DeMarcus Cousins

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Demarcus cousins might be available for trade. What would you offer the kings?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
He wants to leave because of George Karl.

Sissy. He'd get chewed up by Pax by the allstar break.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
He wants to leave because of George Karl.

Sissy. He'd get chewed up by Pax by the allstar break.

That's a little bit disingenuous of you to say. When has pax ever chewed out a player? He might do that to a coach but never a player.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've always liked Dcuz. Wonder what it would take to pry him away.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
D Cousins needs a special kind of coach. Hoiberg is too unknown of coach at this point to know if he could handle a Cousins.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
D Cousins needs a special kind of coach. Hoiberg is too unknown of coach at this point to know if he could handle a Cousins.
Pretty much this. When you have a headcase like Cousins, you must have the personnel in place to handle him and his crazy. We kind of have a guy like that in Noah, but Cousins is a whole other level imo. Not sure if Hoiberg would be able to keep him sane enough. But if he could...Cousins would be a monster.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Pretty much this. When you have a headcase like Cousins, you must have the personnel in place to handle him and his crazy. We kind of have a guy like that in Noah, but Cousins is a whole other level imo. Not sure if Hoiberg would be able to keep him sane enough. But if he could...Cousins would be a monster.

This management thinks the same way. They are too conservative and don't want to trade assets. That's why we never get the big fish. This bulls team will never win a championship unless they take some risks.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Talking about Cousins the player that comes to mind is Zack Randolph. Puts up the numbers without question but primarily does it for the numbers. Took a long tome before he played on a winning team, Memphis has a lot of very good players around him yet they still are coming up short. He seems to have stretches where he's a team player but he still reverts back to 'me first' and it stalls out the team.

Like others said, Cousins seems to need a coach who can push him to be more a part of the team and not just rack up stats while not bruising his ego pushing him too hard so he rebels. Great for fantasy ball but in real life, team chemistry, having to coddle a player so he doesn't become a disruption isn't worth the good looking stat sheet.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This management thinks the same way. They are too conservative and don't want to trade assets. That's why we never get the big fish. This bulls team will never win a championship unless they take some risks.
Well also consider what it'd take to get Cousins. We don't have those assets anyway. Mike and Mike were talking about Cousins being traded to LA for the #2 pick. The only thing remotely close that we have to that is Jimmy and trading Jimmy for Cousins is not productive because we need both to be contenders.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well also consider what it'd take to get Cousins. We don't have those assets anyway. Mike and Mike were talking about Cousins being traded to LA for the #2 pick. The only thing remotely close that we have to that is Jimmy and trading Jimmy for Cousins is not productive because we need both to be contenders.
There's a rumor of a 3 way trade out there.. The Kings get Vuc and #5, Magic get #2 and #6 and Lakers get Cousins.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's a rumor of a 3 way trade out there.. The Kings get Vuc and #5, Magic get #2 and #6 and Lakers get Cousins.
And we still have nothing to match those assets. That'd be a good trade for all teams involved though. Magic get Okafor to replace Vuc and they can nab someone else at #6 or flip that for a vet. Kings get a pretty good C to replace Cousins with and still get a high pick to work with. Lakers get what they want.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I think a package starting with noah, gibson, or rose would work. The bulls at least need to make an attempt. Even if it means blowing the whole thing up.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think a package starting with noah, gibson, or rose would work. The bulls at least need to make an attempt. Even if it means blowing the whole thing up.
How do you know they're not?

I also highly doubt the Kings want three broken players for Cousins.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
How do you know they're not?

I also highly doubt the Kings want three broken players for Cousins.

Because if they were, there would be at least one report saying they inquired about him.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Because if they were, there would be at least one report saying they inquired about him.
Not necessarily. Not all rumors break out in the media, just like not all rumors are even true. Some reporters simply make up shit...or get bad sources.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Vlade Divac said yesterday that there is no way the team is trading their best player.