FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Usually how the NBA goes.

Anyone remember Jerome James?

Oh the Knicks.

What kind of years-$$$ is Thompson looking at for the max?

James' might seem like a bargain compared to that

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh the Knicks.

Did some searching, Thompson could be eligible for a max deal of around 15-17 million a year.

:aj:

Jerome James big deal was like 5 or 6 years for 30 million total. '

If someone pays Thompson 15-17 million a season...............

Holy shit.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oh the Knicks.

My point was more so in 4 playoff games or whatever it was.. Jerome James went from nobody to a big contract.. Then proceeded to play like a nobody.

Thompsons done a lot more than James ever did, hence the up in price, also factor in NBA inflation.

But I think what some teams thinking might be is the max right now, is a cheaper contract in 2 years with the next cap numbers setting in.

according to this article:

The most an opposing team could offer Thompson is about four years, $71 million, and that's assuming any team would want to give a somewhat limited role player a max contract.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/tristan-thompson-free-agency-2015-5#ixzz3c7pwwX6S

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My point was more so in 4 playoff games or whatever it was.. Jerome James went from nobody to a big contract.. Then proceeded to play like a nobody.

Thompsons done a lot more than James ever did, hence the up in price, also factor in NBA inflation.

But I think what some teams thinking might be is the max right now, is a cheaper contract in 2 years with the next cap numbers setting in.

according to this article:

I got what I meant I was more referencing that for as much as a shit deal the James one was the Thompson one could be laughable to epic proportions. 4 years 71 million for Thompson tho..... El. Oh. El.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I got what I meant I was more referencing that for as much as a shit deal the James one was the Thompson one could be laughable to epic proportions. 4 years 71 million for Thompson tho..... El. Oh. El.
Yeah, and I think GM LeBron wants everyone back, and if that's so and Gilbert doesn't care, Cleveland could have the highest team payroll in NBA history.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, and I think GM LeBron wants everyone back, and if that's so and Gilbert doesn't care, Cleveland could have the highest team payroll in NBA history.

If Cleveland somehow wins the Finals you'd think Gilbert would do anything and everything. NBA Championship>>>Luxury tax

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If Cleveland somehow wins the Finals you'd think Gilbert would do anything and everything. NBA Championship>>>Luxury tax
I think even if they didnt win, he'd still be willing to do anything and everything given how easy it is to win the East right now.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think even if they didnt win, he'd still be willing to do anything and everything given how easy it is to win the East right now.

True.

Unless some MAJOR moves happen next year in the East the Cavs should sleep walk into the Finals again

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
True.

Unless some MAJOR moves happen next year in the East the Cavs should sleep walk into the Finals again

Breaking news: LeBron James dead at 30.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Yeah right, brah. Dolan is going to give Phil carte blanche to literally sign everyone to max deals. I can seriously see them offering Kahwi Leonard, DeAndre Jordan and Goran Dragic all max dollars. I feel like, ultimately, Kahwi will stay in San Antonio and Dragic has said multiple times he wants to stay in Miami (you know, since he forced a trade there...), but there's something "not right" with the Clippers. Jordan and Blake just can't be out there at the same time in crunch time and people are going to look at his ballooned defensive metrics, get huge boners and offer him max money.

And it's the Knicks, so they have to fuck it up, offer some off-the-wall guys max or near-max money, and pair some horrible cluster fuck of has-beens and never-have-beens with Carmelo's grandpa knees which all but negates their chances of doing anything for the next few years -- unless whoever they draft at #4 turns into a superstar within three years.

EDIT: Go ahead and throw Greg Monroe on that list since he'll be an UFA.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
It's amazingly stupid to me Tristan Thompson has become a max player in the last month

Crazy how being able to get 4 offensive rebounds a game and play a little defense makes you worthy of a max contract. Bet Rodman wishes he was playing in today's game.

For whatever it's worth, Jalen Rose seems to think that the Bulls are going to get Wes Matthews. He's said it multiple times on grant land. Not that it will happen but I did find it interesting. Would be a nice pickup at the price we'd be able to pay him.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i'd love Matthews if he didn't tear his achilles

i don't think one player has been able to bounce back from that and i still think he'll be looking to get payed so im not really interested...if we go for a Blazer i think Batum would be a great fit

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i'd love Matthews if he never tore his achilles....i don't think one player has been able to bounce back from that
Dominique did, but obviously no one has such expectations. History is definitely not on his side. http://www.cbssports.com/nba/fantas...095586/history-not-kind-for-ruptured-achilles

i still think he'll be looking to get payed so im not really interested...if we go for a Blazer i think Batum would be a great fit
He can try to get paid, but that injury will severely reduce his value. Batum could be good, but he's never struck me as particularly good in Portland to begin with. It always seems like he should be better...

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
yeah Batum is not the greatest but hes pretty versatile and does a little bit of everything...good 3rd/4th option which is all we need....he also can play the 3 so Jimmy can stay put at the 2 where he excels

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah Batum is not the greatest but hes pretty versatile and does a little bit of everything...good 3rd/4th option which is all we need....hes also can play the 3 so Jimmy can stay put at the 2 where he excels
Not saying he wouldn't be a good fit, just that he's never really impressed me is all.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Lance to Clips
Barnes/Hawes to Hornets