Mass Effect: Andromeda

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That or Cora likes to use her charge and shit against big targets that just brush that shit off. This bitch used to always charge those ascendants when they had the orb thing floating and I'm like bitch you aren't hurting the dude, focus on the orb. Cora be like Cartman talking about she do whatever she wants.

I just got to the point where I just out a point into cloak and would switch to it whenever I inevitably had to revive them. That and I made sure to pick Drack's ability to revive himself when I finished his loyalty mission.

I was telling Clone, I finished the kett base mission on Voeld yesterday and I got super lucky cause the Ascendant base commander dude got stuck on the stairs somehow, so I just stuck behind cover and sniped his orb and then shot him in the head/body until his shield came back, rinse and repeat like 3 times.

I wanna carry a Viper and a Widow SR so I can pop that orb and then hit the Ascendant with a Widow blast.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Jaal and Cora are the only squadmates I've needed to revive. I can only assume Jaal avenger striked next to some strong enemy and got destroyed because usually he's somewhere behind me.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Jaal and Cora are the only squadmates I've needed to revive. I can only assume Jaal avenger striked next to some strong enemy and got destroyed because usually he's somewhere behind me.

Having switched between hardcore and normal... and knowing you are playing on normal.... trust me you have to revive or fight without them alot if you play on Hardcore/Insanity. They go down much easier due to their idiotic Leroy Jenkins antics

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Having switched between hardcore and normal... and knowing you are playing on normal.... trust me you have to revive or fight without them alot if you play on Hardcore/Insanity. They go down much easier due to their idiotic Leroy Jenkins antics
Oh I'm fairly certain Drack and Cora would need to be revived every 30 seconds with their battle logic on anything higher than normal.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah once I figured out Jaal's strategy was avenger strike the dude with the most armor on the field and them get merked, I respeced his powers and put everything in all the other powers. I didn't give him Avenger strike again until I could fully level it up in one go. I also picked the passive power that allows him to cloak and run like a bitch whenever his health is low and that seems to improve his survivability.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ARs have always bummed me out in ME. I don't know why the fully automatics are always so under powered. I mean, the top sniper rifles and shotguns hit like a fucking truck. Why do ARs have to be so nerfed?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I've never liked ARs or SMGs much in ME. Mostly shotguns and snipers for me. Anything mid range and I use my powers.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
yeah, i always played using an AR just because thats my thing, but they never felt powerful enough.

anyway, bot, how is nier automata? im really excited about that game, just dont want to pay full price for it.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nier Automata is fucking awesome. Day one buy for me. Use a controller tho

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So far my two favorite builds:

Incinerate - burning, impact, double shot.
Charge - damage, power synergy, shock.
Nova - damage, armor, seismic.
Dhan Shotgun - level shotgun skill for larger clips then research and make this shotgun with the vintage heat sink. You'll have unlimited ammo and a two round clip that auto-reloads every three seconds -- the level 5 gun does right around 1000 damage, so you really don't need many shots.

So you incinerate to prime, charge to detonate (which also recharges your shields), and nova. If anything is still standing (guys with shields/armor) two shotting them with the shotgun should put them down.

Overcharge - damage, charged overload (additional chain), maximum charge.
Lance - damage, anti-sheild, knockdown.
Singularity - radius, recharge, exploding.
P.A.W. assault rifle - the electric modifier. Decent range, excellent accuracy, could change out for sniper rife but I'm planning an eventual play-through with a sniper/stealth build, so...

This is the ranged build specializing in remnants. Even though it doesn't tell you, Overcharge actually primes targets (and kind of stuns them for a few seconds) -- so you charge that up and hit 3 guys with it, Lance to detonate, then toss out the Singularity to capture enemies and wait for the other two to recharge. Anything captured in the Singularity will be primed for the next barrage and once you do the next Overcharge/Lance combo trigger the Singularity explosion. This works really well for taking out the observer assholes' shields with the first two hits then disabling them and anything near them while waiting for the kill. Rifle is just extra damage while waiting for the combos to recharge. I suppose you could substitute pretty much any long-range detonator for Lance, but it hits hard, has infinite range, and is in the biotic tree which I specialized in the most.

I use the Explorer profile for both because of the biotic damage increase and fucking awesome biotic blink, but Sentinel works well too for the combo damage.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My build:

Incinerate: Cause fire is fun and it is one of those primer things
Overload: Cause the robots keep attacking me and this vaguely seems to confuse them, and also makes the fire explode
Omni Grenades: Cause sometimes assholes won't come out of cover
Only Milky Way Guns: Viper, Widow, Avenger, Carnifex... cause I'm not some galaxy traitor scum like the rest of you.

My Widow shots are also grenades that I often use point blank on the wildlife of Havarl.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Been using the Remnant VI and the assault turret lately just for fun. It's nice having a couple other things for the enemies to aim at, but I find a lot of times I'm still the one getting focus fired. Will probably switch back to some form of biotic detonate build because it's fun making things explode.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A new build I tried out now that I am playing new game plus.

Annihilation - with the level 6 perk that causes everything to float and the level 4 perk that increases the damage radius.

Concussive Shot - with the level 4 perk that uses 5 power cells instead of recharge. This bypasses the 60% recharge penalty of annihilation while still giving you a detonator.

Omni Grenade - with level 5 perk to increase power cell capacity which again bypasses recharge penalty.

So with this build I pretty much have annihilation selected the whole time. I use Omni grenades to kill or strip shields and rush in with annihilation active so all the unarmored enemies float in the air ready for detonation. I then use Concussice shot and shoot it off 5 times in a row and basically continually detonate mother fuckers.

That usually wipes out a whole area and then I just find an ammo crate to refill the power cells on OG and CS and rinse and repeat.

I use my Ishiray or Widow with the Dhan and Falcon. Shit just wrecks.

It's so OP I usually have it as my 3rd favorite only to be used when I want to just clear a mission or area quickly.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Finished my second playthrough this weekend and moved in multiplayer mode. Definitely more variety in multiplayer than ME3 and it's a lot more fun than I remember.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does multiplayer help with the campaign at all? I mean beyond just mats and credits?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You can get research data and weapons as well but other than that no, it doesn't really help with the campaign. It's a bit more challenging combat wise because your powers are limited and you can't mix and match like you can in campaign so I play it more for the combat and strategy involved especially when you do Gold matches. You get overrun quite quickly if you don't work together as a team.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
ME:A is 50% off on Origin right now. Don't know how long it will last.