Fallout 4

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I may again break my no pre-order rule for this one when it finally drops. Can't wait for more info on the 14th now from their E3 presentation.

[video=youtube;GE2BkLqMef4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4[/video]

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Sweet. Fallout 3 was maybe my favorite game of all time, and I'm not even a RPG guy.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Sweet. Fallout 3 was maybe my favorite game of all time, and I'm not even a RPG guy.
I was talking to my friend who said he hadn't ever played them and i didn't know exactly how to describe it to him. I could say post-apocolyptic RPG but pretty much everything is these days. Something about fallout 3 just clicked for me. it's superb and I basically said it's one of those games that when you sit down time will vanish and all of a sudden the sun is coming up and you still will want to play more. For me the VATS system was so ideal to my gameplaying style and such an interesting novel concept that turned gave Fallout three an almost turn based game feel. It just blends a lot of genres for me.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Agree 100% MH..... Fallout 3 was the first one I played in the series and I loved it.

It is hard to describe why it is so fun..... the VATS system seems weird at first and then it makes the game so much more fun lol.

I am excited to hear about Fallout 4.

Sad fact.... I played through like 75% of Fallout New Vegas twice and both times I lost my saves and never finished.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
So this needs to be Fallout 3 + the gun mechanics of New Vegas.

If they ditch being able to aim your weapon and use it like a normal FPS (like we could in F:NV) and go back to the F3 system and the bullets fly like a wild fire hose, I'll be a little disappointed. That is why I loved New Vegas much more than F3. Let us use our weapons outside of VATS like they're a normal weapon. That's my only wish.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Agree 100% MH..... Fallout 3 was the first one I played in the series and I loved it.

It is hard to describe why it is so fun..... the VATS system seems weird at first and then it makes the game so much more fun lol.

I am excited to hear about Fallout 4.

Sad fact.... I played through like 75% of Fallout New Vegas twice and both times I lost my saves and never finished.
That's my basic experience with NV as well. I played the shit out of it and after a while my save kept breaking down until it was unplayable and load times took forever. Gave up. I think at one point I looked any my save was like 600mb...

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So this needs to be Fallout 3 + the gun mechanics of New Vegas.

If they ditch being able to aim your weapon and use it like a normal FPS (like we could in F:NV) and go back to the F3 system and the bullets fly like a wild fire hose, I'll be a little disappointed. That is why I loved New Vegas much more than F3. Let us use our weapons outside of VATS like they're a normal weapon. That's my only wish.

I mostly used VATS so it doesn't bother me either way, but I do know that they've built a new engine from the ground up for this one, and it's going to be a player moderated game where you finally have a voice so big changes are coming. Hopefully not too big. Seems like they are trying to keep it the same look and feel just make it story driven. I expect it to be just that really, FO3 with a bit of NV flair. Hopefully none of the NV meltdowns...

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's my basic experience with NV as well. I played the shit out of it and after a while my save kept breaking down until it was unplayable and load times took forever. Gave up. I think at one point I looked any my save was like 600mb...

For me.... the first play through I kind of derped it up alot lol and I was playing it on my laptop which failsauced on me.

The second play through I think I got like 75% through and kinda just lost interest and never got back to it... I was playing it on my older gaming desktop and I think I wound up reformatting it.

Both times I remember getting the sniper dude to team up with me and then we went and murdered all the dudes who.... IIRC.... murdered his wife?

Idk I was just happy to have a sniper friend lol.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I mostly used VATS so it doesn't bother me either way, but I do know that they've built a new engine from the ground up for this one, and it's going to be a player moderated game where you finally have a voice so big changes are coming. Hopefully not too big. Seems like they are trying to keep it the same look and feel just make it story driven. I expect it to be just that really, FO3 with a bit of NV flair. Hopefully none of the NV meltdowns...

I think adding a player voice to the game can only add to the immersion of the game.... it got a little bit weird feeling like a fucking mute the whole game lol.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
For me.... the first play through I kind of derped it up alot lol and I was playing it on my laptop which failsauced on me.

The second play through I think I got like 75% through and kinda just lost interest and never got back to it... I was playing it on my older gaming desktop and I think I wound up reformatting it.

Both times I remember getting the sniper dude to team up with me and then we went and murdered all the dudes who.... IIRC.... murdered his wife?

Idk I was just happy to have a sniper friend lol.
I am one of those players which tries do do everythign in one run through, which is super shitty way to play FO because well... it's impossible, things you do shut off other storylines and make them uncompletable, which is another thing that makes it so great and lets you run through it over and over and have a different experience. I think that's why I love it so much you can literally start the game exactly the same way and do the same thing for an hour, but the second you turn right instead of left, everything can change.

I was on PS3, I'm sure it would have been better on PC as the patches did more but I pre-ordered and the day one patch was like 2 gig or something and still completely fucked my game, it just never played right and I swear it screwed up my PS3 hard drive somehow. Never was quite the same till I swapped it out.

Yeah, the sniper dude who was in the dinosaur right? I got him too, loved it. went and slaughtered the group in the mountains that had huts and shit I think. I would play through stuff one way decide if I like it and then go back to my save point and do it over a different way till I liked it. Maybe that's cheating but meh... I don't think I ever actually finished the game because it finally broke down at the end part with Ceasar.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I think adding a player voice to the game can only add to the immersion of the game.... it got a little bit weird feeling like a fucking mute the whole game lol.
I'm not against it either. I think it's going to be great. My only worry is that they force too much story onto you and it limits the free roam play of making your own story up with it. Ron Pearlman is great in the trailer as the radio voice, I hope he's in it more than just the trailer stuff.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Also, for anyone curious, Amazon has the FO3 GOTY version for 14.99 right now. I'm so tempted.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's $11.99 on Steam.

Someone posted the following comment on Steam for the GOTY edition

*Goes to Megaton*
*slaughters entire Megaton populance over spoon theft*
*Blows up Megaton from Tenpenny Tower*
*slaughters tenpenny for ghouls*
*Slaughters ghouls for fun*
*feels bad*
*Gives homeless man 3,542 Bottles of Purified water*
*Becomes Jesus*

10/10 would gift water to become Jesus again

I lol'd :lol:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ima avoid press and spoilers for this like a mofo.

Is there any word whether they have started development? Is this shit like 3 years away?