Brandon Marshall Ommits Jay Cutler from list of best teammates

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
i agree. Marshall tried his best in every game that he played. You can't say that about many of the guys on that team last year. That team quit and when marshall and a couple others tried to wake them up, he pissed them off. That team quit on their coaching staff and that is inexcusable to me. Cutler and allen were the poster children for the quitters. two guys that should have been positive leaders and role models for the younger players, did the opposite. The fact that these two stiffs were so highly paid, made things even worse.

truth

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i've noticed that but I will be the better gurl

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Marshall is undoubtedly difficult. who gives a damn?
Given Lovies pretty firm grasp on the way the team presented themselves to the media, one could assume that there would have been less Marshall-centric press conferences.

Shit spirals out of control- We saw that with Trestman. Marshall was allowed to make his own choices and present himself however he chose with little or no ramifications as far as we could see- Which likely led to a whole mess of personality conflicts.

Marshall is an ego centric douche. Like Sherman. Like Revis. Like Owens. Handling them is likely a bitch, but it can be done. Unfortunately in marshalls case, the inmate was allowed free reign of the asylum, and the results of that are more the coaches fault for not keeping his ass in check than it was Marshall's fault for being marshall.
I agreed but it would likely have been at the expense of Marshall which we got anyway. Only difference and a significant one with Lovie is that the team wouldn't have spiralled with Marshall, which is what I said. No one has handled Marshall for an extended period so assuming someone can is a bigger stretch than thinking it will always be short lived. I have no disagreement that Lovie could get his guys to play and that Trestman failed miserably at it last year.

We'll never know if Marshall can be handled at this point because he now has exactly what he wants in what likely is his last years but I doubt it would surprise anyone if he imploded again. Lovie tended to treat boys like men. How'd it work for Tank? There's only so much you can do before you suspend a guy and/or cut bait. Means that his talent becomes no longer accessible regardless of who his coach is. I liked the hire but wondered at the time what would happen after a few years and/or a down season. It's been his M O and unfortunately, we couldn't strike while the iron was hot. I like Marshall as a player but I considered him a rental.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Wow, board hitting all time lows since i've been here with this one.....

Please god, let the next 2 months go quickly.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You will miss out on the preseason hype. Brandon rideau is a sleeper

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ommits...
Get off my lawn.
Trading down is for idiots and cowards.
I worked out with Sweetness.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
David Fales

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
they might not be on each others favorite lists right now however they will kiss and make up sometime they are the reason each other still have a job in the nfl.
If trestman would of been able to control the lockeroom things might have been different

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anybody that thinks Lovie would have had Marshall and his cake too is fooling themselves. Do we forget Cutler, Tank, Benson and Kruetz antics during his stay. If you could play, you got nothing but more rope and a fatherly talking to until it just couldn't work any more, especially on O. Same would have happened to Marshall...until it just didn't work anymore. It wasn't Trestman/Emery that moved him on. It was this new group that just didn't want to deal with it because they knew him and his MO. As I said, Lovie wouldn't have lost that team lIke Trestman but he may have lost the O. It had happened on his watch.