2015-2016 Blackhawks Off season thread

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
:yep: #CalledIt ...that's called bringing it back.

Desjardins signed a 2 year 800K avg deal to come back to the Hawks.

Wow, that is a great price. He only got a 50k raise. I thought he would try to leverage his position into 1mil AAV from somebody.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good sign. He's great on the 4th line

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh, he is an upgrade, but he clogs the Rockford pipeline. We have a set fourth line if we want it, but likely Shaw, and potentially Kruger could move up to 3.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you think its an accident that the grinder, Kruger, is the last man standing in the epic 3OT brawl?

It made me warm to see the team celebrate that one.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anaheim really showed off the Hawks. Game 5 showed the determination of The Captain who always finds the necessary WILL when it matters most, when his team needs it most.

Game 6 was the Hawks opportunity this year to show, in addition to the Nashville and Lighting series, the level of Hawks play when they are down 2-1, or worse...when you face a back to the corner hawks with 3 losses.

Saad's goal in game 6 Anaheim to go ahead was why he got 6 AV for 6. Kanes goal in game 6, is why he is one of the greatest of all time. What the fuck was that? Whats going on? This is NHL hockey?

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Meh, he is an upgrade, but he clogs the Rockford pipeline.

No he doesn't. Any of the Rockford guys outplay him and he'll be the 13th F and a healthy scratch most nights. He's fantastic depth for 800k.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anaheim really showed off the Hawks. Game 5 showed the determination of The Captain who always finds the necessary WILL when it matters most, when his team needs it most.

Game 6 was the Hawks opportunity this year to show, in addition to the Nashville and Lighting series, the level of Hawks play when they are down 2-1, or worse...when you face a back to the corner hawks with 3 losses.

Saad's goal in game 6 Anaheim to go ahead was why he got 6 AV for 6. Kanes goal in game 6, is why he is one of the greatest of all time. What the fuck was that? Whats going on? This is NHL hockey?

That's Hockey Baby!
[video=youtube;dTUnVui447Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTUnVui447Q[/video]

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No he doesn't. Any of the Rockford guys outplay him and he'll be the 13th F and a healthy scratch most nights. He's fantastic depth for 800k.

Does this mean Carcillo's history with the Hawks?

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
It's been a quiet few days, but it looks like Sharp & Bickell will be moved sooner rather than later because Oduya and Kruger can't wait forever. Oduya and Kruger have probably told Bowman how long they'll wait and he's going to use every second of that time to try and find the best return. My guess is something gives by the end of this week. Updated roster with Oduya taking a slight discount to remain with the team:

Panarin (.85) - Toews (10.5) - Hossa (5.275)
Versteeg (2.2) - Anisimov (3.28) - Kane (10.5)
Dano (.925) - Teravainan (.9) - Tikhonov (1.04)
Desjardins (.8) - Kruger (2) - Shaw (2)
Morin (.8)

Keith (5.54) - Seabrook (5.8)
Oduya (3.05) - Hjalmarsson (4.1)
van Riemsdyk (.925) - Johns (.8)
Rundblad (1)

Crawford (6)
Darling (.6)

Reserve (.85)

Total = 69.735
Cap = 71.4

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's been a quiet few days, but it looks like Sharp & Bickell will be moved sooner rather than later because Oduya and Kruger can't wait forever. Oduya and Kruger have probably told Bowman how long they'll wait and he's going to use every second of that time to try and find the best return. My guess is something gives by the end of this week. Updated roster with Oduya taking a slight discount to remain with the team:

Versteeg (2.2) - Anisimov (3.28) - Kane (10.5)
Dano (.925) - Teravainan (.9) - Tikhonov (1.04)
Morin (.8)

Oduya (3.05) - Hjalmarsson (4.1)
Rundblad (1)

Crawford (6)
Darling (.6)

Reserve (.85)

Total = 69.735
Cap = 71.4
How confident are you that Tikhonov and Panarin will actually be 3rd and 1st line players?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Oduya is potentially as important as Sharp at this age of themselves.

I don't mind.

I think we will be in great cap shape for the foreseeable future if we are indeed able to move Bigfoot and Sharpshooter.

I would very much be intrigued by keeping that defense together with Crawford and see what we can do going forward.

There might even be enough money to extend Seabrook. I'd like to keep that four together until we know what Johns is.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
And for all the chicken-little's out there, in the event of a "worst case scenario" where Bickell is too hurt to be traded but not hurt enough to go on LTIR, here's how things shake out:

Dano (.925) - Anisimov (3.28) - Kane (10.5)
Morin (.8) - Teravainan (.9) - Tikhonov (1.04)
Bickell (4)

Oduya (2.915) - Hjalmarsson (4.1)
Rundblad (1)

Crawford (6)
Darling (.6)

Reserve (.85)

Total = 71.4
Cap = 71.4

Dano moves up a line, Morin takes Bickell's place and Bickell plays when he's able, and Oduya takes a bit more of a pay cut.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
How confident are you that Tikhonov and Panarin will actually be 3rd and 1st line players?

I think Panarin will be a 40-50 point player this year, and think of it this way--what other options do the Hawks have for the 1st LW? Versteeg on the top line? No. Maybe Dano although I think he works better 2nd/3rd.

As for Tikhonov, he's a fairly known quantity physically and defensively, and he has NHL/North American experience. I like him on the 3rd line because it keeps Shaw's energy and offense on the 4th line, but they could flip.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Panarin will be a 40-50 point player this year, and think of it this way--what other options do the Hawks have for the 1st LW? Versteeg on the top line? No. Maybe Dano although I think he works better 2nd/3rd.

As for Tikhonov, he's a fairly known quantity physically and defensively, and he has NHL/North American experience. I like him on the 3rd line because it keeps Shaw's energy and offense on the 4th line, but they could flip.

I'm in agreement with you. I think you have an option of Teuvo, Panarin, or Versteeg at 1LW.

I do like the idea of Teuvo and Dano together on the third. I actually love those lines with Tikhonov, Teuvo, Dano.

But like I said this team is fascinating in line pairings. You have the hockey set line pairing, but given what we saw in playoffs we have some interesting things to see next year.

Kane-Teuvo with either Toews or Panarin or Dano.

You have the Slovakians to try. Dano and Hossa. That might be the least likely of these. We have an entire Russian line.

Panarin-Asinimov-Tikhonov

Of course the exploration of Kane with different centers, its tough to project who fits Kane best so this year is exciting as we have 4 NHL centers and two 20 year olds who might be ready plus the farm. Find Kanes soulmate!!

What I saw with Teuvo-Kane was a ton of pressure not he defense to the point of them almost being frozen. Tuevo could absolutely be Kane's soulmate from what we saw in playoffs. Whether he needs a center in the middle is yet to be known. But that big russian between them could be pretty. Its autocorrect that switches the ue in Teuvo

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sold on any prospect from the AHL/Canadian juniors/college/euro leagues ect... being penciled into the line up at this point. Lets wait for prospects camp/ training camp and see how things shake out and who earns the roster spots.