Jimmy Butler and Tom Thibodeau dine together at Gibsons Steakhouse

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Cowley is persistent with his story about Rose/Jimmy tension

im thinking its either legit or hes getting fed bad info by someone...no way hes pulling this out of thin air

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It says he wants to sign with the lakers.
His agent can say whatever team he wants. If Jimmy really wants out of Chicago so badly, he'll leave 85M on the table to do so.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It says he wants to sign with the lakers.
All it says is he hopes to take his talents elsewhere, while not citing a solid reason other than speculation over Thibs and the pretend feud with Rose.

In reality, if you understand the business game, Butler and his agent, mainly his agent, are just trying to get leverage over the Bulls on a deal. They want a shorter deal in order to get a bigger piece of the pie 3 years from now. The agents all drive that kind of thinking because LOL the agent makes more money by doing so.

If you wish to believe Butler does not want to play here in Chicago anymore, by all means go ahead and believe it. Doesn't really mean shit though because Butler is playing here next year unless he really demands a trade and the Bulls actually trade him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cowley is persistent with his story about Rose/Jimmy tension
If their playoff stats were how they played with tension, imagine what they'd be like with no tension!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If their playoff stats were how they played with tension, imagine what they'd be like with no tension!
Unless Game 6 was the source of all the tension. There's a few angles to look at it..

Media just is making shit up as usual.

The media has a source that says there was a feud, which Butler/Rose are now over.

The feud is real and Butler can't get over that Rose quit in Game 6, is pissed Thibs is gone, and doesn't like the direction the team is going in.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
His agent can say whatever team he wants. If Jimmy really wants out of Chicago so badly, he'll leave 85M on the table to do so.

Yeah exactly. But doesn't change the fact that he wants out. If was unrestricted he would sign with the lakers in a heartbeat. Unfortunately for him he might be stuck with the bulls.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Cowely is saying Jimmy wants to be the #1 and is "turned off" by this being "Rose's team" he also took exception to Rose/Noah skipping out on practice....Jimmy has been hanging out with Marky Mark too much if you ask me

A league source again acknowledged that one of the issues that has left Butler willing to play hardball with the Bulls in his push to hit the free-agent market sooner than later was because he’s turned off with the idea that it’s “Derrick Rose’s team.’’

Not that the old coaching regime didn’t see this coming, as the feeling back in training camp was that Rose and Butler were two alpha males that would have a hard time existing and could be headed for a collision of egos.

That relationship didn’t exactly improve as the season went on, either, as Butler took notice of the special treatment Rose, as well as Joakim Noah, received from the team’s director of sports performance, Jen Swanson. In Butler’s mind, while he and the likes of veterans Pau Gasol and Mike Dunleavy were busting it every day they could in practice, Rose and Noah had permission to sit out practices and certain drills under Swanson’s care.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Cowely is saying Jimmy wants to be the #1 and is "turned off" by this being this being "Rose's team" he also took exception to Rose/Noah skipping out on practice

Jimmy has been hanging out with Marky Mark too much if you ask me
And if any of that is true, you trade injury plagued Derrick Rose at this point, especially if he still think he's an alpha. The fans may view it as Rose's team still, but the Bulls don't have to. Derrick Rose should realize that any successful NBA Champion has two alpha's and sometimes more. They learn to co-exist and share the responsibilities as a team. This is not an iso driven league that wins championships.

And the Jen Swanson shit was basically a power move by the front office to control Thibs and get him to stop playing injury plagued players too many minutes. I'd say that won't happen this year with Hoiberg and the FO won't have to worry about minutes being an issue.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
And if any of that is true, you trade injury plagued Derrick Rose at this point, especially if he still think he's an alpha. The fans may view it as Rose's team still, but the Bulls don't have to. Derrick Rose should realize that any successful NBA Champion has two alpha's and sometimes more. They learn to co-exist and share the responsibilities as a team. This is not an iso driven league that wins championships.

And the Jen Swanson shit was basically a power move by the front office to control Thibs and get him to stop playing injury plagued players too many minutes. I'd say that won't happen this year with Hoiberg and the FO won't have to worry about minutes being an issue.

i personally think Jimmy needs to check himself tbh

hes had one good year were he was a 2nd tier all-star....hes not a franchise player

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i personally think Jimmy needs to check himself tbh

hes had one good year were he was a 2nd tier all-star....hes not a franchise player
Right. Butler hasn't proven to anyone that he's a Superstar by any means. Rose once did. Hence the loyalty to it being Rose's team, even if its really not anymore.

Butler has to take another step this year to prove he's in control of the franchise. One year ain't going to do it.

So we'll see if there really are chemistry issues or not.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol exactly.. And if the Bulls offer a max contract to him, no other team can offer anything but a 3 year deal with no options. The Bulls should absolutely offer that.

Otherwise, Butler can sign a 2 year deal with a 1 year player option from my understanding.

And if no team is willing to offer him a 3 year max deal, Butler will have no choice but to sign the 5 year max deal with the Bulls or signed the QO and only make $4 million next season and leave $86.5 million on the table.

As crazy as it would be to leave that money on the table, he could do it if he wants out of Chicago. He wants to be an unrestricted free agent after the 16/17 season.

Here's a good read on How the Bulls keep Butler

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah exactly. But doesn't change the fact that he wants out. If was unrestricted he would sign with the lakers in a heartbeat. Unfortunately for him he might be stuck with the bulls.
So if he really wants to leave Chicago sooooo badly, we'll watch him leave that money on the table. If it happens it happens.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
As crazy as it would be to leave that money on the table, he could do it if he wants out of Chicago. He wants to be an unrestricted free agent after the 16/17 season.

Here's a good read on How the Bulls keep Butler
As much as everyone is saying there's a feud, Butler doesnt want to play here anymore... There's been plenty of Butler saying over and over again he wants to play here. I more so go for the angle of he and his agent and looking for leverage to get a shorter deal. They plan to use LA's cap space for LA to offer a 3 year max contract and then the Bulls will match that. Butler becomes a UFA in 2018 then. At a point where if he continues to perform with consistency, he could get a large max contract.

I think Butler wants the 2 year, 1 year player option, but from what I know of the rules, that won't happen, unless the Bulls don't offer a max to Butler.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Butler can't sign a 1-year deal with anyone except the Bulls. These reports of him wanting a 1-year deal with the Lakers is stupid.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I´m not buying one bit about Butler wanting out of Chicago and that he doesn´t get along with Rose.

That´s just some ESPN shit as always ...

I DO believe that his agent want´s to raise the Price, but that´s all I believe.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I´m not buying one bit about Butler wanting out of Chicago and that he doesn´t get along with Rose.

That´s just some ESPN shit as always ...

I DO believe that his agent want´s to raise the Price, but that´s all I believe.

lets face it Jimmy has hung around Wahlberg too much and has fallen in love with that lifestyle

as Noah would put it hes "Hollywood as Hell"...we have lost him....he is far too gone now...hes taking his talents to Southern California to pair up with D'Angelo Russell, Julius Randle and the Los Angeles Lakers

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
lets face it Jimmy has hung around Wahlberg too much and has fallen in love with that lifestyle

as Noah would put it hes "Hollywood as Hell"...we have lost him....he is far too gone now...hes taking his talents to Southern California to pair up with D'Angelo Russell, Julius Randle and the Los Angeles Lakers

Dont forget lamarcus aldridge. They will probably get him as well.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lakers have tons of money to spend and then you have the salary cap explosion coming up and the last year of Kobe's $20+M contract expiring. Sure Butler wants out. He was one of Thibs guys and knows that Reinsdork is an idiot for keeping the one shot wonder and Garfield Goose.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:

:lmao:

I'm hoping you're joking AG7.

"Hollywood as Hell" Hahaha gimme a break! The problem is people actually believing anything Joe Cowley writes. Joe Cowley replaced Mariotti as Chicago's biggest blowhard sports "writer" years ago. He HATES every Chicago team. His "reporting" is a complete joke of stories flaming the city's teams because he knows it's the only way his writing will get attention. It's actually kind of shrewd when you think about it because it keeps him employed, albeit at the sewage farm that is the Sun-Times.