Saad Traded to Columbus

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I know a lot of people are just accepting this and saying Bowman's hands were tied. I gotta disagree---It sounds, from all indications, that Saad definitely wanted to stay in Chicago. If it's true that he was devastated by the trade, you gotta think he would've taken significantly lower than what was reported as the initial bargaining point.

I mean, don't you highball your first request; then your opposition lowballs an offer; then you settle in the middle? You don't just say "Fuck it" when the request is too high. Did ANYBODY talk to Saad first? Jesus.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I know a lot of people are just accepting this and saying Bowman's hands were tied. I gotta disagree---It sounds, from all indications, that Saad definitely wanted to stay in Chicago. If it's true that he was devastated by the trade, you gotta think he would've taken significantly lower than what was reported as the initial bargaining point.

I mean, don't you highball your first request; then your opposition lowballs an offer; then you settle in the middle? You don't just say "Fuck it" when the request is too high. Did ANYBODY talk to Saad first? Jesus.

Nothing about this imagined scenario is remotely reasonable.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Yes and no cause there was no real time to negotiate cause the next day he could have got a qualifying offer. And the difference in his contract and asminov is moot because his new contract kicks in next season while saad we would have been on the hook right away this year. If it wasn't for the Rfa deadline, sharp contract, bick contract, and steeg contract we probably would have got things done but then it would have pretty much shut the door on fa additions and keeping guys we already re sign and plan on once we can move a player

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:

Sounds like Saad did want to stay in Chicago, but his agent wanted more money than what the Hawks could offer in such a short amount of time. A potential offer sheet wouldn't help, so moving Saad for what we did actually somewhat helped us salary cap wise as we got 4 NHLers for what it would of cost just for Saad.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator