Mass Effect: Andromeda

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
i just seem to recall more RPing in the original and more interesting missions. but it was years ago, perhaps im misremembering. as for 3, yeah, ive heard a lot about the ending being shit, but others seem to dislike the game itself saying they stripped most of the rpg elements away and made more of an action game. either way ill give it a try after im done with 2.

I felt like all 3 games were a pretty equal balance of action/story/role-playing... ME3 feels a little bit less open-ended, because it is the final game and you know pretty well where the story is heading.... whereas in ME1 and ME2 it felt pretty wide open.

I thought ME3 was nearly as fun as ME2, but ME2 was the most fun because it was so wide-open.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I felt like all 3 games were a pretty equal balance of action/story/role-playing... ME3 feels a little bit less open-ended, because it is the final game and you know pretty well where the story is heading.... whereas in ME1 and ME2 it felt pretty wide open.

I thought ME3 was nearly as fun as ME2, but ME2 was the most fun because it was so wide-open.

I always thought there was some disjointedness between ME1 and ME2 in terms of the state of the galaxy. ME1 felt like you were breaking new ground and exploring parts of the galaxy that had never been seen before, and then two years later in ME2 suddenly the galaxy is populated, established, and developed, and you were basically visiting places that had already been explored. In a weird way, maybe the boring emptiness of ME1's planet's actually benefited the game in that sense. The lack of exploration made sense in ME3, as you're under siege and on a war footing from the minute the game starts.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I always thought there was some disjointedness between ME1 and ME2 in terms of the state of the galaxy. ME1 felt like you were breaking new ground and exploring parts of the galaxy that had never been seen before, and then two years later in ME2 suddenly the galaxy is populated, established, and developed, and you were basically visiting places that had already been explored. In a weird way, maybe the boring emptiness of ME1's planet's actually benefited the game in that sense. The lack of exploration made sense in ME3, as you're under siege and on a war footing from the minute the game starts.

Yeah ME1 benefited alot from being first.... I mean the whole game, the whole story, every setting, was all new ground.... you as the player were exploring everything for the first time, there was no way around that feeling.

ME2 benefited from alot of fine tuning the actual gameplay and an interesting story that still allowed you to feel like it was open to a large degree and allowed you to approach it along your own path. I still felt like I was exploring alot in ME2, but exploring stuff I had some context around rather than just experiencing planets and aliens and stuff brand new.

I will say, although ME1 had the open planet thing where you could drop on them and drive around which was cool for a while.... But I found the Mako driving parts often became the most tedious and annoying.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mako and open world is back in Andromeda so hopefully they improve on what was done in ME1.

I liked the games in reverse order ie ME3, ME2 and ME1. I found the resolution of some of the story lines with you compatriots to be the most satisfying I've ever experienced in video games.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I played all 3 Mass Effect games in a theater room with surround sound.... I won't quite be able to duplicate that for Andromeda, but I am setting up my HD projector and a nice electric screen so I can move my Xbox One up to my loft space/theater room and play it on the projector.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I have a 3D/HD projector in my living room and just bought my pre-order today. Can't wait for this shit to drop. Been feigning for this shit for a long time and that Aliens thread just got me more hyped up for it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I have a 3D/HD projector in my living room and just bought my pre-order today. Can't wait for this shit to drop. Been feigning for this shit for a long time and that Aliens thread just got me more hyped up for it.

What size screen you got?

Mine is being delivered today.... my ma was over last night and said "Why do you need a screen?!? It looks fine against the white wall..." and I just patted her on the head... and my brane went "Idk if she right or not, but I can't go back now"

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What size screen you got?

Mine is being delivered today.... my ma was over last night and said "Why do you need a screen?!? It looks fine against the white wall..." and I just patted her on the head... and my brane went "Idk if she right or not, but I can't go back now"

100 inches. I bought a condo and the screen and a non HD projector came with it so I just bought a new projector for it.

I had never actually considered a projector before as I thought they were a pain to set up so just got lucky that everything was already set up for this one. The screen drops down from the ceiling at the press of a button and the projector is suspended from the ceiling by a pole. The wiring runs through the walls to my master bedroom so saves a ton of space in the living room.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
100 inches. I bought a condo and the screen and a non HD projector came with it so I just bought a new projector for it.

I had never actually considered a projector before as I thought they were a pain to set up so just got lucky that everything was already set up for this one. The screen drops down from the ceiling at the press of a button and the projector is suspended from the ceiling by a pole. The wiring runs through the walls to my master bedroom so saves a ton of space in the living room.

Yep that is the size screen I ordered, I am going to have my Dad do the wiring to get electric outlets right next to where we will mount the projector and right next to the electric screen.

Next will be buying and wiring up a surround sound system with a receiver and running HDMI from the receiver thru the wall/ceiling over to the projector.

For the moment, without the receiver, I will be limited to the single HDMI input on the projector, so I will probably just connect my Xbox One... and the projector speakers are actually decent.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I had a get a receiver as well to add more hookups. It works pretty great though besides the screen going black as the singal gets crossed every once in a while.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I decided receiver and sound system is in the budget.... I just ordered them lol

This is what happens when you're a bachelor.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i have to admit im not interested in andromeda. having known what bioware had become i had little interest in in to begin with, but having been playing the 2nd and remembering how much i enjoyed the first i actually started to get excited about andromeda and started watching trailers/gameplay and reading up on the development, but that only ended up killing any excitement i had and now i care less about it than i did originally. i knew bioware of old was all but dead, but its turns out its much worse than i thought. not only has every founding member gotten the fuck out of there but so as every individual that played a role in the companies past glory including series creators, directors, producers, writers, etc. it is literally bioware in name only and is simply an ea subsidiary consisting of ridiculous SJWs such as the gta rape woman(hired as a writer) and a racist designer who absolutely hates white people to the point that he tweets non stop about it, even tweeting about murdering them.

its convenient for ea since the can sell games based on the bioware name and IPs only, and professional reviewers will praise the games just because "progressive," ignoring whether or not the games are actually any good, all while effectively barred from actual criticism since anyone that criticizes bioware games are simply being sexist, racist, homophobic, entitled, etc. and this is exactly what bioware staff does when fans criticize their games. as well as calling gamers brainless basement dwellers and the such. what a pos company the once great developer has become lol

imo its only a matter of time before ea milks it of all its name can bring in and and its closed down for good.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I decided receiver and sound system is in the budget.... I just ordered them lol

This is what happens when you're a bachelor.

Yep, it's great when you don't have to worry about the old lady telling you no or about kid expenses or shit.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
i have to admit im not interested in andromeda. having known what bioware had become i had little interest in in to begin with, but having been playing the 2nd and remembering how much i enjoyed the first i actually started to get excited about andromeda and started watching trailers/gameplay and reading up on the development, but that only ended up killing any excitement i had and now i care less about it than i did originally. i knew bioware of old was all but dead, but its turns out its much worse than i thought. not only has every founding member gotten the fuck out of there but so as every individual that played a role in the companies past glory including series creators, directors, producers, writers, etc. it is literally bioware in name only and is simply an ea subsidiary consisting of ridiculous SJWs such as the gta rape woman(hired as a writer) and a racist designer who absolutely hates white people to the point that he tweets non stop about it, even tweeting about murdering them.

its convenient for ea since the can sell games based on the bioware name and IPs only, and professional reviewers will praise the games just because "progressive," ignoring whether or not the games are actually any good, all while effectively barred from actual criticism since anyone that criticizes bioware games are simply being sexist, racist, homophobic, entitled, etc. and this is exactly what bioware staff does when fans criticize their games. as well as calling gamers brainless basement dwellers and the such. what a pos company the once great developer has become lol

imo its only a matter of time before ea milks it of all its name can bring in and and its closed down for good.
What rambling microcosm of the world so you focus on?

Criticism of any company or games like bioware is and has been legit without some ranting bashing forever. Especially with everything dragon age related getting bogged against for being open dullness.

If you don't actually seek out pety complaints and pointless rants it's not what appears to be the norm.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
What rambling microcosm of the world so you focus on?

Criticism of any company or games like bioware is and has been legit without some ranting bashing forever. Especially with everything dragon age related getting bogged against for being open dullness.

If you don't actually seek out pety complaints and pointless rants it's not what appears to be the norm.

what?

it is legit, but biowares staff doesnt appear to think so. considering they shut down their official forums after bashing fans and throwing slurs at them. this is a company that regularly insults gamers and accuses them of being pieces of shit.

none of this is petty in the least, but rather something gamers should take seriously, and the better informed gamers do. unfortunately, a number of gamers are console gamers that just see the cool trailers and thats that or simply know that biowware made some good games in the past so thats all that matters. i would have fallen right in to that if i simply didnt decide to look into andromeda simply because i was getting hyped for it. but this is an active attitude presented by the company on a regular basis with no need to seek it out. i came across it simply by looking for a little info about ME:A. the company is a mess teeming with a bunch of sad fucks.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
what?

it is legit, but biowares staff doesnt appear to think so. considering they shut down their official forums after bashing fans and throwing slurs at them. this is a company that regularly insults gamers and accuses them of being pieces of shit.

none of this is petty in the least, but rather something gamers should take seriously, and the better informed gamers do. unfortunately, a number of gamers are console gamers that just see the cool trailers and thats that or simply know that biowware made some good games in the past so thats all that matters. i would have fallen right in to that if i simply didnt decide to look into andromeda simply because i was getting hyped for it. but this is an active attitude presented by the company on a regular basis with no need to seek it out. i came across it simply by looking for a little info about ME:A. the company is a mess teeming with a bunch of sad fucks.

It's relevance to the art is questionable.. someone can go about it as they wish opposed to some opinion of what they ought to Do. And there is ranges beyond getting hyped by trailers and caring about the political and Public relations.

But you spent nothing on the point of contention because there had been plenty said negative of reviews all around the board in games of the kotor mmorpg and the last two dragon age games because of the contents within.

So what if someone creates something you enjoy insults them ... but they still enjoy it. What is it to care that they insult you? That's what I'd say I'd only relied on pettiness or foolishly motivated pride.

If you didn't want to support the company but still like the product there's ways to go around that too like buying a product used to not provide them a purchase or go about your experience in a range of ways.

Idk, maybe you're too focused on some artistic morality where you can't enjoy a movie made by a pedophile, some don't care about the direct connection and others may be more intrigued by that associated element.

They SHOULDN'T be one way or another but the consumers can be as they wish.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
It's relevance to the art is questionable.. someone can go about it as they wish opposed to some opinion of what they ought to Do. And there is ranges beyond getting hyped by trailers and caring about the political and Public relations.

But you spent nothing on the point of contention because there had been plenty said negative of reviews all around the board in games of the kotor mmorpg and the last two dragon age games because of the contents within.

So what if someone creates something you enjoy insults them ... but they still enjoy it. What is it to care that they insult you? That's what I'd say I'd only relied on pettiness or foolishly motivated pride.

If you didn't want to support the company but still like the product there's ways to go around that too like buying a product used to not provide them a purchase or go about your experience in a range of ways.

Idk, maybe you're too focused on some artistic morality where you can't enjoy a movie made by a pedophile, some don't care about the direct connection and others may be more intrigued by that associated element.

They SHOULDN'T be one way or another but the consumers can be as they wish.

most of their games recently, even, da2 got pretty good pro reviews. non professional gamers gave them negative reviews and bioware actively insulted and slandered gamers that criticized their games. now thats petty.

anyway, while i really dont know wtf you are going on about, and though i for one rather not support a developer that employs flat out racists that flaunt their prejudice and goes out of their way to insult and accuse the very people that keep them in business, my actual point was that the company seems to have gone to shit and i dont expect quality products from them. which i havent for a while, but like i said i got kind of excited about me:a actually, only to quickly find out that the company that was once bioware was actually in far worse shape than i already thought.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dragon Age 2 was a great game IMO. I thoroughly enjoyed that shit to the point I played it through on 4 different characters. I still play it occasionally. I think the point Clyde is making is you are presuming that the people that like bioware games do so because somehow they are sheep or some other such nonsense.

And there were plenty of fans who based Bioware and called them pieces of shit simply because they didn't like say the ending of Mass Effect 3. Some of these fans were acting like Bioware raped their mom or something. I used to be on the Bioware forums and I stopped posting there because it became a cesspool of negativity. So it goes both ways. Bioware went over board but so did fans. Neither was right.

In any event, I play the games because I like them. All the other shit is just unnecessary drama. From the Mass Effect Trilogy, all the Dragon Age games except Dragon Age II, Stars Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Jade Empire, I've enjoyed the majority of their games so there is really no reason for me to stop getting them just because Bioware upset some fans. Oh well!

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So excited for Andromeda. I'm not even hyped about it - like I don't have expectations that its gonna be some great game or anything. Just fucking psyched for a mass effect universe game.

I just hope they don't fuck up the story focus and pacing with open world. An open world is completely unnecessary in a Mass Effect game imo. And story based open world games are so damn rare. Better not be some bullshit where you are running around doing dozens of dumb ass fetch quests while the galaxy is supposed to be in danger of burning down. Shit better stay true to the franchise and be story and character focused.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

lol, what is this