Artem Anisimov Extended 5 Years

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
When will people stop reading into and believing everything that a coach, GM, etc says to the press? Bowman said that Saad was absolutely not going anywhere. Saad said that he was considering a hometown discount. How did all that turn out? Of course Q is going to say that, this is a young player with an exciting future...why squash any part of it? I'm sure we will see TT at center at some point, but it really doesn't mean much.

This is what these people have to say...it doesn't mean it is the truth or even close to it. They are saying the right things, good for them.

When will people stop assuming they know how the Blackhawks see things? Your opinion is he isn't a center isn't any more valid that my opinion is he is a center.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Yeah I was wondering if Yanic was still in that role, he is right? He worked great with a young Swede kid why not still only 27 year old ruskie

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I think Teuvo could hack it at center, but I think at this point with Dano and AA both being centers and the Hawks lacking on the wings this would give them an opportunity to have TT play on the 1st line with Toews and Hossa or on the 2nd with Anisimov and Kane. Either line will be dangerous, more so with Kaner and playing against other teams lesser lines.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Dano is much more of a W than TT

Currently...the depth would be something like -
LW/Toews/Hossa
LW/TT/Kane
LW/Anisimov/Dano
LW/Kruger/Shaw

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
This is about giving Q options, not playing "pin the tail on the 2C/3C of the near future". It gives the Hawks the option of playing TT at C or W, whichever works out. Maybe he needs more time to mature, maybe he's ready now. It gives the Hawks the option of playing Dano at C or W, whichever works out. And it also affords them the "option" (read: luxury) of NOT playing Shaw at 3C, which he sucks at.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Russian Bigfoot?

Siberian bigfoot! Anisimov near the Gulag Archipelago.
5-copy.jpg

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone asked why an extension now. Well...obviously we are lucky to get the 3.3 cap hit for 2015. There is likely a reason Anisimov is out of Colombus, I'm sure he wanted a raise an extension, so there is that. But the Blackhawks are being very shrewd. Stan finally solved 2C and he isn't going to let Kane and company boost there stats and price themselves out of their own guy again. He locked him up for the bulk of Kane's prime. This contract will be a steal in 3 years, allowing for health factors.

Wow. I can't believe I've convinced myself to like this trade. Having a prime 2C/3C with size and ability to screen well in front of both goals should really help this team and help to ease the physical loss of Bigfoot. If Bigfoot somehow stays because untradeable, you could leave him with his buddy Kane and have an interesting line of bruisers and Kane.

Meanwhile, Dano is a skilled young forward you would want to take a look at a Dano-Teuvo-Kane line, and of course go Slovakian connection with Dano-Toews-Hossa?

Or Sharp-Dano-Hossa.

The combination possibilities are all so exciting is why I love this trade now. Saad was a great hope and I thought he was a future great that was going to carry this franchise but we already have horses to do that. We only had depth because of the Kane injury.

Kane/Teuvo/Toews/Dano/Panarin/Sharp gives some incredible skill potential on this team.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Nigel Dawes had more goals than Panarin last year in the KHL. Bochenski had more assists than him.

Panarin may be good....in Rockford next year....with Tikhonov

Reactions: Ton

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Nigel Dawes had more goals than Panarin last year in the KHL. Bochenski had more assists than him.

Panarin won't be in Rockford unless he chooses to be, which is unlikely. He has the option to go back to the KHL if he doesn't make and stick in the NHL. Have to believe that the Blackhawks are going to give him plenty of chances because of his contract.

Ton

Liked Posts:

I'm not buying the hype either.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
His whopping contract of 2yrs -812k?

His massive contract clause that he can just leave and go back to the KHL if he doesn't make the NHL Club. He's new to NA but he has now Ainisimov and his buddy Tikinov who signed at a 1.04 Mil 1 year deal here. He's going to do fine fitting in and he has a whole great deal of talent, where he also produced well in the playoffs winning the (maybe better than Stanley cup, at least in title. Yuri Gagarin Cup)

He's not a 20 year old first time playing in the Pros, he's a 23 year old with skill and there is a tendency and trend of how often KHL-NHL point production translates. It's for many reasons completely ignorant to think he's playing in the AHL

Ton

Liked Posts:
His massive contract clause that he can just leave and go back to the KHL if he doesn't make the NHL Club. He's new to NA but he has now Ainisimov and his buddy Tikinov who signed at a 1.04 Mil 1 year deal here. He's going to do fine fitting in and he has a whole great deal of talent, where he also produced well in the playoffs winning the (maybe better than Stanley cup, at least in title. Yuri Gagarin Cup)

He's not a 20 year old first time playing in the Pros, he's a 23 year old with skill and there is a tendency and trend of how often KHL-NHL point production translates. It's for many reasons completely ignorant to think he's playing in the AHL

He may not play in the AHL, but the KHL is a lot closer to the AHL than the NHL in terms of the talent pool.

I'd bet that Panarin and Tikhonov eventually find their way back to Russia before their contracts expire. Bowman hasn't exactly been a genius when it comes down to recruiting talent outside the draft.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The way Q coaches, doesn't matter much what position that you're labeled. His lines never stay together much more than a handful of games anyway....it does appear that he's gonna have a lot of flexibility. Heh, not sure if that's a good thing or not.