2015-2016 Blackhawks Off season thread

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They got a 5th round draft pick after giving up a 3rd though, so hard to say it is a positive that they got a draft pick. Not the greatest hockey deal here as both prospects aren't close to NHL ready and probably a good chance that they may never be, but obviously one that had to be made in order to clear some cap space. Very surprised that Bickell couldn't be dealt in some way, but maybe teams just wanted the Blackhawks to add in too much. Hopefully Bickell can have a real nice bounce back season...it will be needed.

My bad. I just skimmed the tweet. I missed that we gave up a third rounder.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Per General Fanager, this gives the Hawks $4.6 million in cap space now.

Important to note though. That is obviously without whatever Kruger will sign for. Also, that is with only 6 dmen and Panarin not on the NHL roster. Panarin and TT will (hopefully if they perform well) have some bonuses that will be applied towards either this year's cap or the next.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Kruger signed a one-year deal. Waiting on the cap hit.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
If Bickell is moved I think Kruger re-signs the multiple year deal. If they can't move Bickell but have to just move Steeger or Shaw, something like that. Then I think it'll just be a 1 year deal

#CalledIt

1 year deal with Kruger announced.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Apparently this is how Toews spends his offseason...

jonathan-toews-water-bottle-pop.gif

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Plenty of UFA "vets" have invites to the Blackhawks' camp this year.

Paille, Kopecky, Cumiskey, Hejda, Visnovsky and Rozsival. Should be interesting to see what happens and if any of these players can earn a contract (with the Blackhawks or with another NHL team).