Intelligent Response Only or don't click on this

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So not everyone like you said before?

No, I've said repeatedly that they have to draft higher if they're serious about finding a franchise QB. The odds of success are much higher in the first round.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Can Fangio work his magic with the personnel he has been blessed with ? ..... going with this idea secondarily, do you think consequently Allen and McC are goin bye bye ?

Not this yr with the talent, or lack thereof, on the roster and age at key positions....**looks at 3 old/slow and or small DBs**

Can Cutler Get us to the Playoffs in the next 2 yrs ? ...... goin with this idea secondarily, if one says No..... then why the Hell arent we getting rid of this sucker ?

No, we aren't jettisoning Cutler, bc there are no better options RIGHT NOW. I fully expect us to draft a top 5 QB out of college next yr and develop him behind Cutler at the beginning of 2016...hopefully he looks good enough to take the reigns by late that yr. Cutler has a good shot of being your 2016 opening day starter, but things can change...

This is a multi-yr rebuild folks; sit back and relax because it could be fairly ugly next season.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can Fangio work his magic with the personnel he has been blessed with ? ..... going with this idea secondarily, do you think consequently Allen and McC are goin bye bye ?

Not this yr with the talent, or lack thereof, on the roster and age at key positions....**looks at 3 old/slow and or small DBs**

Can Cutler Get us to the Playoffs in the next 2 yrs ? ...... goin with this idea secondarily, if one says No..... then why the Hell arent we getting rid of this sucker ?

No, we aren't jettisoning Cutler, bc there are no better options RIGHT NOW. I fully expect us to draft a top 5 QB out of college next yr and develop him behind Cutler at the beginning of 2016...hopefully he looks good enough to take the reigns by late that yr. Cutler has a good shot of being your 2016 opening day starter, but things can change...

This is a multi-yr rebuild folks; sit back and relax because it could be fairly ugly next season.

The problem trying to draft a top 5 QB out of college is that some years that top 5 list of QBs will have some talent no better than a David Fales level talent.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
The problem trying to draft a top 5 QB out of college is that some years that top 5 list of QBs will have some talent no better than a David Fales level talent.

Right, and I believe there are some good QBs coming out next yr in the most probable scenarios.

Next question....

I think it'll probably be 2nd to 4th anyway...

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2nd to 4th best QB over the next coupla years has to bring us somebody more reliable than Cutler.... one can hope ......

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
2nd to 4th best QB over the next coupla years has to bring us somebody more reliable than Cutler.... one can hope ......

Welcome to the world that most NFL franchises inhabit.

There are 8-11 guys who can play NFL QB at a really high level right now on earth, the 20 or so teams that don't have one are stuck looking/developing/drafting.

That's what the NFL has largely become with the shift to pass happy/offensive football.