Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We can only hope. As a Duke fan I really wanted Tyus Jones but offensive points in the post is very much needed. Gasol is aging, Noah is Noah'ing, etc.
I think I would've preferred Tyus Jones too. Or even RJ Hunter. But GarPax tends to know what they're doing with the draft so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Also he's not a white dude from Iowa or a random guy from New Mexico so he breaks that silly trend that was posted earlier in the offseason lol.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
truth be told im kinda burnt out on midget point guards so i wasn't crazy about Tyus

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I guess based off the scouting videos we could've done worse for a PF. Maybe the FO is looking at moving Taj at first opportunity and using him as a replacement.

Maybe? Gibson was one of Thibs guys. For sure he'll be gone. So will Noah and then Butler next year. 5th place in the east here we come:(

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think I would've preferred Tyus Jones too. Or even RJ Hunter. But GarPax tends to know what they're doing with the draft so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Also he's not a white dude from Iowa or a random guy from New Mexico so he breaks that silly trend that was posted earlier in the offseason lol.

He "knows what he's doing in the draft"? Yeah, that McDermott trade up was so very good. Smell is wonderful. They are top heavy with bigs and he drafts another big. They have one of the weakest assortment of guards in the NBA with none of them able to distribute the ball. Gar is an idiot and Paxson is worse.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He "knows what he's doing in the draft"? Yeah, that McDermott trade up was so very good. Smell is wonderful. They are top heavy with bigs and he drafts another big. They have one of the weakest assortment of guards in the NBA with none of them able to distribute the ball. Gar is an idiot and Paxson is worse.
Do you do anything except complain?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Do you do anything except complain?

the perfect picture to describe him

old-man-cloud.jpg

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Solid player. Surprised he fell to y'all. This guy was a big time player in the SEC. Lucky he was able to fall to y'all. Good player.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:

Yes. We should have stuck with Krause and his great draft records in the post dynasty days.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Krause was actually pretty good when it came to judging players talent

i don't think he put enough on the mental aspect though...the players he picked had skills but where lazy (Curry) or crazy (Artest)....but truthfully his drafting wasn't as bad as ppl make it out to be post-jordan

2 defensive players of the year that were both all-stars and key pieces on championship teams (Artest/Tyson) a 2x 6th man of the the year (Crawford) and 2x All-Star (Brand)

never got to see what became of Jay Williams unfortunately and Curry was a good low post scorer but never had the drive...so really it wasn't that bad...if those guys woulda put it together he would have built a good team

Liked Posts:
I must be the only person here who absolutely hates this pick. We didn't need another big. If the Bulls FO (who hasn't looked more incompetent than now) wanted a big, why not do a S/T Butler with the Lakers for #2 and take Noah's replacement in Okafor (a Chicago native), then pitch a Chicago trio to Anthony Davis and have a lineup like this

PG: Rose
SG: Snell / McDermott
SF: Mirotic
PF: Davis
C: Okafor

Then you might as well throw together a Chicago quartet to Parker and in 5 years have this lineup

PG: Rose
SG: Parker
SF: Mirotic
PF: Davis
C: Okafor

Pipe Dream? DUHHH

Awesome? HELL YES!

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
i don't think they came in with the intentions of a drafting a big

they probably planned to draft a guard (Grant or Wright) but both of those guys were taken and Portis was mocked as a lottery pick but slipped so it made sense to just cash in on the value even though we didn't need another big

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
He could still get traded.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
During his interview on Comcast, I don't think he blinked once. His eyes are terrifying. Looks like Plaxico after a coffee and crack binge.

Haha I thought the same thing.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Projected Bulls depth chart and lineup:

PG: Rose/Brooks (?)/Moore

SG: Butler*/Snell

SF: Dunleavy (?)/McDermott/(?)

PF: Gibson/Mirotić/Portis/Bairstow

C: Gasol/Noah

I really believe Noah will be gone this year. I think after the poor year he had and the quick decline will add to that. I think GarPax may see Rose, Noah, Butler won't win a championship and with Noah being the weakest link he will be gone. That will hopefully give Gibson or Mirotic time to play Noah's spot and hopefully Portis develops into something. Although I can see Gibson getting traded too.