CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kenny Albert:

kenny_a_320x333.jpg

Joe Micheletti:

064_joe_micheletti-300x300.jpg

Brian Engblom:

bengoto.jpg

I cannot stand these guys doing the broadcasts... Kenny Albert I can deal with doing play-by-play as long as I don't have to look at him on camera, he does a decent enough job.

But when it comes to the color commentary and discussion they have about the game.... its like 2 meatball hockey fans were handed mics and told to go talk about stuffzzz.

And to be clear, this is not about them fapping to the Ducks last night..... they fap to the team that is winning, it can be annoying but the Ducks were playing well for much of the game.

All of their discussion sounds like meatball drool to me.... Ermagherd da BOARD BATTLEZZZZ AND DA KANERZZZZ AND DA TAZERSZZZ AND DA DUCKSZZZZZ WIT DA GETZLAFSZZZZZZ. Once in a while they have a good nugget of conversation but otherwise they drown you in a sea of meatball gravysauce.

At least Doc and Edzo can drown out Pierre and have some decent convo.... Edzo tends to break things down and talk hockey without coming off as a total meatball and he will be critical of players and talk about who isn't performing rather than just mouth-fapping to whomever happens to be playing well.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, they suck.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Do you dislike their call of the game for the same reason I do or something else?
Pretty much. I don't mind Kenny Albert's voice... I don't mind him in football either...But the rest of the team just makes me want to turn it off.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
They make Dave Strader look like a quality objective broadcaster in my view

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pretty much. I don't mind Kenny Albert's voice... I don't mind him in football either...But the rest of the team just makes me want to turn it off.

Same here.... Kenny Albert doing play-by-play is better than Dave Strader.... he has some enthusiasm and excitement to his calls but he lets the other 2 dorks drown the broadcast in fucktardery.

Adun

Liked Posts:
I have Gamecenter and the Canadian broadcast is much better. The problem is the frame rate seems to be out of whack most of the time, I think when it's on CBC, where all games are right now. There's also too much compression, looks like when I used to have cable

So I have to choose between great picture or decent commentary (last night the guy called Teuvo Timonen a few times). I usually start with America, then when I have enough of "Anaheim's physicality" I switch to Canada

For in studio coverage I go Canada and flip to NBC when they have commercials

PS When the game is on NBC, I use that because I can get it over the air and the gamecenter stream is delayed like two minutes

PPS When they have the A team I go NBC

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They make Dave Strader look like a quality objective broadcaster in my view

Strader is boring at calling the games and highly biased when he comments on the game.... Kenny at least does his job and mostly shuts the hell up, unfortunately the voices filling in the gap fill it with drool.

Adun

Liked Posts:
Same here.... Kenny Albert doing play-by-play is better than Dave Strader.... he has some enthusiasm and excitement to his calls but he lets the other 2 dorks drown the broadcast in fucktardery.

When the broadcast starts and Kenny says "The Stanley Cup Playoffs on NBC" he sounds like a Special person, otherwise I feel the same

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
DA GETZLAFSZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!! :kermit:

Adun

Liked Posts:
Engblom sounds out of place. Like he's a commentator in a video game

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If the NBC prime time team of Doc/Edzo are not gonna do a game they should just allow the local broadcast folks to do it.... then at least you get the comfort of your home town homers covering the game if its not Doc/Edzo.

I think 99% of hockey fans would agree their local guys > NBC B team and not just because the local guys support their team.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they are outstanding. Not sure where all the hate is coming from.

Would like to see any of you call a game.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think 99% of hockey fans would agree their local guys > NBC B team and not just because the local guys support their team.
So...roughly half of fans?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think they are outstanding. Not sure where all the hate is coming from.

Would like to see any of you call a game.

Bad troll..... bad!

howcho

Liked Posts:
As Dan McNeil used to call him, 'The high functioning Kenny Albert'

supraman

Liked Posts:
Kenny Albert is a football guy, he sounds like a football guy, he does not sound like a hockey guy and when he does hockey he annoys the fuck out of me. Engblom is fine but the other two are just god fucking awful

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't care much for any of them, the color guy (I don't care to even know his name) is the most offensive to me.... maybe in all sports.

Last edited: