Saad....can we make an offer now??

Thunderfoot

Liked Posts:
Definitely unethical, but would it be legal for the Blackhawks to tender an offer to Saad? If he's unhappy about the trade, could he fire his agent and accept the offer? Would the league allow this?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
It would be allowed, however the Blackhawks must have the picks to do so. On top of that, they must have their OWN picks to do so. Also, the offer that they would have to make in order for CBJ to not match would have to be so ridiculous that it would put the Blackhawks in pure cap hell.

Thunderfoot

Liked Posts:
Dumb me, totally forgot Columbus can match. Was thinking he's a total free agent, not restricted.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The Hawks don't have a 2nd-round draft pick. They can't.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
he's not worth anything more than 3.5, so why even try? I'm happy with Dano as a return. He wore leather pants when he got drafted. STUD

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean.... 6.5 for having Saad for 6 years....Or 4.5 for the center, and likely pay Dano or not be able to afford him actually in 2.

If Dano develops anymore he'll be worth what Saad was. Get him a 60 point season playing with Kane/Toews/Teuvo/Hossa.

It sucks we lost Saad but I'm more anxious to see Kane be the first American in decades to lead the league in goals/points. This center helps him do that more than Saad helps Kane.

If not, Teuvo could be the ideal pass first playmaking center for Kane. And this Anisimov can 3C in the Vermette role.

Its the success that Teuvo/Sharp hard around a big body Vermette that makes the Teuvo-Anisimov-Sharp line intriguing...

Allowing a peak at Panarin-Dano-Kane

of course, the russian line of Panarin-Anisimov-Kane.

Dude we are so ready to rock now with 2 centers and here I was wanting every center from the draft.

Ton

Liked Posts:
I mean.... 6.5 for having Saad for 6 years....Or 4.5 for the center, and likely pay Dano or not be able to afford him actually in 2.

If Dano develops anymore he'll be worth what Saad was. Get him a 60 point season playing with Kane/Toews/Teuvo/Hossa.

It sucks we lost Saad but I'm more anxious to see Kane be the first American in decades to lead the league in goals/points. This center helps him do that more than Saad helps Kane.

If not, Teuvo could be the ideal pass first playmaking center for Kane. And this Anisimov can 3C in the Vermette role.

Its the success that Teuvo/Sharp hard around a big body Vermette that makes the Teuvo-Anisimov-Sharp line intriguing...

Allowing a peak at Panarin-Dano-Kane

of course, the russian line of Panarin-Anisimov-Kane.

Dude we are so ready to rock now with 2 centers and here I was wanting every center from the draft.

Dano and Anisimov may, or may not, be centers for Q. Time will tell, but as of now there is no way to determine whether or not Q would even be comfortable with Anisimov or Dano at center. Both have moved to wing in their careers, that's great for versatility, but not a great sign that they can be trusted as full-time centers.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How the fuck do people keep saying Saad isn't worth 6.5? If Saad waited two more years he could be worth 10. The guy is 22 and rising fast. Its not just his goals but the emphatic fuck me blitzkrieg style of his goals and his precise finishing.

The weaknesses in Saad's game are also fixable other than the long limbed frame. The guy is fast and 22 and outraced some fast guys in this years playoffs to show off. Somebody is going to pay him 6.5 so I'm pretty sure in the free agency period of american sports that means he's worth mother fucking 6.5.

If he was 25 and just kinda fast, maybe 4.5. If he was just a contributor maybe 3.5 But the guy is worth 6.5 and is going to be paid 6.5, and there are probably 3-5 teams that would jump at the chance to pay him that.

Just be glad we aren't Colombus and trading away 2 centers, 2 forwards, and a pick for the rights to pay him 6.5 and sift over the back line of our future defenseman.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Saad isn't going to be worth 10 Mil.

Saad is a great attribute having player and excellent two way, but no that's an outlandish leap. He's a complementary top line player at this point. He has never shown the proof that he could be a "franchise" player who creates the dominance and force on a line, ala Kane who can make a line out of average producers offensively great.

There's a slim chance he could develop to it, a very slim chance but guys who are worth 10 Mil are guys like Toews/Kane/Stamkos who by the time they are 19, they can do MORE than what Saad was able to do as a 22 year old NHLer.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
How the fuck do people keep saying Saad isn't worth 6.5? If Saad waited two more years he could be worth 10. The guy is 22 and rising fast. Its not just his goals but the emphatic fuck me blitzkrieg style of his goals and his precise finishing.

The weaknesses in Saad's game are also fixable other than the long limbed frame. The guy is fast and 22 and outraced some fast guys in this years playoffs to show off. Somebody is going to pay him 6.5 so I'm pretty sure in the free agency period of american sports that means he's worth mother fucking 6.5.

If he was 25 and just kinda fast, maybe 4.5. If he was just a contributor maybe 3.5 But the guy is worth 6.5 and is going to be paid 6.5, and there are probably 3-5 teams that would jump at the chance to pay him that.

Just be glad we aren't Colombus and trading away 2 centers, 2 forwards, and a pick for the rights to pay him 6.5 and sift over the back line of our future defenseman.

You don't commit a 6-year, $6.5 million contract to a player in the salary cap era unless you're 1,000 percent sure he's going to become that player. He's not on par with Toews and Kane.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saad isn't going to be worth 10 Mil.

Saad is a great attribute having player and excellent two way, but no that's an outlandish leap. He's a complementary top line player at this point. He has never shown the proof that he could be a "franchise" player who creates the dominance and force on a line, ala Kane who can make a line out of average producers offensively great.

There's a slim chance he could develop to it, a very slim chance but guys who are worth 10 Mil are guys like Toews/Kane/Stamkos who by the time they are 19, they can do MORE than what Saad was able to do as a 22 year old NHLer.

Not everybody is physically mature enough to do that at 19. I was 5'11" and 140 lbs. I still had 7 inches and 80 lbs to grow. Many taller guys are like that and need an extra year or 3 to grow into body. So you are still looking for that emerging talent and 22 just means upside and value. Particularly when you have a trajectory of development it looks like the best is yet to come. Its a good question if he can do without Toews. Ok...but that question is worth the risk to teams who haven't won a cup in 20 years. They would probably pay more than 6.5 just to find out, indeed, they are going to pay a 3C, a 40 point wing, and 6.5

The reason Saad is so valuable is because he has been rapidly improving and now it looks like he might just become dominant. He is certainly the type of speed other teams are looking at the finals and saying fuck me how do we catch up to those guys.

He has won 2 cups, he just won, and his offer sheet is a RFA. He has a ton of value. Obviously the Hawks hate to do this.

But after getting nothing for Sharp and looking at the center depth I think Bowman was backed into a corner and was looking at no money for years and no draft picks and no centers. He already lost Ladd and others, Frolik is scoring bunches elsewhere.

We already has the Saad/Sharp issue on this team in that there most productive slot was the same. We now have an incredibly dynamic roster full of intriguing line pairings.

Its my opinion that Teuvo will never have the lower body strength and is too good of a wing to play at center. Dano has lower body strength. He has the round ass of a hockey player, a center, like Toews. He is strong at 20, which means he is going to be our own little Odysseus. Thats gonna be my nickname for that fool. If Anisimov doesn't work with Kane for some reason, Teuvo/Dano are both much more in the playmaking Richards mold and should work. We can always just move Kane up to that first line and rock.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My only question in all of this is did we leave too much on the table? If we had made up our mind to trade Saad did we take the best deal for us?

Surely we could have gotten multiple firsts, but we already admired Anisimov and Dano. Are they worth the multiple firsts we could have gotten elsewhere?

Could we have gotten Miko Rantenen at pick 10 plus O-Reilly for instance?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
O-Reilly wants 8 mil dollars a year, no they couldn't of gotten him and that would make no sense.

There's potentially something else out there but it's hard to see what because there isn't many comparable great young NHL experienced guys that were dealt in the case of Saad as well as in the case of Dano. Remember Dano is the more significant piece than Aini, but he's not just a chip piece himself.

I think you have the case of overenamoring some talent and I love Saad, hell I used to end every post with Why must I be Saad?! It's not a case of a player rapidly increasing, he was just steadily increase his ability going up a bit by bit each year with his consistent mostly top pairing often top 6 ice time. His D game may develop even more, he has lapses at getting the puck OUT of the zone quite a bit still and elements like that will grow for him, he may become more stronger like Hossa. But his form and body doesn't look to be something that will really grow, he grows a full beard already right away and did several years ago. That's one of those old scout tells on guys physical maturity.

There just is a difference from a player who is a THE GUY stud you can pay that much and a player like Sharp who is an ideal complementary player who will be fantastic on your top line Wing. Saad could develop more past his speed but he doesn't have that great player style hands to get great shots or great passing plays off more frequently. Saad still seems to be permanently more Sharp than Toews, and I think he'll still be a Sharp like player next to Ryan Johanssen and he will may RyJo better and help him produce more offense for sure. I don't think it was a bad return at all, I think the small parts like the Palliotta though he's 4th on the RHD depth chart of prospects, it was a shame he was added in to solidify the trade.(though rumors are Morin could be packaged with steeger or sharp perhaps in a trade soon to happen and it wouldn't be a bad case then)