Oduya

TCD

Liked Posts:
Been outstanding covering hammers horrible ass this series

Remember when everyone hated Oduya and wanted him traded at the deadline? Only the very few real fans knew Oduya is a solid playoff blueliner. Grimson, Rex and myself lead that group.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The addition of acquisition and his play as a legit top 4 defenseman has been a vital part of the Hawks ability to reach the conference final in each of the last 3 seasons.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Remember when everyone hated Oduya and wanted him traded at the deadline? Only the very few real fans knew Oduya is a solid playoff blueliner. Grimson, Rex and myself lead that group.

Just don't tell that little manlet, Pez.

Don't break your arms patting yourselves on the back there, guys.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
The addition of acquisition and his play as a legit top 4 defenseman has been a vital part of the Hawks ability to reach the conference final in each of the last 3 seasons.

100% agreed actually. He's never stood out for being great and hasn't been victimized himself with bad play. Great #4 dman.

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I have limited experience with quick thinking fast black swedes...

I don't remember when everyone hated Oduya, I remember when types like JoeHawks ripped Oduya even though the team was largely undefeated in the regular season for about almost a 40 game stretch minus a couple games with him and how he was still unrespected after a cup wining shot on net.

Reactions: TCD

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
100% agreed actually. He's never stood out for being great and hasn't been victimized himself with bad play. Great #4 dman.

Q was once quoted as telling Oduya before a season that if Oduya played top 4 hockey, the Hawks were going to win the Cup. And I'm about 90% sure that happened right before the 2013 season.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

I don't remember when everyone hated Oduya, I remember when types like JoeHawks ripped Oduya even though the team was largely undefeated in the regular season for about almost a 40 game stretch minus a couple games with him and how he was still unrespected after a cup wining shot on net.

Oh, like when he always referred to him as Opoopya? God that was fucking awful.

TCD

Liked Posts:

There have been a lot of fans who constantly rip oduya through a season. He has easily been the scape goat for a lot of fans, often more than Rozi as far as blueliners. I know fans who hated when the Hawks brought him to the club in the first place. Oduya and Hammer may be close to the leagues second best pairing. Thats debatable. Hammers having a rough series by his standards and its nice to have a seasoned vet like Oduya to cover him a bit here and there. They know each other well. I figure if the Hawks get out of game 7 that paring will dominate the cup final and Hammer will return to the form we know he can play at.

For a team playing short of blueliners im pretty impressed how keith, seabs, oduya and hammer overall have been playing. Dont blame hammer for having a rough series its just one of those series that dont go a players way. Wouldnt say he has been horrible but im waiting for him to do a triple puck block to the face.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I knew he was good. I swear I did. His last name is my wife's favorite last name of any hockey player, too (even before he joined the Hawks).

Reactions: TCD

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Q was once quoted as telling Oduya before a season that if Oduya played top 4 hockey, the Hawks were going to win the Cup. And I'm about 90% sure that happened right before the 2013 season.

Hopefully he will be proven right this year too.

TCD

Liked Posts:
I would just like to bump this to say that one arm oduya may be the unsung hero of the stanley cup final. What he accomplished with one good hand against the Bolts was pretty amazing. May i go as far to say that if the conn smyth was based only on the finals that oduyas name would have been in the hat?

But yah another guy that every year half way through the season and before the trade deadline a lot and i mean a lot of hawk fans always rip on and want traded.

He was incredible through the entire playoffs. Yet again!! Hes going to be a casualty to the cap which sucks balls.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Johnny Oduya goes 'Magic Mike' at Stanley Cup celebration (Photos)
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...tanley-cup-celebration--photos-180832326.html
1299996490299093138.jpg

Ton

Liked Posts:
I would just like to bump this to say that one arm oduya may be the unsung hero of the stanley cup final. What he accomplished with one good hand against the Bolts was pretty amazing. May i go as far to say that if the conn smyth was based only on the finals that oduyas name would have been in the hat?

But yah another guy that every year half way through the season and before the trade deadline a lot and i mean a lot of hawk fans always rip on and want traded.

He was incredible through the entire playoffs. Yet again!! Hes going to be a casualty to the cap which sucks balls.

Oduya played the best game I've ever seen him play in Game 6. He was an absolute monster defensively and got the puck up the ice quicker than I've ever seen. ABSOLUTE MONSTER!

Tampa couldn't get anything going when he was on the ice.

It would be great if they can find some way to keep him, but I'm not holding my breath for that. Someone out there, like Tampa, will pony up the cash for him that the Hawks can't match.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On one hand....monster playoffs.
On the other hand, a complete milquetoast regular season.

Depends on how cheap.