If you could take any player

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fucking gay

Im sure you have a reason or are you still waiting to copy one from the folks you follow here. Everyone was going to say QB, so I went with the current best RB. Why so much butthurt?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes because Rodgers is better than Luck.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I don't think he is by a whole lot and your gonna get 10 more years or more out of luck be lucky to get 5 outta rodgers

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think he is by a whole lot and your gonna get 10 more years or more out of luck be lucky to get 5 outta rodgers

Well when you asked who I'd take if I could have any player in the league, I assumed you meant to help a team win now. I didn't realize we were talking about a 6+ year rebuilding process. So if I'm being asked who I want on my team to help me win, my answer is going to be the best player at the most important position on the field. And right now that's Rodgers. And I don't think it's all that close. Luck is great and can get the offense down the field but Rodgers is just in a league by himself.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well when you asked who I'd take if I could have any player in the league, I assumed you meant to help a team win now. I didn't realize we were talking about a 6+ year rebuilding process. So if I'm being asked who I want on my team to help me win, my answer is going to be the best player at the most important position on the field. And right now that's Rodgers. And I don't think it's all that close. Luck is great and can get the offense down the field but Rodgers is just in a league by himself.

I agree Rodgers is most likely the best in the game atm so if it was win now I can see where your coming from there but in the win now scenario for the bears id prolly look for a stud defensive leader for the bears

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I agree Rodgers is most likely the best in the game atm so if it was win now I can see where your coming from there but in the win now scenario for the bears id prolly look for a stud defensive leader for the bears

Rodgers gets us a lot closer to winning a SB than JJ Watt does. Taking Rodgers also gets rid of the turnover prone QB we have now.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Luck, there is still a little bit of gamble. Yeah, the payoff is a lot more time with him.

But Rodgers is proven. The way he has cycled through WRs, shitty OL's, shitty D's, dude has always held up his end.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd say QB is the key position and Rodgers is the very best. You should have made this more challenging, HBGay

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
You have to go QB in today's NFL. Luck is the obvious choice, but I'd go Rodgers for just one year as well.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People know Rodgers is only 31 right?

I mean shit,

Drew Brees is 36
Brady is 37
Manning is 39
Favre retired at 41

Its depressing as fuck, but Rodgers is gon be around for a lot more years.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You have to go QB in today's NFL. Luck is the obvious choice, but I'd go Rodgers for just one year as well.

If anyone were to choose Luck, we would still have to play GB with an Aaron Rodgers lead offense for the next 6+ years.

The choice is obvious, you take Rodgers, immediately pick up two conference wins against a Rodgers less GB, and your in the playoffs for at least the next 6+ years. The answer to this question is so blatantly obvious it isn't funny.

As much as I like J.J. Watt, choosing him, or any defensive player for that matter, would be ridiculous within the context of how the question was asked. It would make for a better question if the OP would have allowed us to pick two players, one offensive and one defensive.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

This and these convos should always refer to one contract cycle which Rodgers can still fulfill.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
With Luck, there is still a little bit of gamble. Yeah, the payoff is a lot more time with him.

But Rodgers is proven. The way he has cycled through WRs, shitty OL's, shitty D's, dude has always held up his end.
I see what you did there.:lol:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
its funny cuz when you say the gay guy you all mean the one 2 hours north dating a fox and not the one dating a tranny

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would love to see Rodgers be in a Bears uni. The haters would slowly turn from being jaded, closet homophobes to his biggest fan. It would be extremely comical from an outsiders point of view.

It would be comical from an insiders view as well

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
We could pick up Rodgers and keep Jay as a backup. Then Jay could finally get some love from the fans

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shit, I was hoping we could ship Jay to GB, another win for the bears!

As much as I love Jay, the gb roster and Jay vs our roster and Rodgers would be otherworldly unfair

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If anyone were to choose Luck, we would still have to play GB with an Aaron Rodgers lead offense for the next 6+ years.

The choice is obvious, you take Rodgers, immediately pick up two conference wins against a Rodgers less GB, and your in the playoffs for at least the next 6+ years. The answer to this question is so blatantly obvious it isn't funny.

As much as I like J.J. Watt, choosing him, or any defensive player for that matter, would be ridiculous within the context of how the question was asked. It would make for a better question if the OP would have allowed us to pick two players, one offensive and one defensive.

How is that more challenging? Is someone taking Von Miller over Watt? Revis island?

Watt is so far above normal its not challenging either.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

How is that more challenging? Is someone taking Von Miller over Watt? Revis island?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

watt is fucking ridiculous for sure that dudes in a league of his own if he doesn't end up a first ballot hof'er I dunno who the fuck would be