Phil Jackson: 'No structure, discipline' with NBA offenses

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
While I agree with some of Phil's comments, I think he dead wrong about the direction of the league. The past 5 years the league has been moving more toward team play than away from it. Just look at the majority of teams that competed in the playoffs. Outside of the Heat, Rockets, Cavs & Pelicans this year, almost every team played a more team oriented style. The era of the ISO is all but dead and it's quite obvious. The Heat were an aberration because you 3 of the best players in the league all joining together in their primes. It's no shock that they won a couple titles that way, but they nearly only won a single title if not for a failed secured defensive rebound and a miracle 3 by the greatest 3 point shooter of all time.

Though, one thing I am getting tired of hearing now is how the 90's Warriors and 00's Suns were too ahead of their time for small ball. Ummm, NO, just NO. The reason the Warriors won with small ball is because they actually DEFENDED the ball. Not only that, they were one of the best in the league at doing it! This notion that the 00's Suns or 90's Warriors could win it all today still playing the style they played is ludicrous. Small ball will only work if you defend the other side of the ball. That's what Kerr proved this year.
And the 90's Warriors weren't really small ball, it was more so run and gun... The showtime Lakers were run and gun, but they could actually defend as well.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
And the 90's Warriors weren't really small ball, it was more so run and gun... The showtime Lakers were run and gun, but they could actually defend as well.

Exactly. It's this revisionist history crap I can't stand.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hes been a front office exec for 1 year and his star player got hurt early on and youre already trashing him as an exec?? typical over reaction

The guy runs his mouth way too much to the media and via social media. He's made some moves that are head-scratchingly bad.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The guy runs his mouth way too much to the media and via social media. He's made some moves that are head-scratchingly bad.

you have to consider that every media outlet in the world that reports basketball wants to hear what comes out of his mouth. and what are these said "head scratchingly bad" moves you speak of??

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Hiring Derrick fisher

so you don't like the fisher hire we get that....but why? no coach in the NBA could have done much with that knicks roster last year so its pretty hard to tell the quality of coach fisher is or will be

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
so you don't like the fisher hire we get that....but why? no coach in the NBA could have done much with that knicks roster last year so its pretty hard to tell the quality of coach fisher is or will be

They were 10-43 before Carmelo went down.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Frank Isola took some time out from ripping the Bulls on twitter and shredded Phil Jackson

http://nydn.us/1IrwBBR

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Frank Isola took some time out from ripping the Bulls on twitter and shredded Phil Jackson

http://nydn.us/1IrwBBR

hahahaha and how many times did mike or kobe win a title without phil? nuff said, franky boy can go kick rocks

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
And Phil needed two (future) HOF'ers each time to win his titles. What the hell is your point?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
hahahaha and how many times did mike or kobe win a title without phil? nuff said, franky boy can go kick rocks

the tweet was for lulz...nobody is questioning him as a coach

the article is about how he has halfassed and doesn't seem to care to much about being GM and franky boy has a point there...we'll see what happens this offseason...i feel forcing the triangle is gonna be a mistake though

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He drafted Porzingis though...now I think he may be going senile :lol:

everyone is knocking the pick....but then what if dude ends up being a baller? the jury is still out on every single one of these players drafted. towns could end up a bust for all we know. but since its a foreign white dude everyone in NY hates the pick :shrug:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
everyone is knocking the pick....but then what if dude ends up being a baller? the jury is still out on every single one of these players drafted. towns could end up a bust for all we know. but since its a foreign white dude everyone in NY hates the pick :shrug:
EVERYONE'S FIRST IMPRESSIONS ARE CORRECT DUH! PORTIS IS TEAGUE IN PF FORM AND TOWNS WILL BE THE FACE OF THE NBA!!!!!!

:derbulls: