Jimmy Butler and Tom Thibodeau dine together at Gibsons Steakhouse

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I´m not buying one bit about Butler wanting out of Chicago and that he doesn´t get along with Rose.

That´s just some ESPN shit as always ...

I DO believe that his agent want´s to raise the Price, but that´s all I believe.

It was everybody BUT ESPN that reported this. Butler feels he is a better player than Rose most likely. He could be using LA as leverage...he could be serious. But after last season, anyone who doesn't think Butler and Rose have issues is fooling themselves.

If Butler signs that one year deal with LA...you KNOW something is wrong...

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
:lmao:

I'm hoping you're joking AG7.

"Hollywood as Hell" Hahaha gimme a break! The problem is people actually believing anything Joe Cowley writes. Joe Cowley replaced Mariotti as Chicago's biggest blowhard sports "writer" years ago. He HATES every Chicago team. His "reporting" is a complete joke of stories flaming the city's teams because he knows it's the only way his writing will get attention. It's actually kind of shrewd when you think about it because it keeps him employed, albeit at the sewage farm that is the Sun-Times.

yeah i was being over dramatic

as far as Cowley reports im kinda in the middle with half believing half not...i mean Cowley did have the scoop about Noah's knee last year...i think its believable he has a source from thibs team feeding him info

i think Hoiberg will get things panned out though...a better offense could do wonders...this is the type of stuff you get when you have no system in place on offense and only care about defense

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was everybody BUT ESPN that reported this. Butler feels he is a better player than Rose most likely. He could be using LA as leverage...he could be serious. But after last season, anyone who doesn't think Butler and Rose have issues is fooling themselves.

I could see Jimmy viewing himself as the better player last year. I wouldn't disagree with him. That said, I'd like to think they can work it out next year. But absolutely if Butler signs the one year QO only (he can't sign a one year deal with LA according to CBA rules I believe), we know something is horribly, horribly wrong.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

You're like a broken record. He can't sign a 1 year deal with the Lakers. From what I understand, he can sign a 1 year QO with Chicago and then be a free agent, which is a huge gamble and has literally never happened. He'd be turning down something like 90 million and would be paid around 2 million.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

Dunleavy says it's chatter

‘‘I think a lot of that stuff as far as Jimmy’s and Derrick’s relationship is just chatter,’’ he said. ‘‘I think there’s chatter as far as free agency in general.’’

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
:obama:

Butler cannot sign anything but a 3 year deal with any other team at this point as the Bulls offered the max qualifying offer.

The MQO also prevents poison pill provisions with any other team. Butler is completely in the Bulls hands. The only thing he can do is sign the QO for 1 year and leave next year if he wants out that badly. And he'll leave a lot of money behind.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
Aside from the last game against the Cavs, what are the other examples of friction between Jimmy and DRose last season? I honestly don't remember anything.

czman

Liked Posts:
:obama:

Butler cannot sign anything but a 3 year deal with any other team at this point as the Bulls offered the max qualifying offer.

The MQO also prevents poison pill provisions with any other team. Butler is completely in the Bulls hands. The only thing he can do is sign the QO for 1 year and leave next year if he wants out that badly. And he'll leave a lot of money behind.

Poison pill contracts are only available for the Gilbert Arenas provision. That is a player coming off a 2 year deal. the max qualifying offer just means teams have to offer at least 3 years instead of 2.