How would you get Patrick Kane going?

Hawks4life88

Liked Posts:
He's been really good at home, scored a goal in each game. Also hit the cross bar for the game tier at the end of regulation in game 3

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Scratch him, or send him to the 4th line. Get some fresh legs out there while also lighting a fire under his disappointing ass.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Put a bunch of hot 20 yr old babes with cleavage in the first 2 rows behind the net.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Take Bickell away from him. He's slowing Kane down worse than Handzus did last season. Bickell has to be on the 4th line or benched. I'd prefer you just bench him and get someone else in the lineup. Saad/Toews/Kane, Sharp/Vermette/TT, Anyone/Richards/Hossa, Desjardins/Kruger/Shaw.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bickell sits, move Shaw up and put Carbomb or Steeg with Kruger and Desjardins.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Kane has had no time and space. Haven't seen him pull up after entering the zone or walking the blueline much at all. Reason is because the Ducks are doing a very good job at not letting him get a chance.

Have to give him linemates that can help generate that time and space. That could be by putting a banger with him or it could be by putting another star with him that the Ducks also have to respect.

Kane needs to get going though. His body language and effort are lacking because he appears to be frustrated. Need to rise above it and play one hell of a game 6.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Hard to rip on Kane who has been having a strong playoffs considering his situation when they started and who he plays with...so im not going to do it. Home ice is good for Kane so i expect him to raise up again in game 6. Only issue i ever have with kane is the one part his game which we all know is the flaw and thats his defensive positioning sometimes. We saw it last night but he was certainly not the only one. The trade off is usually fair so no need to complain.

Kane will find away as he typically does while demanding the puck and putting the weight on his own shoulders.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As much as I like the Vermette line, just because one line is producing doesn't mean it's our best configuration. Tuevo repeatedly sets up Sharp on breakaways but that's not all sharp should be doing and he has failed too much. saad on the other hand has been finishing when left in space. I might go back to the dominant Sharp Toews Hossa first line pairing of the past to get Hossa going who has been in the deepest funk of anyone. This allows for a tuevo Vermette kane second line to see what they can do, I liked what I saw of tuevo Kane briefly and think because of Tera's propensity to pass it could apply pressure, and get some extra face offs won for kaners line. That leaves Bickell Richards saad to make the most of what they can. They deserve demotion, and Bickell who I defend ain't nothing if he ain't hitting and blocking the goalie. Where the hell is he since Nashville? I might even bench his feet for Vermette on 3, and obviously leave 4 alone.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alternative could well be sharp Toews Hosea, Bickell Richards Kane, saad Vermette tuevo because it keeps the most continuity and sets up saad as well as potentially gets line 1 going.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alternative could well be sharp Toews Hosea, Bickell Richards Kane, saad Vermette tuevo because it keeps the most continuity and sets up saad as well as potentially gets line 1 going.

Waiting on that pump up thread.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Let Kaner come over and eat smore's at the Bigfoot house.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
In all seriousness I expect to see Kane and Toews on the same line a lot tonighT.

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
Put him with Toews and dumb fuck. "Bickell" they call him.

Adun

Liked Posts:
I was gonna say put Saad with him and tell Richards to drop in our zone when the Ducks forecheck. They torched the Kings last year with this.

But apparently Q is using the same lines, so just keep him away from Cogliano-Thompson-Palmeri. That's their best checking line, it's the line they saw the most and the possession numbers are not good

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think Q should bench Kaner tonight. Need to send a message to the team that fancy stickwork and no scoring won't be tolerated in an elimination game.

Give the nod to Sharp tonight and have Kaner come back with fresh legs and a fresh new winning attitude for game 7.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I think Q should bench Kaner tonight. Need to send a message to the team that fancy stickwork and no scoring won't be tolerated in an elimination game.

Give the nod to Sharp tonight and have Kaner come back with fresh legs and a fresh new winning attitude for game 7.

Versteeg > Kane

This ain't the Bears forum. You guys can stop now.

Anyway, doesn't appear that Kane's linemates are going to be changed for this one ... at least not for the start. But I have to believe that should the Hawks fall behind, Q's going to reach for his nuclear option of pairing Toews with Kane. I don't think he'll let this team fall without using that option.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
This ain't the Bears forum. You guys can stop now.

Anyway, doesn't appear that Kane's linemates are going to be changed for this one ... at least not for the start. But I have to believe that should the Hawks fall behind, Q's going to reach for his nuclear option of pairing Toews with Kane. I don't think he'll let this team fall without using that option.

I think DMelt should ban HHM/Prope from the Hawks board tonight. Need to send a message to them that fancy posting and hilarious sense of humor won't be tolerated in an elimination game.

Give the nod to The Hawk tonight and have them come back with fresh ideas and a fresh new winning attitude for game 7.