Mass Effect: Andromeda

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
theres a version of 2 that walks you through the story of the first allowing you to make the decisions right?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ok, Ares calling me out for comment. If those not baptized in the church of Mass Effect don't want to partake in salvation then fuck them. You will burn in hellfire.

On a serious note, ME2 and M3 are miles better than ME1 in terms of gameplay. It's pretty much a completely different set of game mechanics and inventory system and really the only thing that is the same is the fact that it has some of the same characters and exists in the same galaxy.

Having said that, Andromeda is going to have a whole new protagonist so probably not missing much if you skip ME2 and ME3 except of course the fact you are going to burn in hellfire.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
theres a version of 2 that walks you through the story of the first allowing you to make the decisions right?

Depends on the system but yes there is a portion after the opening where you basically get interviewed about the events of ME1 and basically in answering the questions you essentially are making decisions from the first game. So for example, they were ask you sacrificing a teammate on Virmire and basically you can answer that it was either Kaden Alenko or Ashley Williams that died. There are other interview questions around whether you killed Wrex or not or whether you saved the Rachni Queen.

I think the questions are more detailed on Playstation because Playstation never had ME1.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Depends on the system but yes there is a portion after the opening where you basically get interviewed about the events of ME1 and basically in answering the questions you essentially are making decisions from the first game. So for example, they were ask you sacrificing a teammate on Virmire and basically you can answer that it was either Kaden Alenko or Ashley Williams that died. There are other interview questions around whether you killed Wrex or not or whether you saved the Rachni Queen.

I think the questions are more detailed on Playstation because Playstation never had ME1.
I think the PC version allows you to import your character and decisions from ME1 if you want, which is also pretty cool.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think the PC version allows you to import your character and decisions from ME1 if you want, which is also pretty cool.

If you have the save from ME1 you can import it on console too

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i recall reading something about graphic novel like presentations of 1+2's story that allow you to make decisions and then carry them over.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah that's what I am talking about. It's like a Web comic. It came out earlier on Playstation because they never had ME1. For Xbox you had to import a save or the game just made default decisions for you. Then after a few months or so or in ME3 they introduced the Web comic to Xbox as well.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyway, I know you are particular as fuck about your games, so who knows if you will like it, but its worth trying for a couple days when you can find it for like 5 bucks.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All this talk is making me feel like reinstalling. lol, I have like 100 hours in ME2 or some shit.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
168 hours. holy shit.

Oh, and installing now. lmao

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Btw, save Wrex and the queen both.

In my ME1 play I didn't realize the game was gonna be a trilogy where you could carry over ur character.

Also I picked neutral like 99% of the time in convo so when it came time to have it out with Wrex I had no options to chill him out, dey had to shoot him lol.

I replayed ME2 and ME3 with a new profile keeping Wrex alive

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I always kept Wrex alive although in one of my ME3 playthroughs, we clashed over the cure for the Geno****e. Shit got real heated and emotional but won't spoil it for that heathen that hasn't played ME2 or ME3 yet.

I wish they would do the backwards compatibility for it already so I can play it on my Xbox One. They made ME1 backwards compatible but were having trouble with 2 disc games which is why they haven't done so yet for ME2 and ME3.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;opOdFKObpeM]https://youtu.be/opOdFKObpeM[/video]

Some leaked gameplay footage... hnnnggggg

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
2 more months till release...

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
still playing through the 2nd. its pretty good, but i recall enjoying the first more. missions are just combat for the most part and combat is kind of meh. but i like it enough despite its flaws to want to jump into 3 after im done, though ive heard bad things about it. is 3 that bad?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
still playing through the 2nd. its pretty good, but i recall enjoying the first more. missions are just combat for the most part and combat is kind of meh. but i like it enough despite its flaws to want to jump into 3 after im done, though ive heard bad things about it. is 3 that bad?

I found ME 2 combat to be a ton more enjoyable than ME1.... I enjoyed ME1, but the micromanaging of weapons and ammo and junk got annoying.

ME3 is a great game, the ending is what bothered most players including myself.... remy and I had a long argument about the merits or lack thereof in the ME3 ending they chose to go with.

Remy lost the argument and admitted as much, as he is prone to do when he debates me. :troll:

In any case you should definitely play ME3, it is a ton of fun, and if you enjoy the ending, even better.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I love me 1 all around better but I came to it from loving and playing rpgs over shooters in every way and loved their predecessors KOTOR games being more so rpg. But there's mass waves of peps who loved the ME2.

A friend of mine recently began watching Babylon 5 that 90s sci-fi show and he's been noticing how clearly influenced or mimicked that show was for mass effects stories and locations

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I found ME 2 combat to be a ton more enjoyable than ME1.... I enjoyed ME1, but the micromanaging of weapons and ammo and junk got annoying.

ME3 is a great game, the ending is what bothered most players including myself.... remy and I had a long argument about the merits or lack thereof in the ME3 ending they chose to go with.

Remy lost the argument and admitted as much, as he is prone to do when he debates me. :troll:

In any case you should definitely play ME3, it is a ton of fun, and if you enjoy the ending, even better.

i just seem to recall more RPing in the original and more interesting missions. but it was years ago, perhaps im misremembering. as for 3, yeah, ive heard a lot about the ending being shit, but others seem to dislike the game itself saying they stripped most of the rpg elements away and made more of an action game. either way ill give it a try after im done with 2.