Crawford

Hawks4life88

Liked Posts:
That was mostly referring to the 3rd. On the fifth, you never want to rebound there, but yeah, he did save the initial one.

The 3rd one was saveable but he made two great saves prior to letting that one in; they dominated the puck the entire period. The defense cant be that bad, they have to help him

TCD

Liked Posts:
Not a goalies series. Both guys on each team are fighting pucks here and there or making big saves when they need to. Welcome to two highly intense and offensive teams. Just be happy that in the two long overtimes this series Crawford has outplayed Andersen. Putting a lot of pressure on goalies taking them to overtime games in a conference final. Both Andersen and Crawford can blame themselves for a very small portion of that as neither have been outstanding at holding leads but neither have been getting much help either. This series has been crazy ass. I have never seen leads in games go down the toilet like in this series. Thats a mind fuck for goalies.

Hell ill go as ar as to say these nhl playoffs overall this year really havent been one for goalies. A few goalies have won games here and there but none are having dominating playoffs. Bishop and lundqvist out east havent been stealing that series either. BGITW stats may be fun but those stats are bouncing around a lot.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
The same can be said about the Ducks surrendering 2 goals in less than a minute last night. They had a comfy 4-2 lead and blew it.
The Hawks failed because #29 failed to get the puck in deep to allow the long change to happen, yet he isn't responsible for the overall outcome.
The inability to forecheck and the resulting 3 SOG was telling in the first period. That took a 180 when the Ducks shit the bed in the 2nd period.

I know fans want a dog to blame, but it's difficult to pinpoint one individual in a game filled with errors.
It should be revealing on how great this team is to even get last night to overtime with a chance to come home with a 3-2 series lead.

I still think game 3 will be glaring if the Hawks end up losing this series with 80 and 86 up in the press box for that tilt.

When we lost to LA last year, I blamed mistakes...little things not being done.

And here we are again, in much the same predicament.

Good opponents bring out every weakness.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sure Royy, Hasik, Belfore, Brodour, Hextahl etc... never had a below average series.

Oh maybe they did a handful of times in their career and that's why their names are misspelled.

Hawks4life88

Liked Posts:
Not a goalies series. Both guys on each team are fighting pucks here and there or making big saves when they need to. Welcome to two highly intense and offensive teams. Just be happy that in the two long overtimes this series Crawford has outplayed Andersen. Putting a lot of pressure on goalies taking them to overtime games in a conference final. Both Andersen and Crawford can blame themselves for a very small portion of that as neither have been outstanding at holding leads but neither have been getting much help either. This series has been crazy ass. I have never seen leads in games go down the toilet like in this series. Thats a mind fuck for goalies.

agree no lead is safe, Craw has been lights out in OT; esp in the 3 OT game where he bailed the hawks out time after time.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
When we lost to LA last year, I blamed mistakes...little things not being done.

And here we are again, in much the same predicament.

Good opponents bring out every weakness.

Screen-Shot-2014-06-02-at-1.29.36-PM.png

Especially in the refs.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was arguing with fisch earlier this year because he was blaming Crow for a fucking 2 on 0 goal....

People will blame anything on the goalie....
It's an oldfashioned mindset that IMHO, has gone the way with "ZOMGYOUCANNOTTEACHSIZEBBQ!!!!"

My mindset is every time the goalie has to make an unreal save to bail the team out (Which both Crawford and Darling have had to do all playoffs long), somewhere along the like the team D either got beat or fucked up--and the distinction betwen those goes to the pedigree of the guys on the ice.

Against a good team like the Ducks, some of the lower lines are going to get beat. It happens The problem is when the superstars--like Toews, Kane, Keith, Hossa, Seabrook, and Sharp--and to a lesser extent Saad, Hjammer, Oduya, Richards, and Bickell get beat--because with their level that means they fucked up--and much like games 1, 2, 5, and the 1st period of game 6 against Nashville, they were fucking up all night--especially in the 1st.

When you're expecting Crawford (or Darling) to bail out guys like Toews, Hossa, and Keith, you've got problems with your team D--not your netminder.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
It's an oldfashioned mindset that IMHO, has gone the way with "ZOMGYOUCANNOTTEACHSIZEBBQ!!!!"

My mindset is every time the goalie has to make an unreal save to bail the team out (Which both Crawford and Darling have had to do all playoffs long), somewhere along the like the team D either got beat or fucked up--and the distinction betwen those goes to the pedigree of the guys on the ice.

Against a good team like the Ducks, some of the lower lines are going to get beat. It happens The problem is when the superstars--like Toews, Kane, Keith, Hossa, Seabrook, and Sharp--and to a lesser extent Saad, Hjammer, Oduya, Richards, and Bickell get beat--because with their level that means they fucked up--and much like games 1, 2, 5, and the 1st period of game 6 against Nashville, they were fucking up all night--especially in the 1st.

When you're expecting Crawford (or Darling) to bail out guys like Toews, Hossa, and Keith, you've got problems with your team D--not your netminder.

Except Crawford is paid like a star, just like those guys. So he should have the same expectations they have. Mistakes are a part of hockey. That's why you, supposedly, play a guy big bucks back there. To bail out more mistakes than the next guy.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Except Crawford is paid like a star, just like those guys. So he should have the same expectations they have. Mistakes are a part of hockey. That's why you, supposedly, play a guy big bucks back there. To bail out more mistakes than the next guy.
Crawford bailing out someone like Shaw or Kruger, sure. Crawford Bailing out Toews, Keith, or Hossa? I think not with their pedigree and paycheck.

Besides, Crawford did bail them out plenty in game 5, IMHO beyond the point of covering for their mistakes and more like, "Who let Arkhipov and Quint back on the ice?" ...at least behind the redline.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
Crawford bailing out someone like Shaw or Kruger, sure. Crawford Bailing out Toews, Keith, or Hossa? I think not with their pedigree and paycheck.

Hank bailed out the Rangers in the first period last night. Out shot 16-7, amazing high quality chance after high quality chance.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:

Well, that's kind of where I am with him. If he needs 22-25 mostly non-screened shots to post great numbers, I'd rather go with Darling and bolster the D with the saved money.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
...and King Henrik also makes how much more than Dr. Craw? Crawford is a good goalie, Lundqvuist is elite. There is a difference. If Crawford could make the stops that Lundqvist could, he'd be making 8.5M too (and the malcontent 'hawks fans would still be bitching and moaning about him). He doesn't. He makes 6m--along the same lines as Ryan Miller and Crawford's numbers and hardware are right in line with Miller's--if not better.

The Ducks could have blown the fuck out of the 'hawks in the 1st period alone--muchy less the rest of the game. Could Darling have done better? Who knows. The point is that Crawford should not have been put in that position in the first place. Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabs, Hossa, and Sharp are paid to *not* need a netminder to bail them out on a regular basis--much less for a period straight. If 4 future HoF'ers, as well as 2 all-stars (not to mention a lot of olympians in depth) need the netminder to perfom like a cinderblock wall, then why are we paying them so much?

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
...and King Henrik also makes how much more than Dr. Craw? Crawford is a good goalie, Lundqvuist is elite. There is a difference. If Crawford could make the stops that Lundqvist could, he'd be making 8.5M too (and the malcontent 'hawks fans would still be bitching and moaning about him). He doesn't. He makes 6m--along the same lines as Ryan Miller and Crawford's numbers and hardware are right in line with Miller's--if not better.

The Ducks could have blown the fuck out of the 'hawks in the 1st period alone--muchy less the rest of the game. Could Darling have done better? Who knows. The point is that Crawford should not have been put in that position in the first place. Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabs, Hossa, and Sharp are paid to *not* need a netminder to bail them out on a regular basis--much less for a period straight. If 4 future HoF'ers, as well as 2 all-stars (not to mention a lot of olympians in depth) need the netminder to perfom like a cinderblock wall, then why are we paying them so much?

Not even worth your breath comparing King Henrik and Crawford.

Crawford is above average and Hank is the BGITW. AINEC.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Q MF-ing T

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:

Why are they playing like shit?.

Were many wrong in assuming overconfidence would not be an issue, or is Anaheim really this good?.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why are they playing like shit?.

Were many wrong in assuming overconfidence would not be an issue, or is Anaheim really this good?.
I can't give a definite answer. Gassed? Maybe. Is Anaheim good? You don't get to the WCF without being damned good. The problem as I see it is the same as it was for a long time--poor decision making and failures in execution--as well as a Wile E. Coyote like psychopathology to engage in Excercizes in Futility as opposed to adaptation--but that's more on the coach.

Any way you slice it the 'hawks have to be not just better, but smarter. They need to get their foot on the throat of the ducks as quickly as possible, and don't let up. Everyone from the net on up is going to have to crank it up a notch. By now they should know the Ducks tendencies. The ducks have been exploiting ours, and it's high time we start exploiting theirs.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Q should bench Crawford tonight. Need to send a message to the team that soft goals and anger problems won't be tolerated in an elimination game.

Give the nod to Darling tonight and have Crawford come back with fresh legs and a fresh new mask for game 7.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Q should bench Crawford tonight. Need to send a message to the team that soft goals and anger problems won't be tolerated in an elimination game.

Give the nod to Darling tonight and have Crawford come back with fresh legs and a fresh new mask for game 7.
I think Q should bench everyone tonight. Need to send a message to the team that poor play won't be tolerated in an elimination game.

Have everyone come back with fresh legs for game 7.

#calledit

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Hank bailed out the Rangers in the first period last night. Out shot 16-7, amazing high quality chance after high quality chance.

Well, that's kind of where I am with him. If he needs 22-25 mostly non-screened shots to post great numbers, I'd rather go with Darling and bolster the D with the saved money.

Lundqvist also has a 3.16GAA and .900 SV% in the ECF

But let's all bitch at Crawfords 2.53GAA and .917 SV% in the WCF

Adun

Liked Posts:

Thankfully that slash while Getzlaf was shooting didn't end up like this (first 45 secs can be skiped)

[video=youtube;M_yIFDXmzrs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_yIFDXmzrs[/video]