Alshon Jeffery top 100 omission?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rodgers just seems great because he's kicking our ass all the time unfortunately. But in the history of the NFL and considering the pass first ways of today, he's not top ten.

:obama:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Rodgers is a great player but I just don't see him anywhere near being the best QB of all time. Montana is the guy for my money. One clutch SOB... His first SB winning team didn't have much talent on the offensive side of the ball either. Smart, accurate, clutch, athletic (he was great rolling out) and like having another coach on the field...

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Other than just blind homerism, explain to me why AJ deserves to be placed on the list and Tate not. Certainly not by last years stats. The two actually have fairly close stats..........

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14912/alshon-jeffery

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13217/golden-tate

Tate proved that he is still a threat, even in the absence of CJ. Can the same be said for Alshon? Time will tell.

In what warped world are their stats similar? I would call you a homer but this is complete idiocy. Their yards are pretty close but how is Tate's mere 4 whole TDs similar to AJ's 10 TD! Use your head next time before posting "blind homerism"....that was hilarious...no contest!:turrible:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In what warped world are their stats similar? I would call you a homer but this is complete idiocy. Their yards are pretty close but how is Tate's mere 4 whole TDs similar to AJ's 10 TD! Use your head next time before posting "blind homerism"....that was hilarious...no contest!:turrible:

Lmao, Your a complete idiot. I guess it's true about what others say about you being the worst poster. Way to cherry pick stats numbskull. Tate had 14 more receptions but yet 3 less targets. He had 200 more yards. Both were nearly equal in first downs, average yards per catch and longest pass play. yet you want to pick the one stat Jeffrey lead on, ignore the two in which he lagged.

Tate will see your 10 Td's and raise you one superbowl ring and one playoff appearance dufus.

Not to mention that a good portion of Jeffery's stats came playing in garbage time against a two deep coverage as the bears were getting blown out.

Not saying Tate is better, but in terms of overall value, the two are about equal.

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:

And Marshall missed plenty of time and Alshon still performed. Wtf is OP talking about?

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
Lmao, Your a complete idiot. I guess it's true about what others say about you being the worst poster. Way to cherry pick stats numbskull. Tate had 14 more receptions but yet 3 less targets. He had 200 more yards. Both were nearly equal in first downs, average yards per catch and longest pass play. yet you want to pick the one stat Jeffrey lead on, ignore the two in which he lagged.

Tate will see your 10 Td's and raise you one superbowl ring and one playoff appearance dufus.

Not to mention that a good portion of Jeffery's stats came playing in garbage time against a two deep coverage as the bears were getting blown out.

Not saying Tate is better, but in terms of overall value, the two are about equal.

You're

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Rodgers just seems great because he's kicking our ass all the time unfortunately. But in the history of the NFL and considering the pass first ways of today, he's not top ten. I don't give a damn about his stats. And true that, Dan Marino is
Who's saying Rodgers is top ten all time? Anyone saying that is completely ignorant of the history of the NFL and lacks the ability to comprehend changes in the landscape of the sport. Seriously, anyone past 16 years old calling Rodgers top ten all time at this point in his career is so fucking clueless it's comical.

Last edited:

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:

So...I take it you don't think scoring and TDs win games? Damn....no wonder everyone thinks you are an idiot. TDs are the epitome of production you dunce. No cherry picking...just the facts which you forgot to mention in your homer post. Yards are close but the most important stat....TDs you didn't and couldn't mention in your awful argument.

A super bowl appearance with Seattle's D and running game???? Yeah...Tate led the charge all the way. Damn you sound desperate...and not too bright but what's new.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who's saying Rodgers is top ten all time? Anyone saying that is completely ignorant of the history of the NFL and lacks the ability to comprehend changes in the landscape of the sport. Seriously, anyone past 16 years old calling Rodgers top ten all time at this point in his career is so fucking clueless it's comical.

I can see an argument for Rodgers being Top Ten. Then again I rank Steve Young above Joe Montana. Rodgers is ridiculously accurate and fairly mobile. Many consider Rodgers currently better than Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. Granted both are near the ends of their career but to be compared to two first ballot HOF's, that's something. 2 MVP's doesn't hurt.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I can see an argument for Rodgers being Top Ten. Then again I rank Steve Young above Joe Montana. Rodgers is ridiculously accurate and fairly mobile. Many consider Rodgers currently better than Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. Granted both are near the ends of their career but to be compared to two first ballot HOF's, that's something. 2 MVP's doesn't hurt.
Brady, Manning, Marino, Montana, Young,Favre, Elway, Unitas, Fouts, Aikman, Bradshaw, Tarkenton, Brees. All better player careers relative to era, if his career ends tomorrow. That's just QB's. The list is all players, so then you add in, Payton, Smith, Brown, Sanders, Tomlinson, Faulk, Rice, Owens, Moss,Lofton as superior skill players, and he can't even sniff top ten and that is ignoring O line and all of defense.

