Joe Montana 16

AussieBear

the art of almost.

a once up and coming thick one with the name to drive dat search.. her name siri...

QOpmviE.gif

15241544.gif

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
All I see are more canned animations.

:facepalm:

But one can only hope. Unreal Engine tho... so it could be cross PC platform as well, along with being highly hackable! :)

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, any football game that relies on ~1-3 second animations is doomed to fail. Hope this game doesn't go that route

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
Is this game going to have actual NFL teams? I thought only Madden had the rights to the NFL?

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Is this game going to have actual NFL teams? I thought only Madden had the rights to the NFL?

Correct, only EA has NFL rights. So no NFL teams in this game.

AussieBear

Correct, only EA has NFL rights. So no NFL teams in this game.

well the sim community is unclear on this.. apparently there might be a first party loophole. so if microsoft were to publish it they may get the full license.

AussieBear

All I see are more canned animations.

:facepalm:

But one can only hope. Unreal Engine tho... so it could be cross PC platform as well, along with being highly hackable! :)

its been confirmed for the pc.. i cant wait to see the mods.. prior to going out and wasting money on madden 25 i still had 08 on the pc with that years roster and uniform updates.

youll probablly see a ncaa mod for sure.. if its not fully licensed the nfl mod will be a no brainer.

AussieBear

Unreal Engine tho...

yeah combine that with the rumored modified natural motion core (backbreaker) and some nfl 2k5 theory.. they may have something.

i cant wait for e3

[video=youtube;8Jfl3OFwr_0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jfl3OFwr_0[/video]

AussieBear

it will support oculus rift too.. so talk about real QB vision ..

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

That was the biggest fuck up in Madden. Once they lost competition, all they've improved was stupid bullshit that had nothing to do with the actual gameplay. Just no incentive. And dumb asses still buy that shit in droves. I used to be a hardcore Madden gamer. Once the game went completely arcade, I just stopped giving them my money.

Aso

Liked Posts:
well the sim community is unclear on this.. apparently there might be a first party loophole. so if microsoft were to publish it they may get the full license.

This did come from a random user on the internet with zero credibility and has since been debunked. I think it's fair to disregard any idea that this will be an XB1 exclusive as well as I don't think they want to cut out a large portion of potential sales for a game that won't be selling a ton of games anyway.

I'm hoping they get customization and a franchise/league format down correct. I think these have gotta be the most important things outside of gameplay. Things that APF 2K8 failed terribly at.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
That was the biggest fuck up in Madden. Once they lost competition, all they've improved was stupid bullshit that had nothing to do with the actual gameplay. Just no incentive. And dumb asses still buy that shit in droves. I used to be a hardcore Madden gamer. Once the game went completely arcade, I just stopped giving them my money.

I hear ya. The last madden game I was hardcore into was the one with Brett Favre on the cover. Its been all downhill since then. I haven't bought it the past few years and really have no interest in doing so other than I want a NFL game to play.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought EA had a 10 year contract which would be up this year though

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The biggest fuckup by madden is being owned by EA. And going into a fucking Special person 1 year dev cycle where every fifth year, you are buying a beta and the next 4 years you buy patches, all at full retail price. And then it starts all over again with a piece of shit beta on year 6.

Its such and insane massive scam to sell a full retail game every year. There is NO other part of the gaming industry where that is acceptable.

If EA had the consumer or releasing a quality game as even a tiny part of their consideration, the Madden would be on a 4-5 year dev cycle like every non-sports game. They would patch the game to fix flaws without charging $60. And they would sell roster updates at fucking regular DLC prices.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Online gaming killed Madden

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Online gaming killed Madden

EA refusing to embrace online gaming killed madden.

Imagine what a football game could be if madden was a football sim, but ALSO a LEAGUE HOST. A system for hosting leagues with full GM toolsets for managing leagues? It would be fucking amazing.

On PC, people built those systems themselves and they were fucking amazing. Managing leagues and even individual teams was clunky and kind of annoying, but people still did it cause it was so fucking fun and people played madden 08 on PC for 5-6 years rabidly.

But EA couldn't handle that the game had left their control and taken on a life of its own where people could make custom rosters and leagues and didn't have to buy a full retail game every year so they killed madden pc. And then they gimped the season/league modes on console. Fucking cocksuckers make me so mad how they ruined on of my fav games of all time.

I mean just fucking imagine a game where they create and master the physics and gamplay. And then just leave it the fuck alone. And then they focus their resources on hosting leagues where GMs can customize as much or as little as they wanted. Could be amazing.

Shit, in the 08 PC leagues I was in, they were all different. All had custom rules. One league reset every 5 seasons (a season took about 3 months with 2 scheduled games per week) and started over with a fantasy draft where you were picking from every player in the nfl. Oh and drafts. Yeah, GMs made custom drafts with real players based on combine results. In one league, if you made the conference championship, you got to name a player on your team after yourself and customize his appearance. Oh and trades. You could trade any player with anyone as long as you both agreed. It was fucking great. So damn sad what EA did.

AussieBear

joe montana 16 is a mobile game.. wtf. well there goes that hope of having a second football game..

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
only way we will ever get a real football game is if its a passion project by a company.