Mass Effect: Andromeda

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm in fucking Ecuador right now and still am excited to get home and play this shit. Fuck yeah bitches. The game only has to be average and I will love playing it.

Just hope I can jack the settings with a 4790k @4.8 gHz and a 980ti

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm in fucking Ecuador right now and still am excited to get home and play this shit. Fuck yeah bitches. The game only has to be average and I will love playing it.

Just hope I can jack the settings with a 4790k @4.8 gHz and a 980ti

Ima download ME Andromeda tonight and head off to Spain tomorrow lol.... when I get back doe

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
As much as it pains me to do this, I think I'm going to hold off on Andromeda until I put my new comp together. Looks like the system requirements are fairly steep, and I want to be able to enjoy it in its full glory, not gimped on a i7 950 and GTX 770.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am going to hold off on Andromeda completely. The trailer they released showed terrible facial and body animations as well as terrible detail on the faces to the point that ME1 compared side by side looked better.

You guys will have to let me know how it is. I am going to wait until I hear back.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So my first impressions are the game is a bit buggy but it blends the best elements of ME1 (more planet exploration) and the later games (combat system). If you prefer a completely finished product without any bugs then you might want to wait until it's patched.

For me the bugs are just minor and I absolutely love this game. The characters could have perhaps been more charismatic as only Peebi really has what I would call a multi-dimensional personality. The rest of the characters feel a bit more like various archetypes we've seen before.

I've seen some reviews on this that are mixed so some may want to check those out but again for me, this is exactly what I've been waiting for minor bugs aside.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dig the game so far. All the complaints about graphics and bugs haven't really affected my experience at all. Like Remy said, they're all pretty much minor.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dig the game so far. All the complaints about graphics and bugs haven't really affected my experience at all. Like Remy said, they're all pretty much minor.

Did you call in sick today?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What system are people playing on? I haven't checked out multiplayer yet but if people are on Xbox One and if MP allows you to play with friends then my Xbox Live name is the same (remydat) so feel free to hit me up if you see me online and want to play MP.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm on PS4, but likewise my PSN is the same as my name here.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I'm not going to do it, I'm not going to do it, I'm going to wait for my new PC, I'm going to wait...

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mass Effect Andromeda PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey folks, I have put about 10 hours into MEA since returning. I also have taken some glances at info about bugs and upcoming patches and complaints. Apparently there is a bit of uproar about some technical aspects with this game so far.

imo, the complaints are generally true, though to me, they are way way overblown. For me so far, the issues have only minimally hampered my enjoyment of the game. BUT - when reading some of the complaints, I noticed my attitude getting more negative. But then actually playing the game, that negativity subsiding.

So heres the PSA - yes there are some technical issues with the game. Yes, it sounds like Bioware is going to patch them, but sounds like it could take some time. However, I think the impact these issues have on the overall experience is being overblown a lot, though of course everyone is different. I really, really, really recommend NOT delving too deep into the complaints and criticism.

At least for people that are big ME fans and know for sure they are going to buy and play this game no matter what, I recommend avoiding reviews and message boards. It's just going to detract from the experience imo. Flaws are being pointed out that you might not even notice or not be bothered by if you don't read the complaints. Like a scratch on a new car that you can't stop looking at one you notice it. Or some shit. Whatever.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with Bot. Many of the things people have complained about has not really been noticeable for me or hindered my gameplay experience.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, another 6 hours in, and this game is for sure scratching my ME itch. I haven't gotten very far since I am taking it slow and looking at/exploring everything and doing all the dialog and reading codex, but yeah. Even if the game doesn't turn out to be epic, its definitely hitting the spot.

As far as performance, I have no idea where the fuck bioware came up with the minimum/recommended specs. They are grossly exaggerated. Maybe they are geared towards multiplayer? I don't know. But I have every setting maxed and the shit runs buttery smooth and I have not gone above 64 deg on any component. If your shit can run tomb raider well, it can definitely run this.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've put in 37 hours in the game and am only 27% complete, lol. This is going to take up a fuck ton of my Spring and Summer but I'm not complaining.

I like to play on Insanity first just to get the achievement out of the way as well as to make sure if I happen to only play it once, I played it on the hardest difficult but at this point I can already tell I will be playing this multiple times but will do so on normal after my insanity playthrough.

For insanity I usually go with a pure biotic as you spend a fuck time in cover hiding and the most useful skill in the game so far for me is Annihilation. That shit is like a biotic combo monster. I just use heavy duty assault rifles to keep enemies at bay and strip their shields and the money they try to roll up on me the level 6 perk basic just lifts them out of the sky and primes them for detonation. You combine that with super recharged Throw that recharges in like 4 seconds and it's biotic combos for days.

I'll probably do a Vanguard playthrough next as I just love charging in and then dropping Nova on bitches and Annihilation will just lift whoever isn't dead but that's too risk a playthrough for Insanity as I tried Vanguard on Insanity on ME3 and the early part of the game dragged on forever until I could get my skills up.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Also just a heads up for people. Do Peebi's missions as soon as you can as you get a cool prize at the end particularly if your build is tech related. I won't spoil it beyond that.

I am a biotic but the cool thing about this game is you can go to your profile and set up to favorites in your inventory wheel which allows you to swap out skills. So I have one favorite right now that is pure biotic and then another that is more of a Sentinel mixing Tech and Biotics.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So been messing around with a few combinations and my new current favorite is a tech heavy build. I actually ran into trouble on Insanity with a biotic whenever I was fighting big fuckers like architects or dudes that rolled up on you quick with a fuck ton of shields or armor. More so than in previous mass effect games.

So instead I switched to a tech build that has 2 separate pairs of skills.

Overload, Energy Drain, Incinerate - The great thing about these powers is depending on the higher level skills you select, each power can serve as a primer for detonation as well as a detonator itself. So for guys with armor, I just use Incinerate to prime them then detonate with Energy Drain while restoring shields which then primes them again and then I detonate with Overload. By the time you work through that combination, Incinerate should be ready again to repeat the process. For dudes with shields I just start with Overload/Energy first and use Incinerate as the final combo before the powers recharge.

Assault Turret, Remnant VI, Cloak - This build takes full advantage of the Engineer class which offers bonuses for Tech Constructs. So the great thing about this is you essentially get a squad of 5 players as the AT and RVI serve as additional squad mates that deal out damage while taking the enemies attention away from you. If the enemy is still focused on you after deploy both then you simply cloak and the enemies look for one of the other 4 targets allowing you to stay behind cover and shoot the fuck outta people. When they start looking at you again you just hide or cloak and they go back to your squad. The other great thing about AT and RVI is AT primes enemies for detonation and RVI detonates while maxed out so you still get tech combos if you send them after the same target. Remnant VI has a shit ton of healthy and regenerates quickly so it lasts a hell of a long time while AT goes down a bit quicker but explodes in the process. RVI when you max out the health also likes to roll up right in front of the biggest asshole on the field which keeps them occupied while you wipe out the grunts.

So I just switch between these two builds using favorites and I carry the consumable that recharges powers immediately as anytime you switch all the start to recharge powers recharge. So if you can't wait to recharge then you can use the consumable. That's been my best build on Insanity thus far.

The other big tip I would add is once you get to Kadara, there is a merchant/black market dude that is on the main raid heading Northwest out of the Slums in a structure on a hill. The dude basically buys things for the same price as he sells them (not sure if it's a glitch) where's all the other vendors essentially slash prices by more than half when you sell to them. The first time I found the dude, I had a fuck ton of minerals that I could sell and ended up with over 300k in credits by selling him all my minerals and other shit I didn't want. I then used that to buy a fuck ton of Disrupter and Incendiary Ammo as well as Cobra RPG's which help out tremendously on Insanity.

So you differently want to save all you good stuff that you can sell until you find this dude. At this point I am not sure if it's a glitch or whether they intended it because his prices are really so much better than everyone else's its ridiculous.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
As far as I'm concerned this series ended at ME2. Final mission was so good.

ME3 was a disappointment and was the second to last straw for me as far as EA and their studios were concerned. I miss good bioware.