2015-2016 Blackhawks Off season thread

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It does make keeping him impossible and undesirable... because you got a guy 2 years younger at likely 800k-1.5mil cheaper than you could of kept Oduya at.

The hawks have won 3 cups with hardly any physicality at Defense on this club.. it's not something crucial or even systematically desirable on D. Seabs since Q arrived adjusted his game to it and it's got an advantage for a puck moving club. It was Johns because Dallas wanted someone who could play for them hopefully this season, that leads to only being TVR, Johns, Or Pokka as the targets. TVR already showed good NHL ability skating and Pokka has higher upside still so you keep him.

Great post and I agree, but I still won't mind seeing a couple physical Dmen out there at some point. Punish their forwards causing turnovers, clear the crease...
I miss that.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clyde - are u the one who got Italianbeef banned from HFboards? Saw you're over there too.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clyde - are u the one who got Italianbeef banned from HFboards? Saw you're over there too.

Don't worry bout it.... you should be more concerned about the rags losing the little guy (MSL) Your overpaid Nash ain't pickin up that slack. Still waiting for your name change "Lemont Grimbutt"

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't worry bout it.... you should be more concerned about the rags losing the little guy (MSL) Your overpaid Nash ain't pickin up that slack. Still waiting for your name change "Lemont Grimbutt"

Come on Spunky.

My next name change will be Omelet O'Grimbutt.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
It does make keeping him impossible and undesirable... because you got a guy 2 years younger at likely 800k-1.5mil cheaper than you could of kept Oduya at.

The hawks have won 3 cups with hardly any physicality at Defense on this club.. it's not something crucial or even systematically desirable on D. Seabs since Q arrived adjusted his game to it and it's got an advantage for a puck moving club. It was Johns because Dallas wanted someone who could play for them hopefully this season, that leads to only being TVR, Johns, Or Pokka as the targets. TVR already showed good NHL ability skating and Pokka has higher upside still so you keep him.

I was told that Oduya had "agreed" to a cap hit at under $4million a year if the Blackhawks could make it work, was told it was over $3.5m but under $4m. He was going to see a raise from his current cap hit, but wasn't going to be what he could get on the open market. Can take it for what it is worth and it is a moot point right now, but just figured I would toss that out there.

Blackhawks certainly have their top 4 figured out...now I'm just hoping that can find a veteran who wants to prove himself on a 1 or 2 year deal for cheap and can help out in the #5/6 spot because going with TVR/Rundblad/Prospects in the 5th and 6th spot could be costly.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

I wish.. no not at all. There are plenty of hyper arrogant types on there and it's a great place to use ignore features. Though I just recall him when he came here then looked in the threads and saw he was agitating people about how they didn't think Crawford was bad and needed to go so he got in their bid-ness.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
So.... I've been thinking how the Hawks are going to be able to get more cap space and if they were to trade Bickell, who might take him. The Jets outside of Ladd don't have any decent LWers, and they have plenty of cap space. Wonder if they'll take Bickell and send us Mark Stuart to alleviate some cap space, considering they have 10 d on their roster.

Maybe Canadiens for Tom Gilbert?

Maybe Florida will send us Olsen back?

Pittsburgh for Cole?

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So.... I've been thinking how the Hawks are going to be able to get more cap space and if they were to trade Bickell, who might take him. The Jets outside of Ladd don't have any decent LWers, and they have plenty of cap space. Wonder if they'll take Bickell and send us Mark Stuart to alleviate some cap space, considering they have 10 d on their roster.

Pittsburgh for Cole?

I don't think we can trade Bickell without paying at least 2,000,000 in salary personally. I'd rather keep him and let him be our tough guy that can play a little. He is the only guy on this team that can win a fight. And Tikhonov.

I looked into this Garbutt fuck. What a prick. He's like a douche bag version of Shaw with zero cool factor or able to laugh about it all being part of the game. He's just a little evil dick head who scored 8 goals last year. He's the new joke, the Carbomb.

Ton

Liked Posts:
I don't think we can trade Bickell without paying at least 2,000,000 in salary personally. I'd rather keep him and let him be our tough guy that can play a little. He is the only guy on this team that can win a fight. And Tikhonov.

I looked into this Garbutt fuck. What a prick. He's like a douche bag version of Shaw with zero cool factor or able to laugh about it all being part of the game. He's just a little evil dick head who scored 8 goals last year. He's the new joke, the Carbomb.

Garbutt has some skill and a lot of speed and grit. He could be one of the faster skaters on the team. I think hes way better than Carcillo and fits in with this team.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
I wish.. no not at all. There are plenty of hyper arrogant types on there and it's a great place to use ignore features. Though I just recall him when he came here then looked in the threads and saw he was agitating people about how they didn't think Crawford was bad and needed to go so he got in their bid-ness.

If by "agitating" you mean "arguing with". People have really thin skin over there. I visit there once in a while and see people posting stuff all the time far worse that what allegedly got me banned. It's all about who you know, I guess. If you're tight with a mod, you can post whatever you like.

Grimson wouldn't last a week over there.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:

Pittsburgh for Cole?

The Oilers could use some protection for McDavid...

We could use a little snarl around here... ;)

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If by "agitating" you mean "arguing with". People have really thin skin over there. I visit there once in a while and see people posting stuff all the time far worse that what allegedly got me banned. It's all about who you know, I guess. If you're tight with a mod, you can post whatever you like.

:troll:

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

I've been on HF Boards since 2008.

I received one infraction and that was in the World Cup thread last June.

Just don't be an ass, and you're fine.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've been on HF Boards since 2008.

I received one infraction and that was in the World Cup thread last June.

Just don't be an ass, and you're fine.

Last time I signed on over there was about a year ago. My account was hacked, they don't have very good security on there but that was my only complaint. Does Italian beef have a problem with u from some drama over there? I've always wondered why he's been going after u since he joined ccs...

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
Last time I signed on over there was about a year ago. My account was hacked, they don't have very good security on there but that was my only complaint. Does Italian beef have a problem with u from some drama over there? I've always wondered why he's been going after u since he joined ccs...

You've got the wrong end of the stick...