Crawford

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
We're gonna pin goals surrendered on a 2-on-1 on Crawford now? Is this for real?

I'm not pinning anything on him, just saying that the "zero chance, nothing he could have done" hyperbole is tired. He made some great saves last night - if he missed any of those, people would have said he had no chance. Can't be both.

And I'll bet he's the first to admit he can't give up rebounds like that.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I'm not pinning anything on him, just saying that the "zero chance, nothing he could have done" hyperbole is tired. He made some great saves last night - if he missed any of those, people would have said he had no chance. Can't be both.

And I'll bet he's the first to admit he can't give up rebounds like that.

Man, I've got a hard time pointing any blame at Crawford for the rebound he surrendered on a 2-on-1 when it took a damn good save just to keep that puck out of the net.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Man, I've got a hard time pointing any blame at Crawford for the rebound he surrendered on a 2-on-1 when it took a damn good save just to keep that puck out of the net.
Bingo. It looked to me that Crawford was running himself haggard the whole game just trying to keep up with the gong show taking place in front of him.

The lost is not on Crawford. At all. If you're looking for who to blame for the loss, Look at Bickell, Timmo, Runblad, Kruger, Dejardins, Shaw, Sharp, Vermette, Oduya, Hjammer, Kane, Rickards, Keith, Hossa, Saad, and to a lesser extent Seabrook, T², and Toews.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Literally the person I'd say biggest faults for each goal, 1 Kimo, 2 Cumiskey, 3 MAYBE Crawford otherwise idk Kruger for losing the draw, 4.. i forget who was on the ice there.. and 5 Bickell.

There was plenty of contributions around but several of those letdown moments and goal opportunities was the bottom preforming talent of this playoffs getting caught.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crowford

Literally the person I'd say biggest faults for each goal, 1 Kimo, 2 Cumiskey, 3 MAYBE Crawford otherwise idk Kruger for losing the draw, 4.. i forget who was on the ice there.. and 5 Bickell.

There was plenty of contributions around but several of those letdown moments and goal opportunities was the bottom preforming talent of this playoffs getting caught.

I'd put 4 on Kimo too.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Period 3 game 4, period 1 last night.

I realize the entire team played like shit, but that's when playoff caliber goalies need to keep their team in it:

750x422

The same can be said about the Ducks surrendering 2 goals in less than a minute last night. They had a comfy 4-2 lead and blew it.
The Hawks failed because #29 failed to get the puck in deep to allow the long change to happen, yet he isn't responsible for the overall outcome.
The inability to forecheck and the resulting 3 SOG was telling in the first period. That took a 180 when the Ducks shit the bed in the 2nd period.

I know fans want a dog to blame, but it's difficult to pinpoint one individual in a game filled with errors.
It should be revealing on how great this team is to even get last night to overtime with a chance to come home with a 3-2 series lead.

I still think game 3 will be glaring if the Hawks end up losing this series with 80 and 86 up in the press box for that tilt.

Hawks4life88

Liked Posts:
Anderson was awful last game. We just need to keep sending pucks around his feet

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

Hard to blame Kimmo or Cumiskey on 1 and 2. Kane left his Dman completely wide open on the first goal and Fowler was able to walk in and take the shot he wanted. If Kane was in position on that one, it wouldn't have happened. On goal 2, Cumiskey put it on a forwards tape (I believe Saad) who committed the blueline turnover. Same goes with goal 4, when Sharp committed the blueline turnover in his own zone.

Hawks4life88

Liked Posts:
Hard to blame Kimmo or Cumiskey on 1 and 2. Kane left his Dman completely wide open on the first goal and Fowler was able to walk in and take the shot he wanted. If Kane was in position on that one, it wouldn't have happened. On goal 2, Cumiskey put it on a forwards tape (I believe Saad) who committed the blueline turnover. Same goes with goal 4, when Sharp committed the blueline turnover in his own zone.

Kane coasted on the GW goal, if he skated hard he could have cleared the puck off the rebound.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Anderson was awful last game. We just need to keep sending pucks around his feet

He's certainly not the impenetrable wall he was in Games 2 and 3. Another reason why I'm not sleeping on this series.

Also, welcome aboard!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Blaming Crawford just shows a complete lack of knowledge of hockey, the goalie position, and everything that shows it.

I like that when the Blackhawks score a great goal that is a snipe, goes in off the post, etc...it is a great shot and the Blackhawks player is the hero. Same scenario against Crawford and then it is his fault.

First goal he was screened and it was an absolutely perfect shot, another 1/2" over and it hits the post and probably stays out. Second goal was a dirty tip in the high slot and goes in 99% of the time. Third goal was a double screen.

Blame Crawford all you want on nights where he deserves it...but last night wasn't close to one of those.

How is the view from your Ivory Tower?

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
He kept it from being 5-0 after one. Did you forget this save happened?

He still didn't answer your question.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

Kane left his Dman completely wide open because Kimmo got rocked in the boards trying to throw a hit but falling and Richards tried to help pinching down into the boards, and the team left Sekac around center ice wide open so Kane had to cheat protecting the far more dangerous open target. If Kane left his position, the there would have been a quality chance from the slot.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Kane left his Dman completely wide open because Kimmo got rocked in the boards trying to throw a hit but falling and Richards tried to help pinching down into the boards, and the team left Sekac around center ice wide open so Kane had to cheat protecting the far more dangerous open target. If Kane left his position, the there would have been a quality chance from the slot.

Kane was below the hashmarks when Kimmo got hit. He was already out of position. Sure, Kimmo getting bounced off the puck didn't help, but Kane was out of position to begin with and the Ducks took advantage.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We're gonna pin goals surrendered on a 2-on-1 on Crawford now? Is this for real?

I was arguing with fisch earlier this year because he was blaming Crow for a fucking 2 on 0 goal....

People will blame anything on the goalie....

Hawks4life88

Liked Posts:
I was arguing with fisch earlier this year because he was blaming Crow for a fucking 2 on 0 goal....

People will blame anything on the goalie....

Agreed, that was not Craws fault at all in OT. He stopped the inital breakaway, thats pretty much all you can ask from him.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
OK, I feel the need to reiterate, because people are just regurgitating the same straw man argument.

I am NOT blaming that loss on Crawford. Just would have been nice if he could have bailed them out with saves he's made before. I mean, you can't say "he had no chance on that one" when he's fucking saved similar ones before.

Jesus, that is all.

Hawks4life88

Liked Posts:
OK, I feel the need to reiterate, because people are just regurgitating the same straw man argument.

I am NOT blaming that loss on Crawford. Just would have been nice if he could have bailed them out with saves he's made before. I mean, you can't say "he had no chance on that one" when he's fucking saved similar ones before.

Jesus, that is all.

He did save it, watch the replay again and you will see Kane slow down and coast. If he skates hard he gets the rebound easily and the game continues..

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
He did save it, watch the replay again and you will see Kane slow down and coast. If he skates hard he gets the rebound easily and the game continues..

That was mostly referring to the 3rd. On the fifth, you never want to rebound there, but yeah, he did save the initial one.