Brandon Marshall Ommits Jay Cutler from list of best teammates

Mitchapalooza

Except the expectation of every getting anywhere. The best reciecers dont have zero playoff stats

what? when has a receiver ever been judged on playoff appearance? Marshall is a top WR every year. If Peyton Manning played like he did every year, without making the playoffs he'd still be one of the greats.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Thomas jones style apart from the four years part

Don't forget he was unappreciated before he was traded to the Jets, just like Thomas Jones. We'll see if he is talked about like he did nothing for the Bears, just like when Thomas Jones wasn't on the team anymore.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Actually this is my last pos

This thread is about marshall and jay's relationship but in reality it is just another chance to bash jay cutler from the same usual peopl. There will be no intelligent discussion,hell there will be no discussion at all just the same shit. I kind of feel like Daabears at this point as there is no reason to post while the forums remain predictable and stagnant. Ill see you guys later. Go bears

dabears253313

Liked Posts:

This thread is about marshall and jay's relationship but in reality it is just another chance to bash jay cutler from the same usual peopl. There will be no intelligent discussion,hell there will be no discussion at all just the same shit. I kind of feel like Daabears at this point as there is no reason to post while the forums remain predictable and stagnant. Ill see you guys later. Go bears

I knew it would happen from the title. If Marshall had mentioned Cutler as a best teammate, then it would have been more of a Marshall bashing fest.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
8228265693_e393b5e26b_z.jpg
That's what Brandon said about you.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
what? when has a receiver ever been judged on playoff appearance? Marshall is a top WR every year. If Peyton Manning played like he did every year, without making the playoffs he'd still be one of the greats.

Ahem... Julio jones, roddy white

Mitchapalooza

You said this in the last thread yet all you do is post in cutler threads and complain about em. I asked about marshall and you resort to this. ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the comparison is a little bit muddled. I think great QBs SHOULD consistently be in the playoffs, just given the impact a QB has on the game as opposed to other positions. For that reason, if Peyton(or anyone for that matter) never made the playoffs, I certainly would have a hard time calling him "one of the greats"

WR (or any other position player)- it's a tough call on how much to blame them. I tend to think that it takes a team to win the super bowl, but to not even make the playoffs? That's a tough sell, though not an impossible sell...

sayersbutkus_main.jpg

Plus it can be a little bit weird with the "not able to win XXXX" type of thing. Going back to Peyton. He was clearly unable to win the big one, right up until he WAS able to win it.

Not really arguing strongly one way or another, just throwing my two cents in.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler sucks. The sooner every one of you accepts that the happier you will be

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder if there is any current or former NFL player that WOULD put Jay on their list of top teammates.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think cutler is a master troll at this point. He would probably be banned for a month here

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Except the expectation of every getting anywhere. The best reciecers dont have zero playoff stats

But quality at the non-QB skill positions really doesn't correlate with championship success.

Larry Fitz, Megatron, Marshall, AJ Green, Moss, Andre Johnson, Boldin, Steve Smith, Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez, Jimmy Graham, Witten, Adrian Peterson, Shady McCoy, Tomlinson, Forte, Arian Foster, MJD, Jamaal Charles, Ray Rice, Priest Holmes .....

The leading players at the skill positions over the last ten years or so have a severe dearth of rings. A great QB and/or defense is a bigger indicator of success. Just saying, by the numbers, Marshall isn't an outlier, he's actually the norm.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I love how everybody jumps on Marshall about being a prima donna... the same as 99.9% of all WRs out there.
The only problem with marshall on the bears was that people gave him a platform and encouraged his BS.

I am by no means a Lovie loyalist... But I would be willing to bet that Marshall would have been MUUUUUCH quieter If Lovie was in charge.

The bears brass and the players themselves should have marginalized his outbursts rather than lionized them.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
that marshall is still being pilloried by the fanbase is proof positive that we may, in fact, be proud company of the stupidest fans in the NFL

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Marshall is a Jet. Ommy is the only one who should care what he does or says anymore.

Isn't that why Marshall ommitted Culter from his fav list?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

17,153 posts to realize that?
Well, tata.
Be well.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I love how everybody jumps on Marshall about being a prima donna... the same as 99.9% of all WRs out there.
The only problem with marshall on the bears was that people gave him a platform and encouraged his BS.

I am by no means a Lovie loyalist... But I would be willing to bet that Marshall would have been MUUUUUCH quieter If Lovie was in charge.

The bears brass and the players themselves should have marginalized his outbursts rather than lionized them.

Blah. Glad Lovie is gone.

I don't think my BOY Arians or My other BOY J Fox woulda tolerated his bullshit.

Then again, the jets are what? His 4th team? The guy never learns.