Mike Dunleavy re-signs with Chicago Bulls for 14.4 million over 3 years

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Dunleavy. I thought he was terrific this year and he fits the competitiveness beautifully. He plays an all around game and is efficient everywhere, and very long.

He is 35. We drafted McDermott. We found Mirotic. And developed Snell. Just signed a SG/SF to 5 year max deal.

I am sure Snell will be moved for a second and I'm fine with that. Maybe even its McD that will be axed by management. This signing means somebody loses though and I just would have gone youth in this situation personally.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I like Dunleavy. I thought he was terrific this year and he fits the competitiveness beautifully. He plays an all around game and is efficient everywhere, and very long.

He is 35. We drafted McDermott. We found Mirotic. And developed Snell. Just signed a SG/SF to 5 year max deal.

I am sure Snell will be moved for a second and I'm fine with that. Maybe even its McD that will be axed by management. This signing means somebody loses though and I just would have gone youth in this situation personally.
Which guy is being moved? The Bulls don't have a full roster.

Hoiberg also isn't going to play Thib's 8 man rotations.

If the Bulls are to move someone, they need to move one of their bigs.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would seem to me Noah no longer is a great team fit. Portis would be an excellent 4th big developing with some minutes and injury times.

Snell should be traded and McDermot is a bust is what the Dunleavy signing tells me. We are still thin at guard.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Damn. We calling McDermott a bust after one season where he barely got any opportunities to play?

Maybe we're not ready to rely on him, but you can't call someone a bust after one season.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Excellent signing, especially with partial guarantee in year 3, when the cap will be ridiculously high. MDJ is the best shooter on the team and you don't just let that walk away to the competition. With Hoiberg taking over as coach, we need shooters and he was one of the best on the open market this offseason.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
3 year deal for a 35 year old scrub who doesn't play defense and is injury prone. He's a one trick pony and that one trick(3 point offense) is pretty weak. They should have let him go just like they should never had signed Hinrich for that sucky contract.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought Snell's shot cooled a little and their just aren't minutes for everybody on this team that was able to play them. Snell showed great promise as a possible Butler level defender though I thought. He can hold his own defensively and would seemingly compliment a backcourt of Rose-Butler because he can defend and doesn't require a lot of shots but has that developing 3 pointer to stretch teams. I don't think its unfair to compare him to a young Bowen....likely the defensive upside isn't quite that, but maybe his value is that of a Rick Fox.

Snell is greatly over-rated by rabid Bulls fans. He can't handle the ball and inconsistent on offense. He's also pretty lazy which is why Thibs didn't play him more. Fool's gold.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Glad Dunleavy is back. His presence was missed when he missed all those games in January. He plays the right way.

He has a "presence"? All I see is a terrible defender and below average 3 point shooter. To think that this guy actually started for the Bulls is another indicator of how weak the team really is. Now, the one shot wonder and Garfield Goose are signing the no talent yes guys.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
He has a "presence"? All I see is a terrible defender and below average 3 point shooter. To think that this guy actually started for the Bulls is another indicator of how weak the team really is. Now, the one shot wonder and Garfield Goose are signing the no talent yes guys.

Your Jay Mariotti impersonation is getting a bit much. I didn't like the Dunleavy signing but he is a good defender and is far from below average from long range.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
For me. I didn't like the deal because I think it's time to see what Snell and McDermott can do as our small forwards.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
41% from 3 is below average? Is Steph Curry the average now?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
it would have been pointless to let Dunleavy go...we wouldn't gain anything from it

essentially you are complaining about Bulls doing something you complain about them not doing: spending money

worst comes to worst hes salary filler in a trade

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Dunleavy is essentially the new Hinrich!

Far as I'm concerned, resigning MD does not affect McDermott at all. McD will play a lot and will start as soon as he is ready. Snell is Jimmy's backup and that is that.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
40% from 3 is below average??? Wow!

Dunleavy is not an all-star that much is obvious. But you can't get an all-star for $5M per year. $5M per year is actually just right for someone who played 30 minutes per game as a starter and a role player on the team. He wasn't flashy but he has pretty high basketball IQ and knew his role on the team. If we overpaid for him, it was only by around $1M per year. There was no one else we could've gotten for $5M in the open market.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Far as I'm concerned, resigning MD does not affect McDermott at all. McD will play a lot and will start as soon as he is ready. Snell is Jimmy's backup and that is that.

Snell can play either position...don't know for sure who backs up who until the season is underway. Dunleavy's signing does affect McDermott...how can it not?

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
I don't mind us bring Dunleavey back, he adds things to the team, and quietly does a good job. I think he's best suited to being a sixth man, and we'd be better suited if McDermot develops into the SF starter we envisioned when we drafted him. I actually can see that happening, Doug really didnt get much of a shot under Thibs, but he'll get his chance now to show what he's got. If he is a good player and a starter, Dunleavey will be tough off the bench.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Snell just like Jimmy can play both the SG and SF spots on the floor but I like the idea of both playing together out there at the time same because of what they can do defensively.