot hit the blocker, not the pad. Crawford has pads designed to bounce the puck further. There's a one on one by Cogliano in the third, he hit the right pad, the puck bounced all the way to the right board

If I'm pinning a goal on Crow, is the first, maybe he should have moved to the left since there were already three bodies blocking the short side

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Shaking up the top six is really, really overdue. They are completely stagnant. Bickell needs to be benched. Even Versteeg is an improvement over him at this point. Fucking fat ass loser that he is.

Hawks completely unprepared to play. Worst period of the season, hands down. And in the WCF of all places. Time to do some soul searching in the dressing room and come out to play in the second.

You have to change up the lines this period. Fourth line looks good, third line is hardly playing. Top two lines are garbage. It is time for Toews and Kane to be put back together.

I love it when Q does what I say he should do, and the Hawks win because of it. Sure glad Q is active on the forums.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I have you on ignore, so I'm not sure why you continue to reply to me.