Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because it's not elaborate, I guess it seems odd to me you're arguing against some straw-man of genuineness that I don't get where it comes from. Sure I'm aruging against "my point" because that isn't My Point, but you're propping up it as if it's simply luck. Which is pretty all or nothing silly in both views.

Yes, I feel lucky if my 5th rounder becomes an every down Pro Bowl type player. Doesn't make the pick any less educated or not a good choice. I never said that and you're changing the context again. You argued my point by claiming teams would wait a few rounds to take a desired player they had rated those few rounds higher because they felt smarter than the rest of the league, clearly implying that a GM would risk losing a player they expect to be great to draft guys they hoped would fill the roster because of some imaginary 'consensus' of draft position. Thinking your 1st round grade is every other team's 4th or 5th round grade is the sort of hubris that gets GMs fired. Good GMs have successful picks everywhere in a draft but they take their players in the order of rating vs need vs positional value. Not playing craps.

Of course there are expectations of where guys go when you setup your board but that's your board, not someone else's. Like I said, you don't always draft your highest rated player due to need and position but not for that.

Frankly, it's getting to where there's isn't much point to your position which you happened to start by calling mine 'idiotic'. I'd expect some real, hard hitting, obvious shit to backup that sort of critique instead of now tilting correctness for arguments sake.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Top 3 round picks in the last decade alone ....

Mark Bradley
Cedric Benson
Dusty Dvoracek
Dan Buzuin
Garrett Wolfe
Michael Okwo
Chris Williams
Marcus Harrison
Jarron Gilbert
Jaquin Iglesias
Game Carimi
Chris Conte
Shea McLellin
Brandon Hardin
Jon Bostic

"Ouch" is an understatement. You'd have to actually try really hard to fail that badly in the first three rounds of the draft.

Holy shit is that awful. Its hard to believe that anyone could pick that horrible if they only threw darts at a list of guy's projected draft position. Take the top three rounds of guys predicted draft position and I bet you could do better.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Devin Hester , Daniel Manning, Kyle Fuller, Ego Ferguson, Will Sutton, Kyle Long, Alshon Jeffery, Steven Paea, Mate Forte.v-:, Gregg Olsen, Daniel Manning, Devin Hester . I thought JA was a dolt but he had his hits as well. JA clearly did worse than average but no one bats much over 500.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Devin Hester , Daniel Manning, Kyle Fuller, Ego Ferguson, Will Sutton, Kyle Long, Alshon Jeffery, Steven Paea, Mate Forte.v-:, Gregg Olsen, Daniel Manning, Devin Hester . I thought JA was a dolt but he had his hits as well. JA clearly did worse average but no one bats much over 500.

I'm confused, what are you listing?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
His 1st 3 round hits since Bearmick only listed his misses. Just for balance relative to the post before mine. i'm not defending JA because I think him worse than average.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well, if that's the case: JA didn't draft Fuller, Sutton, Ego, Long, or Jeffery.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I knew that, honest. Either was Bostic who's on that list i responded to. Topic is last ten years and it's difficult to judge Emery's drafts this early. I think you're right and I shouldn't have included most of them for that reason as we don't know yet if they're genuinely good yet anyway. Thanks.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That's why I asked. Wasn't sure if we were still on the prior 10 years thing, or JA exclusively, or what was going on.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Ok buddy, calm down.

It might help if we were talking about the same article. I merely read the one linked in the OP

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts: