Lucha Underground

MaryChristine

Hands down the best wrestling show on tv today.
EKbvfuO.gif

tumblr_nm8jgmKmIt1sbzhteo1_400.gif

angelico-dropkick-o.gif

TCD

Liked Posts:
Its def a different show than any other. I like how they do story telling and booking. Ring work is usually fantastic but im not a big fan of too many high spots. Lucha is a high spot style and show. Im just not full on board yet due to my traditional uptight ways and being a bigger strong style wrestling fan. Plus its nearly impossible to find up here unless its online and im too lazy sometimes to go looking.

But yah for any wrestling fan who hasnt seen it i do recommend giving it a look. They do things that other promotions should def adopt. I know older shows can be found on youtube.

MaryChristine

Its def a different show than any other. I like how they do story telling and booking. Ring work is usually fantastic but im not a big fan of too many high spots. Lucha is a high spot style and show. Im just not full on board yet due to my traditional uptight ways and being a bigger strong style wrestling fan. Plus its nearly impossible to find up here unless its online and im too lazy sometimes to go looking.

But yah for any wrestling fan who hasnt seen it i do recommend giving it a look. They do things that other promotions should def adopt. I know older shows can be found on youtube.

Its called Pirate Bay man,,, I dl it like an hr after it airs because I don't have the El Rey Network.
I'm all about the high flying... its incredible acrobatic non-stop intensity... they do things that I can't even imagine being able to do.
The story-telling cannot be topped by any promotion... these guys know how to tell a damn story...it's what they do.
You can tell WWE is taking notice.... the push lucha dragons and Neville are getting really say it all. They even have a lame Lucha chant. Just waiting for there to be real pressure on WWE so we see a real change in the product.
With Global Force Wrestling on the way,,,, we can only hope for a true wrestling boom.
I'm still entertained by the WWE.. I just wish the wrestlers had a lot more creative freedom in ring and on the mic.

Reactions: TCD

TCD

Liked Posts:
Global Force will be a fun promotion to watch start up. While I was never a Jeff Jarrett wrestler fan he knows the business and how to start a company. And if he keeps his relationship with the Japan promotions tight as he always does there is no reason it cant grow to something special. Not a fan of the name for branding purposes though. Again thats my traditionalism getting in the way. I come from days where promotions sounded serious like Wwf, Awa, nwa, midsouth wrestling etc etc. Global Force sounds too cartoony for me. But i will follow it as much as i can from its roots out of interest. I hope it can eat up TNA down the road. I hate TNA. Probably no promotion i dislike more.

I am loving that there is a feeling of more and more promotions becoming more known. More healthy wrestling promotions the better just as long as one isnt TNA

Goal is to get grimson to watch some lucha underground. I told him to once just to see something different but he told me to fuck off like the dick he is. Although rumor has it Grimson is going to check out ROH after I have hyped it a little to him. He is going to hate it lol. I like ROH though even though it too is a hard show to find sometimes. Big Briscoe Brothers mark.

MaryChristine

GFW Sounds pretty bad ass. You can blame your traditionalism but I don't think you ever thought GFW. which is what it will ultimately be called.
I can tell from all Grimsons WWE posts that he never laid eyes on anything indy. haha!
How do you feel about The Young Bucks?
Love em... best tag team act maybe... EVER.

tumblr_mwd5idkjB51ql0k28o9_250.gif

TCD

Liked Posts:
Young Bucks are great!! They were horribly booked in TNA but ROH, New Japan Young Bucks are amazing. The entire Bullets Club stable was/is great.

I dont really ever throw the term "best in the world" around much though all depends on what promotions guys are working for. But in ring yah its hard to find a better tag team right now that is as fluent and smooth and exciting to watch. I love tag team wrestling and tag team style. I HATE when teams are just thrown together for a single match which is such a wwe booking style. Give me true tag teams like the Young Bucks, Briscoes, ReDRagon ( who i really like right now inside and outside the ring), time splitters, etc etc, ,

Not going to lie i am enjoying Kidd and Cesaro in WWE alot right now. They have that tag team style and have come together really well. same with New Day as an all around team..but im also a heel mark soooo New Day does it for me.

MaryChristine

New Day blows my mind. They got the worlds shittiest gimmick and they made it work. positivity.. wth is that? Thank god they were allowed to turn.
I never liked Big E until I saw one of the first promos new day did... He is pretty damn great on the mic. I thought for sure they were going to be sleazy preachers at the point. The preacher aspect would have been perfect for Big E.

Found it....

[video=youtube;QLxgkHdKcZw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLxgkHdKcZw[/video]

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can honestly say I have watched more Lucha Underground in the last few months than I have watched WWE in the last few years. Far superior aerial work and co-ed matches.

That entire El Rey network is the only reason basic cable is worth having, TBH.

MaryChristine

I can honestly say I have watched more Lucha Underground in the last few months than I have watched WWE in the last few years. Far superior aerial work and co-ed matches.

That entire El Rey network is the only reason basic cable is worth having, TBH.

I knew you were legit when you said natureboyGOAT!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
What channel is El Rey on Comcast?

I just started Ring of Honor now that its on Destination America.

MaryChristine

I don't know if comcast has el rey. I have to d/l lucha cause I don't get the el rey nw.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I haven't watched lucha but plan on checking it out soon. MC a chick that knows her wrasslin pretty awesome chick

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know if comcast has el rey. I have to d/l lucha cause I don't get the el rey nw.

I get it with mine, but you are a couple thousand of miles away...they also show a shit ton of those old Shaw Brother films that I love more than wrestling.