Mike Dunleavy re-signs with Chicago Bulls for 14.4 million over 3 years

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 26m26 minutes ago
Bulls knew they would pay competitively to get Dunleavy. Would've done so anyway but cap/luxury tax # possibly coming in higher only helps.

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 22m22 minutes ago
Dunleavy so versatile and subtly effective offensively. Great post entry passer & screener. Moves well without ball. Floor spacer. Great fit

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 6m6 minutes ago
Just talked to Dunleavy: "I'm thrilled to be back. It's a really fair deal. I'm looking forward to playing for (Hoiberg) and love our team."

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 13s13 seconds ago
Cavs' and LBJ's interest in Dunleavy very real. Bond Dunleavy has with teammates and comfort level personally for his family big for Bulls.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
So we have an extra mil to play with next year? :lol:

ehhh i guess so...how much cap are we looking at next year?

anyway its good to hear its a partial guarantee on the 3rd year...not the team option i was hoping but i'll settle

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ehhh i guess so...how much cap are we looking at next year?

anyway its good to hear its a partial guarantee on the 3rd year...not the team option i was hoping but i'll settle
Team options are very rare outside of the rookie deals.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Snell has developed beautifully and McDermot was drafted just last year. Plus Butler. I felt fine about SF.

Its too much money, he is too old. I hate this, we drafted and developed his replacement successfully already, fucking should have let Cleveland have him and let them be stuck with contracts that make it impossible to win even with Lebron.

Are we fucking stupid? damn

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Snell has developed beautifully

wtf.gif

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Snell has developed beautifully and McDermot was drafted just last year. Plus Butler. I felt fine about SF.

Its too much money, he is too old. I hate this, we drafted and developed his replacement successfully already, fucking should have let Cleveland have him and let them be stuck with contracts that make it impossible to win even with Lebron.

Well as I was reminded, 5M is gonna be like the vet min next year

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Snell did not display the consistency to be labeled a starter. He has dabbled with it, but I have to see some more before I declare him a starter. Thibs hindered him in the playoffs anyways.

Doug can actually learn a ton from Dunleavy.

I don't mind re-signing a vet like Dunleavy, and at that price, with the cap going up to what it is, its not really anything.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At times Snell looked like he could break out, but Thibs just seemed to squash it. Was that due to Thibs being clumsy sometimes in his substitution patterns or just a no confidence in Snell.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Glad Dunleavy is back. His presence was missed when he missed all those games in January. He plays the right way.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At times Snell looked like he could break out, but Thibs just seemed to squash it. Was that due to Thibs being clumsy sometimes in his substitution patterns or just a no confidence in Snell.

I thought Snell's shot cooled a little and their just aren't minutes for everybody on this team that was able to play them. Snell showed great promise as a possible Butler level defender though I thought. He can hold his own defensively and would seemingly compliment a backcourt of Rose-Butler because he can defend and doesn't require a lot of shots but has that developing 3 pointer to stretch teams. I don't think its unfair to compare him to a young Bowen....likely the defensive upside isn't quite that, but maybe his value is that of a Rick Fox.

czman

Liked Posts:

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
I feel like they upped the years and price as to keep Dunleavy away from Cleveland. I don't really think its that bad as long as he stays healthy... He has so far with the Bulls. Granted he's 35 and will be 38 at the end of this deal, so its not likely he can stay healthy.. He'll likely look like Mike Miller did this year by the end of this contract. I'd give him one more good year.

I was about to start a thread saying the same thing. I am convinced the Bulls overpaid to keep Dunleavy away from Cleveland. MD would have been a PERFECT fit and Lebron knew it.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
For people that think the number is high:

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/1/8822111/al-farouq-aminu-free-agent-blazers-nba-2015
Al-Farouq Aminu agrees to 4-year, $30 million deal with Blazers.

Look at some of these numbers.
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/6/30/8874215/nba-free-agent-rumors-2015-list-tracker

The NBA has officially gone haywire. I don't care if the cap is going up. Some of these deals will and should get people fired.
Sports will collapse when the fans can no longer afford the games period.

czman

Liked Posts:
Sports will collapse when the fans can no longer afford the games period.

Sports/ESPN have gotten out of control. The advertising dollars they command to pay these ultimately get pushed down to regular families. It is part of the reason things cost so much here. When a company spends 100s of millions of dollars on advertising it has to recoup that cost. Entertainment in general is way out of control.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sports/ESPN have gotten out of control. The advertising dollars they command to pay these ultimately get pushed down to regular families. It is part of the reason things cost so much here. When a company spends 100s of millions of dollars on advertising it has to recoup that cost. Entertainment in general is way out of control.
And they'll collapse once people stop paying for cable TV. Either the middle class needs a pay raise, or the entire thing will collapse. But this is not a sports topic really.