Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Smith will make $1.5M from the Clippers this season, and will also get a reported $5.4M annually through 2020 from Detroit -- but wants more: "At the end of the day I do have a family. So it is going to be a little harder on me this year. But I'm going to push through it and try to do something long term after this year."

:obama:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Smith will make $1.5M from the Clippers this season, and will also get a reported $5.4M annually through 2020 from Detroit -- but wants more: "At the end of the day I do have a family. So it is going to be a little harder on me this year. But I'm going to push through it and try to do something long term after this year."

:obama:
I read somewhere that that quote is taken out of context. It's supposed to mean something like his family isn't moving to LA with him so his next contract he's going to look for somewhere to stay for longer in order to provide more stability for his family. Whatever it is, he's not Latrell Spreewell

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I read somewhere that that quote is taken out of context. It's supposed to mean something like his family isn't moving to LA with him so his next contract he's going to look for somewhere to stay for longer in order to provide more stability for his family. Whatever it is, he's not Latrell Spreewell

that makes sense

i wouldn't want to keep changing teams every year either

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah that actually does make sense.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That sucks especially for a player on the come up, but in the off-season at that.

Their other SG is injury prone as well. I couldn't keep him in fantasy he kept tearing his shoulder.

Thompson likely to exit Cleveland unless they want a 300 million dollar roster. ahahahahaahahaha.

Would we be allowed to sign him? That would allow us to trade Noah and/or Gibson as well as weaken Cavs just a bit. It would cost the Bulls a pretty penny, keep dreaming I guess but we could use it to stockpile future assets in the coming years as we trade away Dunleavy/Noah/Gibson, and god willing collect on that Kings pick.

Come on Karl.....make some magic.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Their other SG is injury prone as well. I couldn't keep him in fantasy he kept tearing his shoulder.

Thompson likely to exit Cleveland unless they want a 300 million dollar roster. ahahahahaahahaha.

Would we be allowed to sign him? That would allow us to trade Noah and/or Gibson as well as weaken Cavs just a bit. It would cost the Bulls a pretty penny, keep dreaming I guess but we could use it to stockpile future assets in the coming years as we trade away Dunleavy/Noah/Gibson, and god willing collect on that Kings pick.

Come on Karl.....make some magic.

Thompson is an RFA.. he's not going anywhere.. No other team has even thrown at offer at Thompson. What is likely going to happen is Thompson will have to accept a smaller longer term deal from Cleveland, or take the qualifying offer and then sign next season (which Cleveland would prefer with the big salary cap bump next season).

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Thompson is looking for a max deal...I wouldn't give him that even though I really like him as a player.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Kyrie likely out until January. Idk what his high school injury history is but since graduating high school he hasn't had a single healthy season. Phenomenal talent but you will never be able to rely on him. Derrick Rose takes a lot of shit but Kyrie might as well be the definition of injury prone.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Kyrie likely out until January. Idk what his high school injury history is but since graduating high school he hasn't had a single healthy season. Phenomenal talent but you will never be able to rely on him. Derrick Rose takes a lot of shit but Kyrie might as well be the definition of injury prone.
He had his most healthy season last year playing 75 games and not being forced out until the Finals, though he suffered that initial injury against the Bulls in the 2nd round.

Yeah he doesn't have a good history. Kevin Love doesn't either. Again, I don't know why LeBron wanted Kevin Love so badly.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
He had his most healthy season last year playing 75 games and not being forced out until the Finals, though he suffered that initial injury against the Bulls in the 2nd round.

Yeah he doesn't have a good history. Kevin Love doesn't either. Again, I don't know why LeBron wanted Kevin Love so badly.

because he thought Love would just stand in the corner for catch and shoot and keep his mouth closed while he dominated the ball....he really shoulda took Wiggins under his wing

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
because he thought Love would just stand in the corner for catch and shoot and keep his mouth closed while he dominated the ball....he really shoulda took Wiggins under his wing

No way, Wiggins would challenge Lebron as the best player on the team in a couple of years. Lebron don't want that.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

No way, Wiggins would challenge Lebron as the best player on the team in a couple of years. Lebron don't want that.
I more so figured LeBron was impatient and didn't want to wait for Wiggins to develop. He thought Love as more of a sure thing and would help him win a ring right away, rather than have team growing pains like normal teams.