Congrats from an Avs fan.

Liked Posts:
i like the Blackhawks too...still. I haven't soured on the Hawks even two years into being in the same division.

But I just wanted to check in because I see a lot of the angst and complaining while in voyeur mode. Sometimes it's astonishing to me. Q is actually a very good coach but you wouldn't know it by some of the comments. I only say that to segway to my point of, you guys are the envy of the league and don't always seem to appreciate it. Try to smell the flowers from time to time. Enjoy your era of Camelot while you have it.

Just think about this last series. Your big guns delivered in ways beyond what can reasonably be expected. You saw you captain deliver 2 goals in 2 minutes to force an over time and then, again, step up big in game 7.

But even bigger than that you saw your undersized and all world defenseman targeted and physically challenged like never before only to see him endure, thrive, and prevail. I've long said if there's one Hawks player I wish I could take on the Avs, it's Duncan Keith. He's such an amazing player.

Many of you are probably normalized and too use to their excellence that it seems routine and at a point becomes taken for granted. There's no perfect player and no perfect coach. You guys have a wealth of riches right now. Just do me a favor and try to enjoy it. I've lived here for this entire run, and I've seen it as a lot of fun. Don't deny yourself the same enjoyment by only allowing yourself to appreciate it when something happens at Grant Park.

Congratulations guys. Please enjoy it. You owe it to those who envy you. And you owe it to yourselves.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i like the Blackhawks too...still. I haven't soured on the Hawks even two years into being in the same division.

But I just wanted to check in because I see a lot of the angst and complaining while in voyeur mode. Sometimes it's astonishing to me. Q is actually a very good coach but you wouldn't know it by some of the comments. I only say that to segway to my point of, you guys are the envy of the league and don't always seem to appreciate it. Try to smell the flowers from time to time. Enjoy your era of Camelot while you have it.

Just think about this last series. Your big guns delivered in ways beyond what can reasonably be expected. You saw you captain deliver 2 goals in 2 minutes to force an over time and then, again, step up big in game 7.

But even bigger than that you saw your undersized and all world defenseman targeted and physically challenged like never before only to see him endure, thrive, and prevail. I've long said if there's one Hawks player I wish I could take on the Avs, it's Duncan Keith. He's such an amazing player.

Many of you are probably normalized and too so use to their excellence that it seems routine and at a point becomes taken for granted. There's no perfect player and no perfect coach. You guys have a wealth of riches right now. Just do me a favor and try to enjoy it. I've lived here for this entire run, and I've seen it as a lot of fun. Don't deny yourself the same enjoyment by only allowing yourself to appreciate it when something happens at Grant Park.

Congratulations guys. Please enjoy it. You owe it to those who envy you.

:sweep: :sweep: :sweep:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Many of you are probably normalized and too use to their excellence that it seems routine and at a point becomes taken for granted. There's no perfect player and no perfect coach. You guys have a wealth of riches right now. Just do me a favor and try to enjoy it. I've lived here for this entire run, and I've seen it as a lot of fun. Don't deny yourself the same enjoyment by only allowing yourself to appreciate it when something happens at Grant Park.

Congratulations guys. Please enjoy it. You owe it to those who envy you. And you owe it to yourselves.

Cheers!

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some Hawks fans are in for a rude awakening when this team starts to decline in 10-15 years.

Liked Posts:
Some Hawks fans are in for a rude awakening when this team starts to decline in 10-15 years.

Probably more like 5-10 but it's true the Hawks demise is hardly imminent. Two salary dumps and the Hawks are back in business.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Great post sir.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:

3w1ej.gif

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Closest thing to a dynasty Chicago has, and people still bitch and moan incessantly.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
If it happens, it happens. Fact of the matter is, this team won in our lifetimes before, and that's the most important thing. :)

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hawks fucking SUCK. I swear, if they lose to the garbage lightning, I'm done with this team for good. Can't believe they almost lost to the shit show that is Anaheim. :smh:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If it happens, it happens. Fact of the matter is, this team won in our lifetimes before, and that's the most important thing. :)

Is that a subtle jab at Cubs fans?

I realize how greedy this sounds as a sports fan, but I may look back on this group with a hint of disappointment is they don't win another Cup or two by the end of this decade. They're just that damn good.

Liked Posts:
To be fair, the deck isn't stacked in the Hawks favor. The way the game is officiated, especially in the playoffs, talent and skating is stifled. The way the NHL is officiated, and especially in the playoffs, it favors teams like Boston and LA. The Hawks have won 2 in spite of this. I love it when the Avs and Hawks play. They're really up tempo, very free flowing games. Not so much with the Kings and Bruins. In the stretch run this season, I saw Duchene get tripped by a King at open ice and the call was completely ignored. LA won the game, which was a farce.

I know the Hawks have this same sort of thing stacked against them when playing these types of teams. Teams like the Kings and Bruins are like the Knicks and Pistons of yesteryear. But the Lightning are more like a younger version of the Blackhawks. Just let them not be Modred.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Suck it Ducks
iCdjE7bVjXN96.gif

Hawks are going for goal

peter-forsberg-1994-o.gif

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that a subtle jab at Cubs fans?

I realize how greedy this sounds as a sports fan, but I may look back on this group with a hint of disappointment is they don't win another Cup or two by the end of this decade. They're just that damn good.

Mentioning the baseball teams isn't allowed. Remember?