Darko had 3pt range? :rofl:

That scout should be fired

"One scout from the Western Conference, who didn't want to be identified said"

no wonder :rofl:

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Put me down for RJ Hunter at #22 if he's still on the board.

6'6'' SG with a 6'11'' wingspan.....said by many scouts to be the best shooter in the draft.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I doubt anybody else will like Smith's thinking any more than they like mine because we're about on the same page.

My first choice would be trading the #22 for a future pick. Nobody at 22 is going to come in and get any minutes over McDermott or Snell , there are no minutes to be had at the 4-5 and so why waste a first round pick on a backup point guard again. There is no way for a rookie to gain any experience sitting on the bench. Trade the pick even Snell and the pick for a future 1st round pick when some combination of Gasol, Noah, Gibson have retired and you could use 2 picks to try and move up.

McDermott coming off the injury and not playing on his return does figure to come off the bench to start the season but if he can show something early I don't think there's a problem with he and Dunleavy switching roles. Probably better to have Dunleavy start at first especially if Mirotic starts at the 4, with Noah or Gasol coming off the bench a recipe for disaster starting 2 inexperienced players on the front line.

There will be plenty of FA backup point guards on the market after the draft when teams draft a new point guard and want to dump the veteran they have. That's why I wouldn't mind trading Snell to free up cap space to be able to get someone better. I think the Bulls have looked at backup point guards who could also play alongside Rose. Mario Chalmers might fit that role.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Part of it depends on Hoiberg as well. He might very well play rookies a lot more than Thibs did. If that's the case, maybe that backup PG gets a lot more time than you think. If those mocks happen to guess correct and we take that Delon Wright guy, maybe he can find some minutes playing SG alongside Rose in addition to PG. Maybe Hoiberg runs some small ball and he can use that combo guard off the bench as a Shaun Livingston type of sub.

That said, there's not really a true fit in this years draft. A backup PG works, but is not a need given that you can pick one up in FA. Shooters are always nice, but you can again find those in FA. If we do keep the pick though, I trust GarPax to find someone decent.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dunleavy starting is a joke. No good 3rd guard is tragic. Gar is going to take this team right down the toilet. Watch Rose demand a trade and watch Butler and NOah gone by 2017.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Dunleavy starting is a joke. No good 3rd guard is tragic. Gar is going to take this team right down the toilet. Watch Rose demand a trade and watch Butler and NOah gone by 2017.

if Noah wants to go i'll thank him for his time while helping pack his bags

im pretty much at that point with Rose aswell

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Last Chad Ford mock has the Vaughn kid from UNLV going to us at 22. Tyus Jones & RJ Hunter are also in range from 18-22.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
my money is on Grant, Wright or Vaughn

Tyus Jones i heard has a promise from Houston

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Less than 24 hours. I still want to trade down for two earlier 2nd rounders.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Hmm. I would look at the kid Olivier Hanlan from Boston College. If we did that. Jordan Mickey might be there. Dez Wells from Maryland.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I doubt anybody else will like Smith's thinking any more than they like mine because we're about on the same page.

My first choice would be trading the #22 for a future pick. Nobody at 22 is going to come in and get any minutes over McDermott or Snell , there are no minutes to be had at the 4-5 and so why waste a first round pick on a backup point guard again. There is no way for a rookie to gain any experience sitting on the bench. Trade the pick even Snell and the pick for a future 1st round pick when some combination of Gasol, Noah, Gibson have retired and you could use 2 picks to try and move up.

McDermott coming off the injury and not playing on his return does figure to come off the bench to start the season but if he can show something early I don't think there's a problem with he and Dunleavy switching roles. Probably better to have Dunleavy start at first especially if Mirotic starts at the 4, with Noah or Gasol coming off the bench a recipe for disaster starting 2 inexperienced players on the front line.

There will be plenty of FA backup point guards on the market after the draft when teams draft a new point guard and want to dump the veteran they have. That's why I wouldn't mind trading Snell to free up cap space to be able to get someone better. I think the Bulls have looked at backup point guards who could also play alongside Rose. Mario Chalmers might fit that role.

Well....you likely cannot defer your pick and guarantee there is value in doing so above #22. I don't hate the plan, but if Grant or Wright or Jones are available you take the scoring point guard to run your second team and learn with Hinrich, also to develop given uncertainty of Rose future. The depth at PG is great in this draft, I just hope one falls to us.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So, sounds likely the Bulls will draft a PG, and one that has some height too.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So, sounds likely the Bulls will draft a PG, and one that has some height too.
Delon Wright is the obvious selection according to those parameters. Jerian Grant would be awesome if he slipped, but he probably won't. Personally, I wouldn't mind Tyus Jones, but he probably won't make it that far either. Delon Wright it is!

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/delon-wright

NBA Comparison: Jordan Clarkson. Aw man...

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Delon Wright is the obvious selection according to those parameters. Jerian Grant would be awesome if he slipped, but he probably won't. Personally, I wouldn't mind Tyus Jones, but he probably won't make it that far either. Delon Wright it is!

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/delon-wright

NBA Comparison: Jordan Clarkson. Aw man...
lol, chances we draft a stud is slim. I know we've had success lately, but its still slim that this guy we draft will turn out.

By comparison though what was Buckets and Snell compared to?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks