Artem Anisimov Extended 5 Years

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fuck yeah. Watched some rangers YouTube tape on him. Got me pumped.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Brad Richards, we hardly knew ye.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
The extension also doesn't kick in till next season, so we still have AA at his current cap hit.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Reportedly 5 years, $22.75 million. $4.55 million cap hit.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Anisimov extension with the Hawks. 5 yrs. $22.75 mil total.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
More than desired like most deals but if he solidifies the roles lacking for years it will look good for years ongoing.

I wonder what Vermette will gather in FA now.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
A couple of thoughts on this...

Seems like a bit more than you would like. Especially for a player that you have locked up for this year and you don't know how he is going to perform with the team. Could obviously turn into a good deal if he plays well in that 2c spot.

Also - I think this pretty much tells you what the Blackhawks think of TT as a Center in the NHL.

Ton

Liked Posts:
He's not a 2nd line C.

With that said, I think the market for C's is going up, by next year, paying an established 3rd line C $4M will be nothing.

Think about what Vermette is probably going to get this year as an FA... at least $5M. Hes more of a #2/3 C as well.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
It tells you that currently the C depth on the Hawks is Toews/TT/Anisimov/Kruger

Sure it may turn out that way, but I don't believe that is the way the Blackhawks see it. Paying a 3rd line center $4.55m on a cap strapped team isn't going to work out for too long.

I don't believe TT is a center in this league and he still has a ways to go overall. The exciting flashes are there and the skill is obvious. He is young so the consistency and overall impact will come, he still needs to grow into that a little and I believe he will.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sure it may turn out that way, but I don't believe that is the way the Blackhawks see it. Paying a 3rd line center $4.55m on a cap strapped team isn't going to work out for too long.

I don't believe TT is a center in this league and he still has a ways to go overall. The exciting flashes are there and the skill is obvious. He is young so the consistency and overall impact will come, he still needs to grow into that a little and I believe he will.

Anisimov is a 2nd line center. R U HIGH?

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
How do the Blackhawks see it?

Quenneville said for next season he would like to try young forward Teuvo Teravainen at center.

"We'll see how it all shakes out, but I'd definitely want to try that," Quenneville said.

"He has a real good awareness defensively," Quenneville said. "And I think he'll be adaptable down low in his own end. … Strength in the puck area is where he obviously has to be getting better. With experience he'll be able to figure that out quickly."

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Anisimov is a 2nd line center. R U HIGH?

I believe he is more of a 2/3 type guy personally, but the money says plenty in my eyes. Have to believe that the Blackhawks believe he is their 2c going forward for the time being.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe he is more of a 2/3 type guy personally, but the money says plenty in my eyes. Have to believe that the Blackhawks believe he is their 2c going forward for the time being.

He only played 3rd line in Columbus because they already have Johansen and Dubinsky established.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
How do the Blackhawks see it?

Quenneville said for next season he would like to try young forward Teuvo Teravainen at center.

"We'll see how it all shakes out, but I'd definitely want to try that," Quenneville said.

"He has a real good awareness defensively," Quenneville said. "And I think he'll be adaptable down low in his own end. … Strength in the puck area is where he obviously has to be getting better. With experience he'll be able to figure that out quickly."

When will people stop reading into and believing everything that a coach, GM, etc says to the press? Bowman said that Saad was absolutely not going anywhere. Saad said that he was considering a hometown discount. How did all that turn out? Of course Q is going to say that, this is a young player with an exciting future...why squash any part of it? I'm sure we will see TT at center at some point, but it really doesn't mean much.

This is what these people have to say...it doesn't mean it is the truth or even close to it. They are saying the right things, good for them.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
With the option of playing next to Kane, what it takes to be a 2nd line center is very altered.

Q also talked about trying Saad out at center at the start of 2014, and that one didn't take. It's interesting to see what roles could be used with Teuvo-Dano-Shaw now who all have a mix of had played NHL RW last year though have center "potential" limited or not in some case.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Hawks roll four lines. If Anisimov is having a good game, he'll get good minutes. If other lines are rolling...minutes will be down.

The Hawks formula isn't difficult.

Toews/Kruger vs other teams top line.

Kane on ice as much as possible

Q will put Anisimov vs other teams 3rd/4th lines to take advantage of it. I'm sure he'll play some with Kane...some without

He's someone the Hawks don't have in their system. A 27yr old big center. With Yanic able to work with him, I'd bet his faceoffs improve.