Mass Effect: Andromeda

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So been messing around with a few combinations and my new current favorite is a tech heavy build. I actually ran into trouble on Insanity with a biotic whenever I was fighting big fuckers like architects or dudes that rolled up on you quick with a fuck ton of shields or armor. More so than in previous mass effect games.

So instead I switched to a tech build that has 2 separate pairs of skills.

Overload, Energy Drain, Incinerate - The great thing about these powers is depending on the higher level skills you select, each power can serve as a primer for detonation as well as a detonator itself. So for guys with armor, I just use Incinerate to prime them then detonate with Energy Drain while restoring shields which then primes them again and then I detonate with Overload. By the time you work through that combination, Incinerate should be ready again to repeat the process. For dudes with shields I just start with Overload/Energy first and use Incinerate as the final combo before the powers recharge.

Assault Turret, Remnant VI, Cloak - This build takes full advantage of the Engineer class which offers bonuses for Tech Constructs. So the great thing about this is you essentially get a squad of 5 players as the AT and RVI serve as additional squad mates that deal out damage while taking the enemies attention away from you. If the enemy is still focused on you after deploy both then you simply cloak and the enemies look for one of the other 4 targets allowing you to stay behind cover and shoot the fuck outta people. When they start looking at you again you just hide or cloak and they go back to your squad. The other great thing about AT and RVI is AT primes enemies for detonation and RVI detonates while maxed out so you still get tech combos if you send them after the same target. Remnant VI has a shit ton of healthy and regenerates quickly so it lasts a hell of a long time while AT goes down a bit quicker but explodes in the process. RVI when you max out the health also likes to roll up right in front of the biggest asshole on the field which keeps them occupied while you wipe out the grunts.

So I just switch between these two builds using favorites and I carry the consumable that recharges powers immediately as anytime you switch all the start to recharge powers recharge. So if you can't wait to recharge then you can use the consumable. That's been my best build on Insanity thus far.

The other big tip I would add is once you get to Kadara, there is a merchant/black market dude that is on the main raid heading Northwest out of the Slums in a structure on a hill. The dude basically buys things for the same price as he sells them (not sure if it's a glitch) where's all the other vendors essentially slash prices by more than half when you sell to them. The first time I found the dude, I had a fuck ton of minerals that I could sell and ended up with over 300k in credits by selling him all my minerals and other shit I didn't want. I then used that to buy a fuck ton of Disrupter and Incendiary Ammo as well as Cobra RPG's which help out tremendously on Insanity.

So you differently want to save all you good stuff that you can sell until you find this dude. At this point I am not sure if it's a glitch or whether they intended it because his prices are really so much better than everyone else's its ridiculous.

Am I the only one who just uses an assault rifle and a Leroy Jenkins attitude?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Maybe, I never liked playing as a pure Soldier or Warrior in role playing games. Always a Rogue or a Mage type character with maybe some Soldier/Warrior mixed in.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:

naw, i played through the first 3 as a pure soldier. im always a tanky warrior/knight character in rpgs. a badass in heavy armor wielding a big ass sword is a hell of a lot cooler than some dude in a cloak or some asshole with a bow. plus it makes the loot a hell of a lot more interesting as well. its much more fun finding a new piece of baddass armor or a kick ass sword than it is some fucking wand.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe, I never liked playing as a pure Soldier or Warrior in role playing games. Always a Rogue or a Mage type character with maybe some Soldier/Warrior mixed in.

naw, i played through the first 3 as a pure soldier. im always a tanky warrior/knight character in rpgs. a badass in heavy armor wielding a big ass sword is a hell of a lot cooler than some dude in a cloak or some asshole with a bow. plus it makes the loot a hell of a lot more interesting as well. its much more fun finding a new piece of baddass armor or a kick ass sword than it is some fucking wand.

Lol I hope you guys know I was just trying to conjure the image in your head of me doing a Mass Effect Leroy Jenkins while my NPC squad like "Did he just.... oh shit gogogogogo"

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Full confession. I had no idea who Leroy Jenkins was until you posted that name and I went and looked it up. Don't play WoW but not sure how I missed that meme these past few years.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Full confession. I had no idea who Leroy Jenkins was until you posted that name and I went and looked it up. Don't play WoW but not sure how I missed that meme these past few years.

yea, no idea who the fuck that is. i just figured it somehow related to a gung ho attitude.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This isn't the video but...

tumblr_inline_nclb9rRuHl1sm1eq0.gif

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So just finished my first playthrough on Insantiy and exhausted. Was trying to finish it before I went to the Final Four tomorrow and so mission accomplished. All and all a satisfying experience. The story could have been a bit better as I wish they went into the origins of the Kett and Remnant more but I suspect that's for a future game.

It's definitely worth it for any Mass Effect fans as I already want to play again so I can make different choices and see how it goes. New Game + will let me keep all my skill points so the next playthrougj will be a lot easier and I can take my time to really appreciate the story and decisions.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I went Leroy Jenkins in a raid once. Nobody laughed and I got booted.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just got to my second planet in Andromeda...

But I think I'm am going to pause tho and wait to see what Bioware has in store for patches. I might put this game off until the summer if they have big patches and if modders get after this game. Think I will play Neir Automata in the meantime.

Overall, I think the game is good, though not great. Definitely don't think it is as bad as the headlines would suggest. And imo, its for sure better than dragon age inquisition.

I think I would rate this game as is at about a 7/10. 6/10 if you don't care about ME lore.

Of course I have a ME bias and scifi bias in general.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am not sure if it is just a habit I developed or cause my AR sux, but I fight like 90% with Sniper Rifles now.

I send Drack in to soak up damage, I let the 2nd squad mate roam around, and I snipe the fuck outta erthang.

I will switch to AR or pistol if they come in close, but often I just retreat to another firing position and snipe.

I did pickup Incinerate/Overload.... I wasn't using the biotic shockwave I had so I switched my 3rd power to grenades which come in handy on occasion.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I usually roll with a Shotgun and Sniper. The only AR or Pistol I ever use is the Falcon because it hits heard and is a grenade launcher essentially. I hate most of the other AR and Pistols because they either don't do enough damage or don't have enough ammo. The Dhann is my favorite shotgun as it has high damage and is more range that most shotguns as it shoots a huge plasma bolt and the Ishiray or Widow is my sniper as the former in the highest damage weapon in the game but the Widow had more rounds in the clip. Younput Turbocharge on though which increases clip size and you can get 2 or 3 shots in the clip for the Ishiray.

I just started my second character before I left for the Final Four and will play him more as a Soldier as I never play as one and pretty much used all tech and biotic powers my first playthrough.

With new game plus and having all skill points carry over, I can basically cycle between playing as any class now by setting up favorites.

So will be a Soldier with Turbocharge, Cloak and mines from afar, tech guy with overload, incinerate and energy drain against synthetics, and vanguard with charge, nova, and concussive shot when enemies try and get close.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I usually roll with a Shotgun and Sniper. The only AR or Pistol I ever use is the Falcon because it hits heard and is a grenade launcher essentially. I hate most of the other AR and Pistols because they either don't do enough damage or don't have enough ammo. The Dhann is my favorite shotgun as it has high damage and is more range that most shotguns as it shoots a huge plasma bolt and the Ishiray or Widow is my sniper as the former in the highest damage weapon in the game but the Widow had more rounds in the clip. Younput Turbocharge on though which increases clip size and you can get 2 or 3 shots in the clip for the Ishiray.

I just started my second character before I left for the Final Four and will play him more as a Soldier as I never play as one and pretty much used all tech and biotic powers my first playthrough.

With new game plus and having all skill points carry over, I can basically cycle between playing as any class now by setting up favorites.

So will be a Soldier with Turbocharge, Cloak and mines from afar, tech guy with overload, incinerate and energy drain against synthetics, and vanguard with charge, nova, and concussive shot when enemies try and get close.

I demand you go with a Leroy Jenkins build/attitude.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I demand you go with a Leroy Jenkins build/attitude.

I've watched the Jenkins video so I am prepared now but Cora and Drack usually beat me to the punch. Those fuckers just love storming in and not listening to instructions.

I had to stop using them on Insanity until they were leveled up as they kept getting their ass killed.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've watched the Jenkins video so I am prepared now but Cora and Drack usually beat me to the punch. Those fuckers just love storming in and not listening to instructions.

I had to stop using them on Insanity until they were leveled up as they kept getting their ass killed.
This is so true. Drack is a true Leeroy Jenkins

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I had a glitch where I was in the middle of a conversation while enemies dropped in on us and Drack goes storming in and by the time the dialogue is over dude was dead and needed reviving.

I'm like Holy Fuck son, stop running in there like a kid that was just told that the hot chick from next door is skinny dipping in her pool again.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Right you are.... they really do go full Leroy before you can even react

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I had a glitch where I was in the middle of a conversation while enemies dropped in on us and Drack goes storming in and by the time the dialogue is over dude was dead and needed reviving.

I'm like Holy Fuck son, stop running in there like a kid that was just told that the hot chick from next door is skinny dipping in her pool again.

Lol he gives almost no fucks.... though at least he rarely sits out of range shooting his shotgun uselessly at the enemy.... mostly just Cora does that

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That or Cora likes to use her charge and shit against big targets that just brush that shit off. This bitch used to always charge those ascendants when they had the orb thing floating and I'm like bitch you aren't hurting the dude, focus on the orb. Cora be like Cartman talking about she do whatever she wants.

I just got to the point where I just out a point into cloak and would switch to it whenever I inevitably had to revive them. That and I made sure to pick Drack's ability to revive himself when I finished his loyalty mission.