[CHI/NYR] Antti Raanta traded to NYR for Ryan Haggerty

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
22 years old.

6'0" 180 lbs

34 pts in 76 games for Hartford last season.

Have fun in Rockford.

Svic

Liked Posts:
I don't know. I know nothing about the kid. Seems kind of small. 4th liner maybe?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/h...n-haggerty-straight-college-article-1.1719649

this article is fascinating on how the Rangers acquired him. Likely he has little eligibility left however he is a player that can probably play and will be in competition with Baun, Panarin, Nordstrom, Danault, McNeil, Hartman for those last few forward spots.

If we just sign Richards, Saad, and Kruger I'm good with next season. Johns, TVR, Forslong, Pokka, Runblaad may be the future on defense to get us through.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Raanta apparently had no future with the Blackhawks. Good luck in NY. We got a decent prospect in return. More depth on the farm

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good pick up for the Rangers. Pretty sure the Rangers have lost confidence in the overpaid Lundqvist.11 million :lmao::obama::aj:is just way too much to be paying a goalie (any goalie) that not only lost in the cup finals to the Kings last year, but allowed 6 goals twice in this years conference finals resulting in a FAILED attempt to get to the cup finals.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good pick up for the Rangers. Pretty sure the Rangers have lost confidence in the overpaid Lundqvist.11 million :lmao::obama::aj:is just way too much to be paying a goalie (any goalie) that not only lost in the cup finals to the Kings last year, but allowed 6 goals twice in this years conference finals resulting in a FAILED attempt to get to the cup finals.

:homer:

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I liked Raanta, but I don't know if he was eligible to go back to Rockford or not, plus if we are pinching pennies, he's more expensive than Darling.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is Haggerty worth? I didn't think Talbot or Lehwan had better resumes than Raanta and his .936 and winning 3 professional games for everyone he loses.

Ottowa got a first round pick and players, and Talbot brought the Rangers back pick 50, 91, and 100 or some bountiful shit.

Haggerty has one season to free agency. No pick back?

Bullshit and give us all your picks for Sharp. damn pissng me off.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just watched every Ryan Haggerty goal for the RPI Engineers in 2013.

He has a little elusiveness to him. Sort of scores a lot from the high post (basketball area), often skating into that area and shooting on the move or chipping it in from the flanks.

Its kind of obvious because Bowman traded for him but he looks like a good fit here as opposed to elsewhere. I don't know if he will be physical enough for Q, but he will be a poor man's Sharp on offense.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But seriously, looking at the other goalie returns you have to think both sides were viewing Haggerty as a third round pick minimum. But I am curious what the value was considered on Raanta.

I'm guessing they viewed Haggerty as a 2nd or 3rd round pick at least in value.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I don't think Raanta is seen as having the same value as Lack or Talbot. And especially Lehner who is highly touted and still just 23.

Even though his numbers this year might be up there, his standing with Q not seeming to trust him or lack of overall impressive previous standing gives him a lack of desire.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think Raanta is seen as having the same value as Lack or Talbot. And especially Lehner who is highly touted and still just 23.

Even though his numbers this year might be up there, his standing with Q not seeming to trust him or lack of overall impressive previous standing gives him a lack of desire.

I'm just not so sure. Rant has good numbers and goalies are worth a ton, plus his contract is cheap. Its my feeling that Bowman and the Rangers attached a bit more value to the Haggerty piece, as high a first rounder, no lower than a third. I think its a franchise asset and was targeted as far more than just a junk add by Bowman. Looking at Ryan's game he is the same type of skilled playmaker we have been targeting in this regime. We are bringing in a specific piece that Stan see's as a good fit here with potential to be a bottom 6 forward next year.

We have to wait and see, but if we indeed lose Sharp, Bickell, and Versteeg I would expect Ryan to be among the final players competing for the 11th-17th forward slots.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Martin Jones was traded for a 1st round pick and prospect.

I like Martin Jones... but really?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blackhawks and Rangers play opposite styles do they not? I think this move put Haggerty in a better position to succeed with a team that fits his style. Now he can skate around like pussy Kane and never touch anybody. Weave in and out and fly in past the blue line and take cheap shots at scoring. Play the blackhawks style and not be brought into a Rangers fracas that didn't suit him and his lithe body and awkward skating style.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Martin Jones was traded for a 1st round pick and prospect.

I like Martin Jones... but really?

seeeee.....thats what I'm talking about. All these goalies are bringing back massive returns how the fuck did we get Ryan haggerty and no pick unless Stan looks at that as an asset. I don't see any way in hell Raanta was worth less than a third. But I'm guessing the value on Haggerty was much higher.