Rodgers is top 3-4 right now and has what it takes to be in top ten player all time talk, but he has to win more championships or put up a lot more yards in a QB friendly era, to enter that conversation. Hell, Jon Kitna, Rich Gannon, and Jake Plummer currently have more career passing yards than Rodgers. He can't be judged on his current trajectory, but what he has done. One SB win and #48 in passing yards all time in this era is not a Top 10 all time player, he is not there yet.

Last edited:

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

You're a complete idiot.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So...I take it you don't think scoring and TDs win games? Damn....no wonder everyone thinks you are an idiot. TDs are the epitome of production you dunce. No cherry picking...just the facts which you forgot to mention in your homer post. Yards are close but the most important stat....TDs you didn't and couldn't mention in your awful argument.

A super bowl appearance with Seattle's D and running game???? Yeah...Tate led the charge all the way. Damn you sound desperate...and not too bright but what's new.

Like the touchdown against Green Bay on 9/28 in which we got our asses kicked 17 to 38?
or was it the one against New England another sound thumping 23-51?
or was it the two garbage time against Detroit, another 17-34 debacle
and the one against Dallas another loss, 28 - 41
and don't forget New Orleans 15-31

So obviously, no, scoring touchdowns in garbage time doesn't matter. Look, I get it, at 6'3", Jeffrey is and always will be more of a red zone target than Tate at 5'10". Making plays that sustain drives that ultimately lead to points is equally important as putting the points on the board yourself. Doing so in games that matter, is more important. There is a reason Tate in on that list and Jeffery is not. There is a reason Tate made the pro bowl roster and Jeffery did not.

This was your statement

"Jackson Smith Tate and Edleman should not have made the list. Pretty sure Alshon had more TDs than them and is a better big play WR"

It's blatantly wrong.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Like the touchdown against Green Bay on 9/28 in which we got our asses kicked 17 to 38?
or was it the one against New England another sound thumping 23-51?
or was it the two garbage time against Detroit, another 17-34 debacle
and the one against Dallas another loss, 28 - 41
and don't forget New Orleans 15-31

So obviously, no, scoring touchdowns in garbage time doesn't matter. Look, I get it, at 6'3", Jeffrey is and always will be more of a red zone target than Tate at 5'10". Making plays that sustain drives that ultimately lead to points is equally important as putting the points on the board yourself. Doing so in games that matter, is more important. There is a reason Tate in on that list and Jeffery is not. There is a reason Tate made the pro bowl roster and Jeffery did not.

This was your statement

"Jackson Smith Tate and Edleman should not have made the list. Pretty sure Alshon had more TDs than them and is a better big play WR"

It's blatantly wrong.

In the words of the great nc0gnet0, "your a complete idiot".

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brady, Manning, Marino, Montana, Young,Favre, Elway, Unitas, Fouts, Aikman, Bradshaw, Tarkenton, Brees. All better player careers relative to era, if his career ends tomorrow. That's just QB's. The list is all players, so then you add in, Payton, Smith, Brown, Sanders, Tomlinson, Faulk, Rice, Owens, Moss,Lofton as superior skill players, and he can't even sniff top ten and that is ignoring O line and all of defense.

Rodgers is top 3-4 right now and has what it takes to be in top ten player all time talk, but he has to win more championships or put up a lot more yards in a QB friendly era, to enter that conversation. Hell, Jon Kitna, Rich Gannon, and Jake Plummer currently have more career passing yards than Rodgers. He can't be judged on his current trajectory, but what he has done. One SB win and #48 in passing yards all time in this era is not a Top 10 all time player, he is not there yet.

lol

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
lol is an understatement.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
That you think Rodgers is in discussion as a top ten all time NFL player based on what he has accomplished to this point in his career say all that needs to be said.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
That you think Rodgers is in discussion as a top ten all time NFL player based on what he has accomplished to this point in his career say all that needs to be said.

How many yrs at this level does he have to play in your opinion to get seriously in the discussion.

Hell, I have Jim Brown as my #1 all time best and he played what, 9 seasons in total.

I wouldn't put him up there, yet, but if he keeps producing for 2 more yrs like he has, he is definitely seriously in contention.