2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I always forget Vlade is a GM...or PBO whatever they call it nowadays

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't trade Rose for Cousins you crazy. Boogie is desired but not worth the headache. Plus you have to pay him a max, after prying him away with assets.

If the Lakers are truly offering a #2 than Kings be crazy not to pair Okafor with Karl. Offensive dream.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is a better chance of George Karl being fired before he ever coaches a game for them than there is of the Kings trading Cousins.

Head case or not, you keep a guy with that kind of talent. I love Karl's mind and passion for the game, but you need to adjust to your star player at a certain point. Don't just give up automatically. That is a terrible way of doing business or coaching in this league.

Yeah, Boogie is a head case. But that guy is one of the 10-20 best players in basketball. This time, the Kings owner is right... and that guy is off his walker most of the time.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Talking about Cousins the player that comes to mind is Zack Randolph. Puts up the numbers without question but primarily does it for the numbers. Took a long tome before he played on a winning team, Memphis has a lot of very good players around him yet they still are coming up short. He seems to have stretches where he's a team player but he still reverts back to 'me first' and it stalls out the team.

Like others said, Cousins seems to need a coach who can push him to be more a part of the team and not just rack up stats while not bruising his ego pushing him too hard so he rebels. Great for fantasy ball but in real life, team chemistry, having to coddle a player so he doesn't become a disruption isn't worth the good looking stat sheet.

I highly disagree with this. Randolph is a major reason why the grizz are as good as they are. he is 10x the worker that cousins is and he actually plays a lil bit of defense unlike cousins. and Randolph is a much better passer. the only thing they have in common is they are 20/10 guys

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I highly disagree with this. Randolph is a major reason why the grizz are as good as they are. he is 10x the worker that cousins is and he actually plays a lil bit of defense unlike cousins. and Randolph is a much better passer. the only thing they have in common is they are 20/10 guys
This is a mature Zbo though. Back in the day, you could say Zbo was a team cancer.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
This is a mature Zbo though. Back in the day, you could say Zbo was a team cancer.

fair enough, but all the more reason to not compare a player in his early 20's to a player in his 30's :shrug:

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Demarcus Cousins is a monster but we have no way of getting him. Now they're saying Karl wants to trade him to the Nuggets for Lawson and Faried. He sure seems to have a hard on for Lawson.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
what could we offer? Jimmy Butler?

Lakers supposedly offering #2 & Randle

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Demarcus Cousins is a monster but we have no way of getting him. Now they're saying Karl wants to trade him to the Nuggets for Lawson and Faried. He sure seems to have a hard on for Lawson.

Lawson DID go to North Carolina.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

why would we even want cousins? not sure he would even fit into what your boy hoiberg wants to do

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

Jimmy is restricted. If he decides to leave chicago, he decides where the bulls can trade him. I doubt he would want to go to the kings.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
why would we even want cousins? not sure he would even fit into what your boy hoiberg wants to do

i agree

my post was more to say we don't have anything to offer

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
i agree

my post was more to say we don't have anything to offer

word, I concur with that. I want nothing to do with cousins personally....empty stats

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think a package starting with noah, gibson, or rose would work. The bulls at least need to make an attempt. Even if it means blowing the whole thing up.

Why would you trade for a guy that's been a headcase in a losing situation in order to blow it up? Doesn't make sense. Is he all of a sudden going to be less of a headcase moving from a losing Kings team to a blownup Bulls that would also be losing?

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd flip every asset we have at getting Cousins.

Jo, Niko, Dougie, Snell, #22 and giving the Kings their pick back is what I'd throw at Sacramento while taking back Thompson....but they'd easily turn that down.

However, don't underestimate Niko's Montenegro connection with Vlade. George Karl doesn't believe in draft picks/young players and always wants to win now---maybe he believes Jo can provide him that? The young pieces in this deal could get Sac's front office to buy into Karl, but I doubt it.

This would be a major reach to get Cousins, but it would probably be the best the Bulls could do.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's pie in the sky to think he's even going to get traded... let alone to Chicago.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Why would you trade for a guy that's been a headcase in a losing situation in order to blow it up? Doesn't make sense. Is he all of a sudden going to be less of a headcase moving from a losing Kings team to a blownup Bulls that would also be losing?

Rose isn't a headcase?