If you could take any player

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
IMO Luck would make the Bears immediate contenders and that's why you take him..

Plus the dude has the most awesome neck beard

the beard is extra throat protection. better a whisker pulls out than rip the skin open. plus talking about other dudes beards can indicate one likes "legislation from the bench"

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
why would you take Rodgers when he has only a few years left whereas Luck is just starting out and a great up and coming franchise qb
Oooh, oooh! I'll take this one!!

He thinks Rodgers is better than Luck right now. You didn't specify if you meant for one year or not.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
the beard is extra throat protection. better a whisker pulls out than rip the skin open. plus talking about other dudes beards can indicate one likes "legislation from the bench"

The phrase “legislating from the bench” is at best misleading, and analysis of its historical application reveals its necessity.

Andrew Luck>>>Kyle Orton in the neck beard HOF

james sanders

DE/OLB
Liked Posts:
tebowx-large.jpg

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
The phrase “legislating from the bench” is at best misleading, and analysis of its historical application reveals its necessity.
*chuckle* just checking if you caught that -- i was making a joke insinuating commenting on a dude's facial hair might indicate one would approve of a recent Supreme Court decision. But I can guess you got that, you're just ignoring it and making a new point.

The phrase is not "misleading".

Understanding the prime constitutional duties of the legislative and judicial branches are essential to understanding the angst & insinuation, of the phrase. The phrase assumes the correct understanding of the basic legislative and judicial powers regarding laws.

It's only "misleading" to people who don't understand the basic foundation of their own country -- like a foreigner who doesn't speak English reads a US road sign incorrectly. One shouldn't call the sign misleading, rather the reader is ignorant.

The Court decides if a law is constitutional or not. It can't make any laws. And so, citing a current decision, the Supreme Court did not make gay marriage legal in all the states -- that would be a law -- rather it set a judicial precedent that any law barring gay marriage would be found unconstitutional -- (without reading the entire recent decision, I would assume the decision was based on the 14th amendment that all laws must apply to everyone equally.)

The question is, on a case by case basis, is the Court correctly determining if the law is constitutional, or are they purposely misinterpreting parts of the Constitution to validate their own personal wishes to declare a law unconstitutional or not. That's the behavior the phrase is damning.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
why would you take Rodgers when he has only a few years left whereas Luck is just starting out and a great up and coming franchise qb
Yes because Rodgers is better than Luck.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:
I would love to see Rodgers be in a Bears uni. The haters would slowly turn from being jaded, closet homophobes to his biggest fan. It would be extremely comical from an outsiders point of view.

What's a closet homophobe? I never really understood being a "homophobe." That word either means somebody who doesn't want to take it up the ass(which is a majority position), or somebody who doesn't like gay dudes. Why would somebody need to be in the closet about not liking gay dudes? Are you saying they should be more open about it? It's probably not the best thing to voice stuff like that all the time either..

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some thriving traffic generated by this thread hbk.

I will go w/ Luck.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But if you take Rodgers, that significantly weakens a conference opponent. That is twice the value over Luck

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would love to see Rodgers be in a Bears uni. The haters would slowly turn from being jaded, closet homophobes to his biggest fan. It would be extremely comical from an outsiders point of view.

pfft, you could say that about any team or rivalry. Shit, you could say it about Belicheat.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Because Luck still has to show he can get those turnovers under control. Last year seemed like maybe a breakout year, but would like to see one more. Take a look at the stats and its not even close. Its basically insane how good Rodgers is. And dude is not overly reliant on athleticism that is gon fade any time soon. Dude is gon be around 5+ years at least.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's a closet homophobe? I never really understood being a "homophobe." That word either means somebody who doesn't want to take it up the ass(which is a majority position), or somebody who doesn't like gay dudes. Why would somebody need to be in the closet about not liking gay dudes? Are you saying they should be more open about it? It's probably not the best thing to voice stuff like that all the time either..

Phobia refers to fear. Does that clear it up for you?

Liked Posts:
Even though I do believe that Rodgers is currently the best QB in the NFL, I just can't bring myself to take him.

I'll take J.J. Watt, & draft Cody Kessler out of U.S.C. for my QB.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because Luck still has to show he can get those turnovers under control. Last year seemed like maybe a breakout year, but would like to see one more. Take a look at the stats and its not even close. Its basically insane how good Rodgers is. And dude is not overly reliant on athleticism that is gon fade any time soon. Dude is gon be around 5+ years at least.

Exactly this. What Rodgers has done is historic and Luck still isn't protective of the ball enough. He's a great player but he's not on Rodgers level. Frankly I don't think he ever will be. Which isn't a knock on him. Rodgers might be the best to ever play the game if he keeps this up for another 4-6 years.