If you could take any player

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
if we expand this to nba rosters.. id just take lebron as use him exactly like the saint did jimmy graham. its chicago, so some bum will be under center.. just have him throw jump balls all day..

You think Lebron bitches now? Just wait till he gets jacked up by a linebacker.

AussieBear

You think Lebron bitches now? Just wait till he gets jacked up by a linebacker.

eh.. the nfl has gone soft.. he wont be getting too many hard shots.. he would abuse lbs and smaller dbs all day though

AussieBear

yes yes..

give me lebron at te,usain bolt at wr and the real jeff george at QB.. sb bound... hell, cutty george 2.0 and even the sex cannon would suffice .. just chuck it deep

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Hometown Jimmy......duh you flippin idiot.

Jk but is a close 2nd to Aaron Rodgers who is going to go down as the GOAT.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Any person who doesn't say Aaron Rodgers needs their head examined.

Period. End of story.

JJ Watt is a close second, but QB is the most impactful position in sports.

The answer to this entire thread is Aaron Rodgers.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
IMO Luck would make the Bears immediate contenders and that's why you take him..

Plus the dude has the most awesome neck beard

The fact that he's always at the top of the QB rankings in picks doesn't bug you?

Aaron Rodgers is the best player in the NFL and still relatively young. That's player you take.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
eh.. the nfl has gone soft.. he wont be getting too many hard shots.. he would abuse lbs and smaller dbs all day though

Yes, because a guy who hasn't played football since 5th grade would of course 'abuse' the best players in the world at their sport who condition for THAT sport?

As for 'smaller' - umm, no. Smaller guys like Bob Sanders, John Lynch, Aeneas Williams and others routinely destroyed players much bigger than them.

As for 'no hard shots' - ask Brandon Marshall about that. A very tall man who is a ridiculous physical specimen took a hit that cracked ribs and did some internal damage and sidelined him for the year. Hard hits, regardless of what the NFL is doing around penalties, are part of the game. Any player catching the ball will take hard hits. Many of them. From very strong violent men.

Lebron would take more harder hits in one NFL football game than he has his entire NBA career

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Any person who doesn't say Aaron Rodgers needs their head examined.

Period. End of story.

JJ Watt is a close second, but QB is the most impactful position in sports.

The answer to this entire thread is Aaron Rodgers.

Wait JJ Watt is the close one?

The 25 year old QB who just threw for 4700+yds, 40tds, 16ints and who won two playoff games last year isn't the close 2nd?

Have fun going 2-14 with the best defensive player in the league which doesn't mean much.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
People know Rodgers is only 31 right?

I mean shit,

Drew Brees is 36
Brady is 37
Manning is 39
Favre retired at 41

Its depressing as fuck, but Rodgers is gon be around for a lot more years.

It's kind of funny that the same people treating Rodgers as though he's at the end of the line or a "1 year option" at 31 are the same people who defended signing a 30 year old Jay Cutler to a 7 year deal.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Rodgers, he's still young enough that you'll get 4-5 years of his prime, and a couple years where he's still good (I don't think he's going to break down).

Watching Watt on defense would be pretty fun though.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
tebowx-large.jpg

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler would beat out Rodgers and win the starting spot. Rodgers would just ride the bench.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Seriously, if it's for next year, it's for Aaron fucking Rodgers. If it's the next five years, it's probably still Aaron fucking Rodgers. If it's the next ten years, it's Andrew mother fuckin Luck.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Ok just trying to generate some new discussion here

it wont cost the bears nothing you get an easy button you can take any 1 player currently on an nfl roster and place him on the bears roster. Who would ya take and why?

For me id have to say Andrew Luck kids the real deal franchise qb and just now starting to really hit his stride

Luck or Watt, and I am not sure it's even that close behind them, but I am more of a Bears fan than an NFL fan, so I am probably not the best person to answer the question right now.

Also, Teblowz look like Tarzan, play like Jane.....and in football that's true very often. He probably should have eschewed all the presses (heavy benches/overhead work) for more flexibility in his shoulder girdle from the looks of his delivery.