DeMarcus Cousins

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say Rose is a headcase in the way Cousins is for Sacramento.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I wouldn't say Rose is a headcase in the way Cousins is for Sacramento.
I'd agree with you, but there is some bullshit going around and I can't side with a mod right now.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is a fun article for how every team could get Cousins or in the Knicks case what they have left to try to get Cousins.

[video]http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25223142/a-guide-to-your-favorite-nba-team-trading-for-demarcus-cousins[/video]

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
There is a better chance of George Karl being fired before he ever coaches a game for them than there is of the Kings trading Cousins.

Head case or not, you keep a guy with that kind of talent. I love Karl's mind and passion for the game, but you need to adjust to your star player at a certain point. Don't just give up automatically. That is a terrible way of doing business or coaching in this league.

Yeah, Boogie is a head case. But that guy is one of the 10-20 best players in basketball. This time, the Kings owner is right... and that guy is off his walker most of the time.

He coached 30 games for them last year and didn't get fired. Maybe Karl saw all he needed to see in those 30 games to assess whether DMC was a player whom he could work with and would truly commit to winning in Sacramento. Who really knows. When Karl denied the reports yesterday, he stated that if DMC is committed to the team and to winning, he's behind him 120%. I doubt he would've said that if he didn't think DMC wasn't all in on what he was trying to establish there and in it for the long term. There's no saying that his mindset could change but it doesn't seem like Karl is being entirely unreasonable in that request.

We are talking about a coach who dealt with Shaun Kemp for 6 seasons, and had the Sonics as perennial Finals contenders for 5 of those 6 years. He got Allen Iverson, the most difficult player to ever be coached in the NBA, to buy into his system. He knows a thing or two about dealing with difficult star players, getting them to buy in, and winning with them. Don't think for a second that the Kings did not bring him in without considering those very facts.

You hear a lot of things around the NBA Draft that never end up happening and it's difficult to say that this is one of them, but I feel this is a little more overblown than people are making it out to be. We'll see what happens in the coming weeks but I think there's a very good chance DMC is still a King when the season starts.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
If I'm Boogie Cousins why would I want to come to a Chicago team that would be gutted getting me? This makes no sense to me. Pass.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
You're basically throwing in the towel. And Cousins is Center. You need to build around a center & it's throwing in the towel. Plus the next couple drafts are supposed to be weak.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
One has more ability and is a rarer player in the league right now. Your chances of finding another Rose is a lot higher these days than finding another Cousins.

its rare which has caused it to be outdated...not many teams bang in the post these days

we're aren't getting him regardless

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
its rare which has caused it to be outdated...not many teams bang in the post these days

we're aren't getting him regardless

That makes absolutely no sense. Why the hell are two big men hands down the top two picks in the draft?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
That makes absolutely no sense. Why the hell are two big men hands down the top two picks in the draft?

Towns is the perfect center for todays game actually

however im not that high on Okafor for the same reason im not crazy about DMC...hes too post centric and Okafor can't even hit free throws and doesn't project to be a good defender either....i'd honestly go with Russell @ #2

but hes so skilled in the post teams will think they are making a mistake by not picking him even though they know the game is trending away from post play and end up with Al Jefferson part deluxe

which isn't bad but who wants to build around Al Jefferson...especially these days

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Towns is the perfect center for todays game actually

however im not that high on Okafor for the same reason im not crazy about DMC...hes too post centric and Okafor can't even hit free throws and doesn't project to be a good defender either....i'd honestly go with Russell @ #2

but hes so skilled in the post teams will think they are making a mistake by not picking him even though they know the game is trending away from post play and end up with Al Jefferson part deluxe

which isn't bad but who wants to build around Al Jefferson...especially these days

The game isn't trending away from skilled low post big men...low post big men aren't around. Big difference. If there were more of them...more teams would build their teams around them. You are absolutely fooling yourself if you don't think teams would make room for a Patrick Ewing or a Alonzo Mourning in today's game.

What was Lebron doing in the Finals? The game is trending towards what skillsets are available. Building around big men still works. Al Jefferson isn't on Demarcus Cousins' level by the way. And why would the Bulls spend so much time looking for low post scorers if they were no longer valid? Pau Gasol didn't help the Bulls with his low post scoring ability?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
The game isn't trending away from skilled low post big men...low post big men aren't around. Big difference. If there were more of them...more teams would build their teams around them. You are absolutely fooling yourself if you don't think teams would make room for a Patrick Ewing or a Alonzo Mourning in today's game.

What was Lebron doing in the Finals? The game is trending towards what skillsets are available. Building around big men still works. Al Jefferson isn't on Demarcus Cousins' level by the way. And why would the Bulls spend so much time looking for low post scorers if they were no longer valid? Pau Gasol didn't help the Bulls with his low post scoring ability?

you're right there isn't many thats why its fading out and teams are looking to speed up, spread out and move the ball

i guess teams would go against the grain for a all-time great center like Ewing however Okafor and DMC aren't and wont be all-time great centers so that doesn't really apply

i wasn't crazy about of Gasol in the post and felt we should've used him more in the pick & pop...when Gasol posted up the offense became stagnate and he was only converting at 41% so yeah...offense was more fluid in pick & pop

the Al Jefferson comparison was for Okafor

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Towns can step out & hit Jumpers like a wing. He's working on his three point shot so he can play inside or outside.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody is getting drafted ahead of Towns and Okafor. Both are worthy #1 picks and would be so in most draft years outside of the greats (Davis/Lebron).

Okafor is one of the most unstoppalbe offensive big men in a very long time. The draft discussion and drama is all just silly, don't buy into it. Nobody is going to pass on chance to pick up either player. Likely Towns gets the edge based on conditioning and work ethic, compete level.

Fine.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To an extent here we need to root for karl to have the best chance possible to finish above 10th place and turn their first to us before it becomes a second round pick. We acquired that protected pick in the Deng deal but now we are in the threatening to be worthless range.

Whether the Kings keep Cousins or not, and whether Karl can lead the team with or without to a playoff sniffing season is incredibly important to our Bulls future.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To an extent here we need to root for karl to have the best chance possible to finish above 10th place and turn their first to us before it becomes a second round pick. We acquired that protected pick in the Deng deal but now we are in the threatening to be worthless range.

Whether the Kings keep Cousins or not, and whether Karl can lead the team with or without to a playoff sniffing season is incredibly important to our Bulls future.

Karl will be fired because he wants them to get rid of the cancer Cousins. Owner wants him so Karl will get rich on the Kings money while doing nothing and Cousins will continue to be a big dufus.