Saad Traded to Columbus

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Can we send Saad an offer sheet? LOL

I believe Yes actually.

I'm curious why you say Dano is like Kruger.. if you mean that despite his size he can play well defensively and gritty, yeah that's there. But MUCH better offensively and he's just coming off his rookie year at 20. He's Slovakian, gotta keep that effort going but a guy like Dano producing hopefully high and cheap at 925K for two years is exactly what this team needed. I just really really dislike the extra throw-ins for this trade. And Saad was even my favorite player for the past couple seasons

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=781182

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Dano could damn near equal Saad in production. Plus he's a gritty player, something Saad was inconsistent on.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Okay, Saad at 6.5 is too much for him--I get that. We got 2 centers back so that solves some center depth issues. I still have no fucking clue why in the name of the Almighty Herb Brooks did Stan give up prospects for Morin! It's not like Q's going to play him.

I understand why it was done, but this doesn't change the fact that this trade was a Stan fail and it doesn't mean there's not a hollow pit in my stomach.

Good luck in Columbus, Saad.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
this was not the right move

Ton

Liked Posts:
I believe Yes actually.

I'm curious why you say Dano is like Kruger.. if you mean that despite his size he can play well defensively and gritty, yeah that's there. But MUCH better offensively and he's just coming off his rookie year at 20. He's Slovakian, gotta keep that effort going but a guy like Dano producing hopefully high and cheap at 925K for two years is exactly what this team needed. I just really really dislike the extra throw-ins for this trade. And Saad was even my favorite player for the past couple seasons

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=781182

Hes Austrian, and I did mention that he is better than Kruger offensively.

How much better? We will see. I like Dano, but he is still an unknown at this point. I think this deal was more for Dano than anyone else.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Also if Saad did get an offer sheet and the Hawks matched it (say 6.5 million like reported) we would NOT be able to trade him for at least a year.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I shouldn't have posted on here when I was mad but WTF was Stan thinking? I can understand trading Saad but getting that little for him his unforgivable. Morin flat put does not want to be here. I'm completely baffled.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

How much better? We will see. I like Dano, but he is still an unknown at this point. I think this deal was more for Dano than anyone else.

How can one not love a hockey player born in Iron City?

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Shit the UFA market hasn't even started... Who know who might strike out big and need someone like Sharp.

Ton

Liked Posts:
I'm starting to come around if Dano and/or Anisimov can play center effectively. If they can't, then this trade still sucks.

This is all TBD. A lot can go right, and a lot can go wrong. We will see what happens.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

He is of Slovakian descent and grew up in Slovakia. He was just born in Austria.

Anisimov has played center most of his career and he's a good defensive two-way guy with size. I think he's a below 50% winning faceoff guy though but so was Richards. Oddly it seems like when Anisimov was hurt is when Dano replaced his role. Playing the majority of time with Scott Hartnell and Alex Wenneberg(who played center over Dano)

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So does this mean we keeping sharp or is he still being traded?

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Bowman says that contract talks with saad "weren't even close" and that an offer sheet came into play. Biggest things with draft picks is you never know what you are going to get (Kyle Beach). At least right now we have Dano who did very well as a rookie in his short stint with the BJs and Anisimov who will be our 3rd line center as Richards is more than likely gone.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Shit the UFA market hasn't even started... Who know who might strike out big and need someone like Sharp.

Still going to have to find a 2nd line C (prety sure Anisimov = 3rd liner), a Saad replacement (unless Tevo or Panarin move up to the 1st/2nd line wing), and then a replacement for Sharp if he is indeed shipped out. That's some shitty work needing to be done at the top of the roster. We all knew a purge was coming and hopefully they'll get right back in contention in a year or two like after the last few purges, but losing a long term piece like Saad still sucks ass.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
So does this mean we keeping sharp or is he still being traded?

I haven't done the numbers but Generalfanager.com shows us with a little under 2 million left and we still need to sign 3 defensemen cause Rundblad ain't going to cut it. I would still consider Sharp and Bickell possibly gone.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Still going to have to find a 2nd line C (prety sure Anisimov = 3rd liner), a Saad replacement (unless Tevo or Panarin move up to the 1st/2nd line wing), and then a replacement for Sharp if he is indeed shipped out. That's some shitty work needing to be done at the top of the roster. We all knew a purge was coming and hopefully they'll get right back in contention in a year or two like after the last few purges, but losing a long term piece like Saad still sucks ass.

Your top 6 now looks like:

Teuvo-Toews-Hossa
Panarin/Anisimov-Dano/Anisimov/Teuvo-Kane

That's still better than half the teams in the west top 6.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

Well you have the opportunity to have Dano & Teuvo competing for that role but Anisimov isn't going to not get a chance. His career and skill is mainly that of a 3rd liner but being a center next to Kane is always a different scenario you can't right off as not a significant factor.

I am quite glad though they have added someone to help the transition for Panarin. It's not like you need a Russian guy to help him ease in, but he's new to North America and it's unknown if he knows English well at all. If he struggled to adjust to the club because of some of these factors and Q didn't like him so he didn't make the club and left to the KHL, that would be a significant shame.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Your top 6 now looks like:

Teuvo-Toews-Hossa
Panarin/Anisimov-Dano/Anisimov/Teuvo-Kane

That's still better than half the teams in the west top 6.

Eh... Idk. Looks like a 1 line team to me.