Alshon Jeffery top 100 omission?

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
Taking a look at the top 100 list, which is in the 30's now, I assume Alshon will not be making this list.

A few Receivers on this list in my opinion are not as good as Alshon

100. Randall Cobb
95. Emmanuel Sanders
91. Julian Edelman (wtf)
85. Golden Tate
75. Mike Evans (wtf)
61. Jeremy Maclin
57. Brandon Marshall (I don't think it's a hard sell to say that Jeffery had a better season, but I'd agree he isn't a better player)
54. Steve Smith
50. Desean Jackson

That's just a few, could be more.

Am I a homer in thinking he's a better receiver than at least 3/4 of this list?

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
Me obviously...I created a thread about it. I'm not bitching about his omission, rather I'm asking to see if other people agree with me that he's a better reciever than this arbitrary list gives him credit for.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
It's just not that big of a deal, Steve Smith for example is no where near being a top 100 player anymore but his reputation put him on the list anyway.

Alshon is a great looking young player, be happy he's on the team, who cares if he's on a goofy list?

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was thinking the same thing but I got over it. If you look at each player and what they did for their respective teams, Alshon is on par with who you listed, even the rookie Evans. The only WTF person for me was DeSean Jackson, ESPECIALLY at 50.

Alshon at (85 rec 1133 yds and 10 TD) >> DeSean at (56 rec 1169 yds and 6 TD)

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hope we have a bulletin board.

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
I was thinking the same thing but I got over it. If you look at each player and what they did for their respective teams, Alshon is on par with who you listed, even the rookie Evans. The only WTF person for me was DeSean Jackson, ESPECIALLY at 50.

Alshon at (85 rec 1133 yds and 10 TD) >> DeSean at (56 rec 1169 yds and 6 TD)

Those are actually kind of impressive numbers considering the low amount of catches...

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Sucks for Alshon I'm sure he'd like the recognition but hopefully just more ammunition for a big 2015.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are there still people that are still realizing that list is stupid as shit?

I mean, if a player you like is on there, its cool to watch the video on him. Sometimes they are pretty damn good. But the list itself is Special person as fuck and they don't even pretend anymore.

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:

I mean, if a player you like is on there, its cool to watch the video on him. Sometimes they are pretty damn good. But the list itself is Special person as fuck and they don't even pretend anymore.

Do people even read threads anymore or do they read the title and then comment based on that? It's not about whether he's on the list, I'm gauging whether or not people think he's that caliber of receiver. GAWSHDARNIT!

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, the list is stupid and a popularity contest. In fact, I haven't watched an entire episode...however, I'm always down for Bears getting recognition and I always enjoy watching their highlights. Despite the negatives of having a list like this, I am surprised he's not on it. And I think that is the point of the O.P.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
He 100% belongs on the list. Only question would be where on the list. I'm biased so I would have him higher then fans of other teams. But to not make the list is more proof the list is a joke.

Reactions: DC

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dunno if he belongs on the list or not, but i'd sure like to insert my Alshon into noonthirtyjoes avatars Jeffries

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
But the list itself is Special person as fuck and they don't even pretend anymore.
I dunno, I think Ryan Pace should significantly slash any extension offer to AJ as a result of him missing it, or at least make an escalator clause in his next contract for making the list.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You should know by now that this is a bunch of biased crap. You just know Gay Boy will be #1, even though Watt is far better.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You should know by now that this is a bunch of biased crap. You just know Gay Boy will be #1, even though Watt is far better.

Even accounting for their respective positions, Rodgers is a better QB than Watt is a DL. Rodgers is on pace to be the best to ever play the game.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Careful Mick, say anything positive about a Packer player and you're labeled a Packer fan. Even if you're just pointing out the obvious because I'm quite certain most people don't think Watt is far better than Rodgers, cause he isn't.