Better Sign Oduya

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This defense won with nearly just 4. Gotta keep those 4. I know we are cap suffering from Hammer already and Seabrook needs more, but just play whatever free agent bullshit games you gotta play with the forwards and see what this group and

Missing out on Reilly and Kylingtion D this weekend really hurts us. We gotta pay Oduya now in my opinion, not because Johns can't be #4, but because then we don't have a 5 or a 6 better than our hope in TVR until Pokka gets here and I wouldn't even try that next year yet.

But I'm not for Oduya if you don't resign Seabrook. Gotta keep Seabs.

Fuck the cap is going to get narly in a few more years. Hawks are gonna have to actually trade kane to Buffalo at some point or some crazy shit.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
This defense won with nearly just 4. Gotta keep those 4. I know we are cap suffering from Hammer already and Seabrook needs more, but just play whatever free agent bullshit games you gotta play with the forwards and see what this group and

Missing out on Reilly and Kylingtion D this weekend really hurts us. We gotta pay Oduya now in my opinion, not because Johns can't be #4, but because then we don't have a 5 or a 6 better than our hope in TVR until Pokka gets here and I wouldn't even try that next year yet.

Fuck the cap is going to get narly in a few more years. Hawks are gonna have to actually trade kane to Buffalo at some point or some crazy shit.

Hawks will never trade Kane anytime soon. Plus.... Kane with Eichel? Can you imagine?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:

I'll pass on Oduya. He was great (at times) while he was here, but he is getting older now, and it's time to let some of the kids in Rockford a chance to establish themselves as a top 4 defender in the NHL.

TVR is a fine option for the 5 or 6 dman with a chance to get better over time.

Johns should easily be a guy that can play with Hammer. He was dominating at the AHL level last season.

Pokka is probably a top 4 guy, but he needs more time to develop.

Paliotta has all the tools but does he need a season in the AHL like Johns?

Svic

Liked Posts:
Rather give a bunch of young guys chance to learn and get experience so we can be in it after a year or two again like after 2010... No reason to sign oduya

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
It stinks that Reilly went to Minn, but plenty of young prospects to look at. I wouldn't panic sign Oduya again.

They may suffer in the short term, but don't spend any of Seabs' or Saad's money on a soon to be 34-year old defenseman.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Seabrook won't be back in 2017 unless he takes a paycut.

Think you could say the same for Oduya, right now.

Also, I wouldn't get too worried about Kane's future with the team, Rask. That salary cap is going to keep going up. In the 2007-2008 season it was just $50.3 million. In eight years it went up about 40 percent. Using those projections we'd be around $100 million by 2023-2024.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah...but by then Saad's contract won't be a bridge contract, Teuvo will need a bridge or more, and the lucky Panarin alleviation will be gone. Hopefully we can get some picks back for this wave of veterans and get some life into the systems future.

I think a variety of factors make 2015-16 another cup run, however 2016-17 is the year that looks difficult to me. Maybe Pokka, Johns, and Forslong will save us.

Fucking Reilly bitch. Damn Hayes ***.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
You really need to get off this Kylington shit. The Hawks past him up, just like the other 29 teams in the league, some even twice! He wasn't going to be on our team in the fall and probably is a year or two away.

I'll keep Oduya if he takes less money, but right now, he's going to get more than his last contract else where.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator