We get Tikhinov!!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love free talent that falls in our laps! As was discussed at the Panarin signing, speculation was the winner of Panarin may get his center lineman!!

God our center position just did a 180. We are now overstocked and going to be sliding our talented young centers to wing a lot. Excellent. Shaw should be the happiest Hawk right now. Then Kane. And Keiths wife.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
050b8a7f8a1f7ef50de3391f8b690fad.jpg

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2008 first round pick (#28 by Coyotes).

Good review calling him a positive contributor and checker to the penalty killing line his rookie year. Even then he had the strength to center in NHL.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I love free talent that falls in our laps! As was discussed at the Panarin signing, speculation was the winner of Panarin may get his center lineman!!

God our center position just did a 180. We are now overstocked and going to be sliding our talented young centers to wing a lot. Excellent. Shaw should be the happiest Hawk right now. Then Kane. And Keiths wife.

Grim told me it did a 360, what is this shit?

Ton

Liked Posts:
Tikhonov is not a center.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Grim told me it did a 360, what is this shit?

haha, I mean we lost Richards/Vermette. It would be hard to say we are better, but the two Russian centers come in at 4.5 for next season. I can't wait to see them play in the NHL together. They clearly like each other and probably have chemistry, they could hit it off with Kane and then you have Anisimov at 3C. Kruger at 4. I think anything is possible right now but we don't have to worry about playing Teuvo/Dano/Shaw at center unless its the right fit.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gretzky drafted him. I thought I read he was Panarin's center. My bad. Well that just means you go

Sharp-Toews-Hossa
Teuvo-Dano-Kane
Panarin-Anisimov-Tikhinov
Shaw-Kruger-? best man win

We are gonna fuck some fools up with that. We gotta try that right? I hope the Russian chemistry with others stays clean all year. I could see them becoming moody and cliquey, its a risk to see if they take to the Blackhawks culture of passion and sacrifice.

Also mentions is a gritty two way player. Like Dano. And Anisimov. And Sharp. I team is shaping up to be ungodly sound defensively while sporting Kane/Toews/Sharp/Teuvo on the scoreboard. We coming back nasty and very different next year.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The excitement of getting him kinda waned since Ainisomov was signed. Yes Tikihnov is still the buddy pairing of Panarin but actually translating to NHL talent he's a bottom 6 player. If he does stick well with the Hawks at center it'd be nice to have a right handed center faceoff option other than Shaw.

It's a good cheap deal but also making me anxious to hear when they'll settle the Kruger contract. I hope nobody offer sheets Kruger to a strong contract but Bowman said they were very close and kept reiterating that point yesterday.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Gretzky drafted him. I thought I read he was Panarin's center. My bad. Well that just means you go

Sharp-Toews-Hossa
Teuvo-Dano-Kane
Panarin-Anisimov-Tikhinov
Shaw-Kruger-? best man win

We are gonna fuck some fools up with that. We gotta try that right? I hope the Russian chemistry with others stays clean all year. I could see them becoming moody and cliquey, its a risk to see if they take to the Blackhawks culture of passion and sacrifice.

Also mentions is a gritty two way player. Like Dano. And Anisimov. And Sharp. I team is shaping up to be ungodly sound defensively while sporting Kane/Toews/Sharp/Teuvo on the scoreboard. We coming back nasty and very different next year.

Maybe in the KHL. This is the NHL, can he hang with the big boys?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He also won a gold medal at the 2014 World Championships and was named Top Forward of the tournament. He also has 2 other instances of turning on another level in the playoffs.

His grandfather was a legendary Soviet National Team coach. Sounds like a good 3,4 to have around to me. He plays two ways with a focus even moreso on his defensive mindedness. I think its a great depth add that costs a minimum salary basically. He's ready to contribute now and has upside.

8-12 goals with the Hawks.

Also, he costs no picks and we can trade him for them. Awesome.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Does the Russian Bigfoot approve

Ton

Liked Posts:
He also won a gold medal at the 2014 World Championships and was named Top Forward of the tournament. He also has 2 other instances of turning on another level in the playoffs.

His grandfather was a legendary Soviet National Team coach. Sounds like a good 3,4 to have around to me. He plays two ways with a focus even moreso on his defensive mindedness. I think its a great depth add that costs a minimum salary basically. He's ready to contribute now and has upside.

8-12 goals with the Hawks.

Also, he costs no picks and we can trade him for them. Awesome.

Definitely low risk pick-ups, which is the best part of the deal. If they pan out, then that's cool. If not, then that's cool too.

At the very least, it's going to provide an interesting training camp, and some competition for those open spots.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I was one of the 30 fans at Coyotes game when the scammer Gretzky coached them. He never should have had Tikhinov in the lineup then (was nowhere near ready). I didn't think he was a very good skater then. While he was a smart player...he seemed very physically immature.

It'll be interesting to see if he got any stronger or improved his skating

Ton

Liked Posts:
I was one of the 30 fans at Coyotes game when the scammer Gretzky coached them. He never should have had Tikhinov in the lineup then (was nowhere near ready). I didn't think he was a very good skater then. While he was a smart player...he seemed very physically immature.

It'll be interesting to see if he got any stronger or improved his skating

I think if he's going to stick, it's going to be on the 3rd or 4th line. I don't think Tikhonov was ever suppose to be a great offensive player, but more of a big body defensive winger (who knows, maybe center) that can chip in offensively here and there.

From HF:

Talent Analysis

Solid two-way winger possessing good size and the capability of playing a grinding style of game. Tikhonov is tough to knock of the puck and his quick hands and strength makes him an elusive player both along the boards and around the net.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I worry about a Russian player. But a Russian player who couldn't crack the Phoenix lineup? This is a win?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I worry about a Russian player. But a Russian player who couldn't crack the Phoenix lineup? This is a win?

When he was 20/21, 6 years ago.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Meh, nothing to get particularly excited about.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
When he was 20/21, 6 years ago.

ah yes, back when their second leading scorer was Steven Reinprecht, and their record was 36-39-7

Reactions: Ton