Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
During a recent interview on "The Adam and Joe" radio show, Wilson said God will guide where he ends up next in his football career.

"I know God's going to take me and put me where he wants to have me. I hope that's Seattle. I love it there, it's a great place."

However, if God has other plans for him, then Wilson said he is "ready to go" wherever that may be.

The football star and his agent Mark Rodgers are currently looking to land the athlete a five-year deal in the range of $150 million, since his four-year $2.99 million rookie contract is coming to an end. Wilson really wants to stay with the Seattle Seahawks, but he is keeping his options open.

"The one thing I know is it's a business, and business is an interesting thing. I just look at it that way. I've always understood I would be at this point at some time. It will work out however it's supposed to work out. We'll find out what happens," he said.

So, I guess God is speaking to Wilson through his contract negotiations. Apparently, he is saying,
" Go to the team that gives you the most paper with my name on it."

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I read that Wilson has informed the hawks that he wants to be the highest paid player in the league. Didn't see that coming from him. Its a shame, I thought he was a good dude.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
how is this bears related are you saying pace is negotiating with wilsons agent ???????:deer:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I read that Wilson has informed the hawks that he wants to be the highest paid player in the league. Didn't see that coming from him. Its a shame, I thought he was a good dude.
Nah, he is still a great guy. Who is he to defy the word of God?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
how is this bears related are you saying pace is negotiating with wilsons agent ???????:deer:
R Wilson's impending monster contract will knock Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler's deal down one more rung. #underpaid.

Fixed.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Dear Russell Wilson,

God is clearly a Chicago Bears fan.

Bear Down,

Jesus

Honestly, is there a way we could find a way to rig Wilson's bedroom with a speaker or something? And every now and again, in a godly kind of voice just whisper, "Chicago Bears"

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Dear Russell Wilson,

God is clearly a Chicago Bears fan.

Bear Down,

Jesus

Honestly, is there a way we could find a way to rig Wilson's bedroom with a speaker or something? And every now and again, in a godly kind of voice just whisper, "Chicago Bears"
Good QB, but vastly overrated. He has benefited immensely from that defense and a crazy home field advantage. Making him the highest paid player in the NFL makes as much sense as it would have to make McMahon the highest paid player of his time.

If he gets the money he is looking for, esp. if it is with a lesser talented team will make Cutlers contract look like a steal.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm a fan of how Wilson plays and I say no to that.

Let him play out his contract and try for the open market. He might find his options somewhat limited. He might find a team desperate enough to pay that kind of money for him but I doubt he will bring a ring to that team. Like others have said that kind of money tends to limit team options, especially a talent loaded team like Seattle that has already paid decent money to key players.

The sad part is that if he keeps going this route he is looking at losing a substantial sum in endorsement deals. He could possibly make Manning type money hocking things. He has a great reputation, is photogenic (a lot more than Payton anyway) and has a up from the bootstraps homespun story that makes him very marketable. Any money he might miss out on in contracts he would make up in one year with endorsement deals. Seattle may not be the market city like Dallas or New York is but these days that doesn't really matter. Indianapolis wasn't a big market either yet Payton Manning leveraged that clean cut All American boy image into some serious cash.

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
It would be far easier to just throw this 2015 season and draft Hackenberg with the first overall draft pick in 2016.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Good QB, but vastly overrated. He has benefited immensely from that defense and a crazy home field advantage. Making him the highest paid player in the NFL makes as much sense as it would have to make McMahon the highest paid player of his time.

If he gets the money he is looking for, esp. if it is with a lesser talented team will make Cutlers contract look like a steal.

But but but but but.... #6.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:

Meh. I honestly think Wilson is one of the best in the league. The OL hasn't played good his entire career and he's constantly keeping drives alive.

IMO he's top 5 with being young enough to give a top deal too.

Add in that Seattle has essentially had a top 1/2 QB for a 3rd rounder's salary and he's due.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Meh. I honestly think Wilson is one of the best in the league. The OL hasn't played good his entire career and he's constantly keeping drives alive.

IMO he's top 5 with being young enough to give a top deal too.

Add in that Seattle has essentially had a top 1/2 QB for a 3rd rounder's salary and he's due.

That is bad thinking my friend. You don't pay a player for what he has done. You write up the contract for what you project him to do in the future. Just because the Seahawks have gotten more then they have paid for doesn't mean they should pay him more then he is worth.

IMHO I think Seahawk's Defense, Running back, and OLine has had as much or more impact on their success as Wilson.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:

I much rather pay wilson that than pay jay what he got. wilson is a much better QB than he gets credit for. he makes smart decisions, protects the ball, and can actually read Ds and play with sound mechanics.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Seattle showing the NFL how to run a franchise.

Don't pay a QB who threw the ball the fewest amount of times in the league huge money.

2 guys in the league that are worth top dollar, Erin and Brady.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No shit who votes for two years of Kap instead of Jay whatshisexcusethis year ?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Seattle showing the NFL how to run a franchise.

Don't pay
a QB who threw the ball the fewest amount of times in the league huge money.

2 guys in the league that are worth top dollar, Erin and Brady.

except, seattle is likely to end up paying him.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Most likely Wilson will be the highest paid player in the history of the NFL, and the very same year they will not have some the core D players and/or Beast Mode to help carry the team. Seahawks will finish second or maybe even third in the NFCW, and the people will turn on him FAST! Once Wilson is playing from behind and forced to make passes that he is not comfortable making he will be exposed like 90% of players are, because he is not an ELITE talent like Rodgers.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
For the Seahawks having a young dynamic successful QB below cost has been very beneficial, now it's for whom the bell tolls.