Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
:shibe:

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure why we did this outside of just a depth piece. I know he was an RFA, but I'm surprised we didn't just offer him the minimum.

Maybe if they could work on his defensive positioning he'd be a decent #8 defenseman.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Ton

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure why we did this outside of just a depth piece. I know he was an RFA, but I'm surprised we didn't just offer him the minimum.

Maybe if they could work on his defensive positioning he'd be a decent #8 defenseman.

Idk... that traffic cone is going to be tough competition.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Leaves us with 7.1 million to resign Saad and Kruger as well as 2 more forwards and 2 more defensemen.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will take Rundblad over Rozival... but that is really not saying much.... its like "I will take eating a dog turd over eating a hippo turd"... I mean either way you are eating a turd...

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe TVR and Rundblad can trade.... Rundblad can teach TVR how to look dreamy and TVR can teach Rundblad how to play defense.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like this signing. I saw some good efforts from Runblaad against Nashville, and Anaheim, and isn't his +- numbers stuff of legend?

I don't think its as accident as I like the way he goes about being involved on offense and isn't just a defenseman that will pass only. Like Keith, or Oduya he will push the puck and force you to stop his puck handling not just feint in.

I think we are getting a progressing player with upside and physical enforcement potential. Its good depth anyway.

And with Johns, TVR, Pokka, Forslong all rising behind him I think this move will end in a trade that brings back a pick at some point.

Just my prediction.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If I was playing with Keith or Seabs I bet my +/- would be amazing too

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I will take Rundblad over Rozival... but that is really not saying much.... its like "I will take eating a dog turd over eating a hippo turd"... I mean either way you are eating a turd...

I don't know any person who would take Rundblad over Rozsival when it comes to playing defense and actually helping (or not hurting) the team. Not happy that Rundblad may be around for 2 more years. He showed nothing to prove that he is a NHL defenseman or a guy that you would want as your #7.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like this signing. I saw some good efforts from Runblaad against Nashville, and Anaheim, and isn't his +- numbers stuff of legend?

I don't think its as accident as I like the way he goes about being involved on offense and isn't just a defenseman that will pass only. Like Keith, or Oduya he will push the puck and force you to stop his puck handling not just feint in.

I think we are getting a progressing player with upside and physical enforcement potential. Its good depth anyway.

And with Johns, TVR, Pokka, Forslong all rising behind him I think this move will end in a trade that brings back a pick at some point.

Just my prediction.

Rundblad?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm lukewarm on this--it doesn't really hurt nor does it really help. Assuming Sharp is ditched with no returning salary, Bickell is retained, and Saad makes 5.9M AAV that leave all open slots +13F and 7D with about 1M per slot. This deal falls under that regime. It looks better is Saad is signed for less and Bickell is diched.

Overall though he's not much (better than Rosie over the course of the season IMHO) and if paired with a Stay-at-home D he shouldn't be too much of a liability.

Probably could have been signed for 750k AAV though.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure anyone here it seems watched the same David Runblad I saw. His defending was poor, and that's being kind. Offensively sure, he has a hard shot and was made some okay head man passes but that does not make up for his defensive abilities. I don't remember seeing him throw his weight around and looked a bit like Bambi on skates.

For a bottom pairing dman, you want someone who can at least contribute on special teams, primarily the PK, to take some pressure off your top pairing guys. I'd rather have Rozy as our 6th dman cause at least he could kill penalties and block shots.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not sure anyone here it seems watched the same David Runblad I saw. His defending was poor, and that's being kind. Offensively sure, he has a hard shot and was made some okay head man passes but that does not make up for his defensive abilities. I don't remember seeing him throw his weight around and looked a bit like Bambi on skates.

For a bottom pairing dman, you want someone who can at least contribute on special teams, primarily the PK, to take some pressure off your top pairing guys. I'd rather have Rozy as our 6th dman cause at least he could kill penalties and block shots.

He only did that over the course of 1 playoff series all year. The rest of the year he distilled goatloads.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't know any person who would take Rundblad over Rozsival when it comes to playing defense and actually helping (or not hurting) the team. Not happy that Rundblad may be around for 2 more years. He showed nothing to prove that he is a NHL defenseman or a guy that you would want as your #7.

Idk if you know this, but I am a person.... and you do know me....

IMO Both guys will derp hard af on defense but at least Rundblad has some legs under him to try to stay in the play...

Rozival needed to retire 2 years ago.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are we this desperate? What did he do to deserve to be resigned? Who's getting resigned next, Nordstrom?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Again, I'm Meh. on this. If we resigned Rosival I would have busted a forehead vein.

He's got NHL experience and he's at least quick enough to not go from blueline to blueline in 12.5 days. With him in the 6/7 slot that means that we've got Seabs, Keith, Hjammer, TVR, XXX, Runblad, xxx. That's 2 slots by rookies and Runblad can always drop into fetching Eddie O his soft serve, or is low price enough that he could be moved pretty easily.

Personally, I thought Cumiskey looked better and probably is worth more of the mil than Runblad (and I think Runblad could have been had for 750k), but overall this doesn't really put the team in a major bind.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:

Just my prediction.

A solid reminder of us missing Leddy, Dahlbeck, Olson, etc...

Having any one of those Dmen would have been a lot better than Rundblad back there.

Are we this desperate? What did he do to deserve to be resigned? Who's getting resigned next, Nordstrom?

What I find funny about this signing is the timing of it.

I don't understand why we signed Rundblad first when Saad, Kruger, and Oduya are still out there waiting to be signed.

Priorities, priorities.... *sigh*