Alshon Jeffery top 100 omission?

Aso

Liked Posts:
That top 100 list is annually garbage. Camden hit the nail on the head.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Taking a look at the top 100 list, which is in the 30's now, I assume Alshon will not be making this list.

A few Receivers on this list in my opinion are not as good as Alshon

100. Randall Cobb
95. Emmanuel Sanders
91. Julian Edelman (wtf)
85. Golden Tate
75. Mike Evans (wtf)
61. Jeremy Maclin
57. Brandon Marshall (I don't think it's a hard sell to say that Jeffery had a better season, but I'd agree he isn't a better player)
54. Steve Smith
50. Desean Jackson

That's just a few, could be more.

Am I a homer in thinking he's a better receiver than at least 3/4 of this list?

You are definitely right on. Jackson Smith Tate and Edleman should not have made the list. Pretty sure Alshon had more TDs than them and is a better big play WR. Too many voted Marshall in. He will be there next yr

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
You should know by now that this is a bunch of biased crap. You just know Gay Boy will be #1, even though Watt is far better.

Watt with his sack #s run D deflections fumbles house calls and td catches while being double to triple teamed was the MVP on a crap Houston team with Schaub giving games away...literally. I think they even won 8 or 9 games! I have really not seen a better all-around season from a DL. QBs have had better seasons. Watt should be numero uno

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Even accounting for their respective positions, Rodgers is a better QB than Watt is a DL. Rodgers is on pace to be the best to ever play the game.

There goes Bearlick talking out your ass yet again lmao! So does Brady and his 6 SB appearances and 4 rings not trump Rodgers and his whole 1? Math lick....4>1

Tell us how Crapperpick is gonna be the best again:lmao:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There goes Bearlick talking out your ass yet again lmao! So does Brady and his 6 SB appearances and 4 rings not trump Rodgers and his whole 1? Math lick....4>1

Tell us how Crapperpick is gonna be the best again:lmao:
Superbowl wins are the gauge of QBs, are they?

Bradshaw > Marino
Eli > Peyton

You gunning for another Worst Poster award, Guano?

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:

Bradshaw > Marino
Eli > Peyton

You don't think Superbowl victories factor in to the discussion of who the best qb's were? You're being ignorant then.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You don't think Superbowl victories factor in to the discussion of who the best qb's were? You're being ignorant then.
Not to the point of being the sole determining factor when comparing individual players, no. And that's very easy to demonstrate.

Rodgers is making history. His numbers are unheard of despite playing on what would be an otherwise average team with a meh defense and meh offensive lines. He's the best player in football and if his performances continue through the remainder of his career then he's very likely to go down as the best to play the game.

Another championship or two would certainly help, but winning one or even no rings doesn't mean a player wasn't great, as is the case with guys like Peyton manning, Marino, Young, Favre etc.

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
Not to the point of being the sole determining factor when comparing individual players, no. And that's very easy to demonstrate.

Rodgers is making history. His numbers are unheard of despite playing on what would be an otherwise average team with a meh defense and meh offensive lines. He's the best player in football and if his performances continue through the remainder of his career then he's very likely to go down as the best to play the game.

Another championship or two would certainly help, but winning one or even no rings doesn't mean a player wasn't great, as is the case with guys like Peyton manning, Marino, Young, Favre etc.

Well sure, its not the sole determining factor, but I don't think people very often consider it to be that. I do however think that even if Aaron Rodgers continues at his pace and breaks plenty of records, but fails to win another superbowl, that would preclude him from talks of being the best Quarterback of all time. I mean, Peyton Manning statistically has some pretty breathtaking stats, but he's choked in multiple superbowls and I think that tarnishes his legacy.

Do you not think an inability to win championships is a blemish on a career? How often do people mention Marino and "he never won a superbowl" Its obviously a combination of both statistics and championships. Nobody is claiming Terry Bradshaw was the best QB ever, just like people question whether Manning would be unanimously considered the best if he could have just brought home a few more trophies.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Tom Brady already has that locked in.
Brady/Montana...Montana/Brady 4SB victories with great statistics to match make them GOAT 1 ans 1A with an easy argument either way. Manning or Rodgers can put up all the #'s they want in this QB stats bloating age and they don't sniff those two, not without multiple SB trophies. Hell minus the SB ring, Marino's #'s during the era he played in way surpasses what Manning has done. And as for anyone wanting to citing passer ratings, Cutler, Palmer, Schaub, Ryan, Garrard and Trent Green are career top 25's. Only 4 players that didn't play in the 2000's made the list, so, other than a year to year stat, it is sort of useless.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
(Rodgers is making history. His numbers are unheard of despite playing on what would be an otherwise average team with a meh defense and meh offensive lines. He's the best player in football and if his performances continue through the remainder of his career then he's very likely to go down as the best to play the game.)

Rodgers plays in a time where QBs get all the breaks. Is he better then Montana or Young or Marino? No. I could not imagine the numbers those guys would put up today. The game has changed. Besides Luck is the guy who will hold every record known, when it's all said and done. AR is a great QB but stats don't mean much to me. He is a sissy boy who would not make it when football was a mans sport.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watt with his sack #s run D deflections fumbles house calls and td catches while being double to triple teamed was the MVP on a crap Houston team with Schaub giving games away...literally. I think they even won 8 or 9 games! I have really not seen a better all-around season from a DL. QBs have had better seasons. Watt should be numero uno

I agree. Like you said Watt contributes on Offense AND Defense. Meanwhile, Erin doesn't do diddly shit to help out that shitty ass defense the Packers have.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Not only do I disagree with that ranking, but I also disagree with each of your subsequent comments added.

Also, I refuse to 'agree to disagree' on any ranking/rating issue.

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
I agree. Like you said Watt contributes on Offense AND Defense. Meanwhile, Erin doesn't do diddly shit to help out that shitty ass defense the Packers have.

Are you kidding me? Rodgers is probably one of the largest factors determining the way the packers defense plays. When your offense is constantly converting 3rd downs and causing your Defense to play with a lead, you don't think that's helping out?

stupid.gif

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:

Bradshaw > Marino
Eli > Peyton

Crapperpick....the best eh? You do realize your bogus predictions are the worst and the laughingstock here. Let's hear another gem from ya.....please.

And you do realize that SBs play a factor in judging qbs or else Peyton would be viewed as better than Brady but he has choked too many times like Rodgers you dolt. Keep posting great comebacks please:obama:

Last edited:

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:

Ignorant? With his posts I would just say a moron and leave it at that

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
(Rodgers is making history. His numbers are unheard of despite playing on what would be an otherwise average team with a meh defense and meh offensive lines. He's the best player in football and if his performances continue through the remainder of his career then he's very likely to go down as the best to play the game.)

Rodgers plays in a time where QBs get all the breaks. Is he better then Montana or Young or Marino? No. I could not imagine the numbers those guys would put up today. The game has changed. Besides Luck is the guy who will hold every record known, when it's all said and done. AR is a great QB but stats don't mean much to me. He is a sissy boy who would not make it when football was a mans sport.

Can you imagine what stats Marino would be putting up with today's rules? He might be putting up 6000 yards and 50+ TD's consistently. His 1984 season is still the greatest a football player has ever had.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That top 100 list is annually garbage. Camden hit the nail on the head.

One thing everyone agrees on.

I don't know if they still do it, but in the past, the list was in theory for the upcoming season. So the 2014 numbers don't necessarily dictate where a player is.

One thing I don't understand is that I am led to believe that the players list their top 20 players. Who the hell would list Randall Cobb as a top 20 player?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rodgers just seems great because he's kicking our ass all the time unfortunately. But in the history of the NFL and considering the pass first ways of today, he's not top ten. I don't give a damn about his stats. And true that, Dan Marino is

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alshon should be in the top 60 easy. Probably top 32. He was #10 for fantasy football points last year in my league. To not be in the top 100 on this list is either a mistake, or just stupidity. Maybe he's in the top 30 that haven't been revealed yet?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are definitely right on. Jackson Smith Tate and Edleman should not have made the list. Pretty sure Alshon had more TDs than them and is a better big play WR. Too many voted Marshall in. He will be there next yr

Other than just blind homerism, explain to me why AJ deserves to be placed on the list and Tate not. Certainly not by last years stats. The two actually have fairly close stats..........

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14912/alshon-jeffery

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13217/golden-tate

Tate proved that he is still a threat, even in the absence of CJ. Can the same be said for Alshon? Time will tell.